Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Cardiff City v Birmingham City?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:00 pm

Cardiff City win (6/5)
56%
Birmingham City win (11/5)
11%
Draw (23/10)
33%

Total votes : 18

MATCH THREA: " CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY " MATCH THREAD

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:00 pm

CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY
Saturday 13th August, 12.30pm
Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City Stadium

Can I stream or watch the match on TV?

This match is live on Sky Sports 12:30pm Saturday

Cardiff City XI: Allsop; Romeo, Ng, Kipre, Collins; Wintle, Rinomhota, Sawyers; Philogene, Watters, O'Dowda. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Pay on the day :bluebird: :bluebird:

Perry Ng is back from Suspension.

Isaak Davies fitness?

"Still a few weeks away. He's on the grass and training. He needs to build up slowly. He had a sore one on his knee and needs to be built up in the right way."

Steve Morison

Team News: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Isaak Davies still not fully recovered from his injury, light training.

Adam’s out injured for 2-3 months

Vontae Campbell banned for 3 matches.

The Opposition's Manager - John Eustace

Eustace took over as Birmingham manager in July. It is his first management job, other than a brief spell as caretaker manager at QPR.

He played for teams such as Stoke, Watford and Derby throughout his playing career.

Opposition Dangerous Players

Scott Hogan scored ten league goals last season and already has one this season. Troy Deeney is also an accomplished Championship striker

Previous Meeting 

We drew 1-1 at home to Birmingham in the Sky Bet Championship in April

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Allsop, Romeo, Simpson, Kipre, Collins, Wintle, Rinomhota, Sawyers, O'Dowda, Ojo, Watters

Birmingham City: Ruddy, Sanderson, Roberts, Trusty, Colin, James, Placheta, Woods, Bacuna, Hogan, Deeney

Form - Last Three Competitive Games

Cardiff City 0-3 Portsmouth
Reading 2-1 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 1-0 Norwich City

Norwich City 2-2 Birmingham City
Birmingham City 2-1 Huddersfield Town
Luton Town 0-0 Birmingham City

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 6/5
Birmingham City - 11/5
Draw - 23/10

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:

Re: LATEST NEWS " CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY " MATCH THR

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:23 pm

Team News:

Isaak Davies still not fully recovered from his injury.

Adam’s out injured for 2-3 months

Vontae Campbell banned 3 match ban.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:55 am

1-1 think we will find a goal from something but will definitely concede 1 also.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:34 pm

Lets hope watters and nelson are not in the starting 11 otherwise i for one will not be happy how many chances do you give to a striker to produce and yes he has been pulled off a few times but alo g eith not scoring or getting msny touches he never smiles when he scores every bit of footage i have seen of him a face as long as a milkround
compare him to
callum Paterson smiling laughing enjoying his footie
and try running your self into the ground for the club you are playing for otherwise s.d off and nelson as soon as he is on the team sheet my heart sinks surely in the world we could find a better player.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:07 pm

While I agree about Nelson I'm not ready to give up on Watters unlike most here who seem to prefer the headless chicken like running around from Harris because at least he tries :roll: We need to give him a run of games, not use him from the bench or give him half a game before hauling him off & replacing him with the headless chicken, one up front just isn't working no matter who it is.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:45 pm

Isaak Davies fitness?

"Still a few weeks away. He's on the grass and training. He needs to build up slowly. He had a sore one on his knee and needs to be built up in the right way."

Steve Morison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TEAM NEWS: " CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY " MATCH THRE

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:43 am

What’s the latest team news?

Cardiff City have no fresh injury concerns ahead of the visit of the Blues, but will be without Vontae Daley-Campbell following his straight red card against Portsmouth on Tuesday night.

Perry Ng returns from his own suspension, while Rubin Colwill could also feature after coming off the bench in that Carabao Cup defeat.

Isaak Davies is still a few weeks away from a return to action, but is back in training, while Ebou Adams remains some way off despite making good progress in his recovery from a pectoral muscle injury.

Birmingham have welcomed back Gary Gardner and George Hall, but this game is likely to come too soon for Nico Gordon and Krystian Bielik.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:48 am

Welshman in CA wrote:While I agree about Nelson I'm not ready to give up on Watters unlike most here who seem to prefer the headless chicken like running around from Harris because at least he tries :roll: We need to give him a run of games, not use him from the bench or give him half a game before hauling him off & replacing him with the headless chicken, one up front just isn't working no matter who it is.

Two up front sounds good but who do you take out of midfield (or off the wing) to allow for this mate?

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:59 am

CMON BLUEBIRDS!
A much needed win here for confidence, if we get behind the boys like at Norwich it will give the players the hunger to win again today, CCS will become a fortress teams are scared to come to!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:02 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:While I agree about Nelson I'm not ready to give up on Watters unlike most here who seem to prefer the headless chicken like running around from Harris because at least he tries :roll: We need to give him a run of games, not use him from the bench or give him half a game before hauling him off & replacing him with the headless chicken, one up front just isn't working no matter who it is.

Two up front sounds good but who do you take out of midfield (or off the wing) to allow for this mate?

There’s rarely two up front these days as it leaves the team too exposed in central midfield.

For me, I’ve virtually given up on Watters he has no quality at all at this level. Saying that I’d be happy if he bangs in the winner today and proves me wrong over the season.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:05 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

There’s rarely two up front these days as it leaves the team too exposed in central midfield.

For me, I’ve virtually given up on Watters he has no quality at all at this level. Saying that I’d be happy if he bangs in the winner today and proves me wrong over the season.

I agree. Not confident in MW at all as you say but here’s hoping for a goal or two today.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:54 am

3-2 to the Bloobirds :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:02 am

Watford 1 Burnley 0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:13 am

1,800 Brum fans coming, no trains, live on sky and 12:30pm kick off, let’s see a 20,000 plus crowd today

Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:31 am

Two changes from our last league match - Ng & Philogene come in.

Re: MATCH THREA: " CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY " MATCH TH

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:09 am

Waters up front for us v deeney and hogan makes this game almost seem like a mismatch. I just can’t see NG holding out against these clever strikers. He isn’t a CB

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:32 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:34 am

Come on the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:35 am

Watters is found with a lovely ball by Romeo, but he is on a different wavelength and gives up possession. Watters then tugs back Placheta and gifts the opposition a free-kick.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:36 am

1,800 Brum fans

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:37 am

Close!

Lovely football from Cardiff. O'Dowda finds Sawyers with an incisive pass into the box. Sawyers finds O'Dowda again but the shot/cross ricochets to Wintle on the edge of the box. He hits it first time but it's dragged narrowly wide of Ruddy's goal.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:39 am

A ball over the top from Birmingham and Hogan barges Ng out of the way and makes a run into the box. Fortunately Kipre is there to barge him back! He wins the goal kick for Cardiff.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:39 am

Great save by Brum

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:40 am

Save! Oh what excellent football from Cardiff.

Romeo with another brilliant pass down the line to O'Dowda, who finds Sawyers near the penalty spot. He strikes it well but Ruddy makes a good save. The rebound is awkward for Watters and his volley isn't hit cleanly and it's cleared.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:41 am

Collins whips in a brilliant low cross into a dangerous area, but Watters is just a couple of yards away from it and Ruddy gathers well.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:44 am

Ng does well to head clear.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:44 am

All Cardiff :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:45 am

Good again from Cardiff down the left and Collins gets a decent cross in, but again Watters is a few yards away from anticipating it. Morison is furious on the touchline. That's a few crosses now that haven't had anyone on the end of them.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:48 am

Got to say best opening 15 mins I’ve seen in a while in fairness, just missing the goal. Everybody looking comfortable on the ball and some fantastic challenges going in too.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:48 am

Wintle with a nice square pass to Collins, who scuffs his shot wide of the upright. All Cardiff so far.