Every championship side

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Every championship side

Postby dorsetblue » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:56 pm

That played a lower league team tonight lost!!!! 12 teams by my reckoning.
dorsetblue

Every championship side

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Every championship side

Postby Bluebird1977 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:13 pm

dorsetblue wrote:That played a lower league team tonight lost!!!! 12 teams by my reckoning.

Yep nobody takes the cup seriously anymore in the champ or prem in the starting rounds tbh. You will still get the cry baby's moaning if we lost 1 nil not 3 nil makes no difference really although that does not hide the fact we need a few strikers ASAP but two league games in a shite cup defeat its as if we are going down already some of the reactions. There be shouts for a new manager if we don't beat brum you watch. That's how silly it's gone with modern football fans they want the world on a few hundred thousand spent on a team and they want it now and every week :lol:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:32 pm

dorsetblue wrote:That played a lower league team tonight lost!!!! 12 teams by my reckoning.

No Easy Games In The Championship .... Or ELF CUP - These Days ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Pencoed » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:19 am

I've thought for a while a lot of teams just want to get out of cups you play an extra 3/4 games and then get hammered by a top 4 teams 2/3 choice team.
Pencoed

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:51 am

Pencoed wrote:I've thought for a while a lot of teams just want to get out of cups you play an extra 3/4 games and then get hammered by a top 4 teams 2/3 choice team.

There is always one championship side that goes long way in this competition for that reaso? under strength premier clubs 12 championship clubs went out 8 to lower teams... nothing for fans to contemplate except league now... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:09 am

Like most of us, I'll watch city in whatever format, home and away. But for the last few seasons in the LC, I've been so disappointed with what is a clear intention of not wanting to be in it or taking it seriously to the point it becomes a waste of time going. And it's largely the same for other champ clubs too as you can see by last night's results. I can't blame a club for wanting to focus on the league but it's a shame, just the way it is I guess.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:24 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Like most of us, I'll watch city in whatever format, home and away. But for the last few seasons in the LC, I've been so disappointed with what is a clear intention of not wanting to be in it or taking it seriously to the point it becomes a waste of time going. And it's largely the same for other champ clubs too as you can see by last night's results. I can't blame a club for wanting to focus on the league but it's a shame, just the way it is I guess.

Considering we are a completely new team one would have thought this was great opportunity to play 1st team more or less to get game time together? It's only 4 or 5 extra games depending on how far we go.... dont get this play 11 reserves then bring on 4 or 5 first team players later in game what for? Last night just a lost opportunity to get more game time together. ;)
pembroke allan

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Like most of us, I'll watch city in whatever format, home and away. But for the last few seasons in the LC, I've been so disappointed with what is a clear intention of not wanting to be in it or taking it seriously to the point it becomes a waste of time going. And it's largely the same for other champ clubs too as you can see by last night's results. I can't blame a club for wanting to focus on the league but it's a shame, just the way it is I guess.

Considering we are a completely new team one would have thought this was great opportunity to play 1st team more or less to get game time together? It's only 4 or 5 extra games depending on how far we go.... dont get this play 11 reserves then bring on 4 or 5 first team players later in game what for? Last night just a lost opportunity to get more game time together. ;)

Couldn’t agree more.

Play one or two like Colwill and Philogene but put out a strong side and go for the win!

I bet your glad you didn’t make the journey!?!? :lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:32 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Couldn’t agree more.

Play one or two like Colwill and Philogene but put out a strong side and go for the win!

I bet your glad you didn’t make the journey!?!? :lol:

Very glad didn't go even when dont pay for ticket? How can he say wants cup run and then play reserve team that is untested at any level .... ... the thing is all premier league clubs play lots reserve/u23 players in this cup and every season or almost a championship or lower league team makes it to 1/4 or 1/2 final ? A bit of courage and play mostly 1st team players maybe we could be like malkie side and go all way... its always great for supporters a cup run gives a lift all round.
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:33 pm

Tonight ... WBA 1 : 0 Sheff Utd .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat