IN PRAISE OF MORISON ! BUT IS HE GOOD ENOUGH ? :

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:30 pm

Two games into the season and ‘nothing has changed’ . We can only assess our season and judge Morison after 10-12 games (I am going for 12) .

So please stop blowing hot and cold after every game until then. . No one can fault Morison for effort , commitment , application , leadership and clarity of thought and purpose.

He has almost completely revamped our team , while under severe financial restrictions and he also has to completely change our style of playing.

Morison is a rookie manager who stumbled into this , prestigious , job due to the financial situation that our club is in , at this point in time . Morison has done his best under these circumstances , but that is not the issue.

Morison’s issue is : “IS HE GOOD ENOUGH “ ???!!

He has given it his all in an admirable fashion …… but …. unless we finish in the top 10 then ‘his Herculean best’ is not good enough.

There is a general consensus that when a quarter of the season is gone (10-12 games) ….. we will judge him and our season .

I say see you after Burnley on October 1st !!! Let us ‘try’ to take it one game at a time ….. and pass judgement on Morison at that time . “Everyone wishes you all the best Steve” !
Attachments
15C3393B-B273-4C1E-94E0-7DBA5FDD6E77.jpeg
15C3393B-B273-4C1E-94E0-7DBA5FDD6E77.jpeg (87.57 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: IN PRAISE OF MORISON ! BUT IS HE GOOD ENOUGH ? :

Postby New Day Rising » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:53 pm

Of course he is good enough in fact he's done a crazy turnaround job its not his fault were light upfront its the owners and the cash we need another centre back and centre forward .
New Day Rising

Postby Don Keydick » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:28 pm

Understand what you say Annis, but you have to admit yesterday's result was very dissappointing. Reading are a lot of peoples favourites for the drop and were hit by a few injuries, we had a good squad to choose from and optimism was high after beating Norwich. A lot of people will say that we have a new manager, new team, but same old city, up one week, down the next. I think we all know SM did a good job with all the recruits but we are desperate for a decent striker.
Don Keydick

Postby boyo1927 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:46 pm

he is good enough...stick with him
boyo1927

Postby theclaw » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:47 pm

Yes he’s good enough and time will tell.
theclaw

Postby Grandstand » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:07 pm

Afraid I have my doubts. Losing very badly to the Jacks last year. Play well against Norwich, first game team up for it. Reading away , except for the first 15mins no intensity, no midfielders demanding the ball to take Reading on. Colwill seems the one who does that, but not liked by Morrison. A top Manager would have seen the trap after Norwich that the players would ease off and made sure the intensity was right.
Grandstand

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:45 pm

Can’t fault him in the transfer market..very impressive so far

Great start against Norwich but I was really disappointed with the intensity of the team yesterday

I’d give him 7/10 so far..promising in parts but a lot to prove yet
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:46 pm

As you’ve said the uproar after a lose is ridiculous.

99% of our fans wants a young manager who we know would need time and wanted a complete different style of football
Which he is trying to bring to the club.

This needs time and doesn’t happen over time.

I’d rather someone like Morison over someone like McCarthy any day of the week.
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby Floppsy » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:01 pm

2 games in with a team basically put together in a few weeks.
Not only does the manager need time to get his message and methods across, the players need to learn and fit it all together.
If we'd lost 2 games 3 or 4 nil I'd be concerned.
We're doing just fine.
Floppsy

Postby Grandstand » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:58 pm

Let’s remember that Warnock was in the same position when we got promoted with lots of new players. I will give him time, but he is in a better position instead of having a lot of players on big contracts he does not rate. Let’s expect more!
Grandstand

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:38 pm

Missed Opportunity - Saturday :(
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat