' Paul Ince / Steve Morison '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:39 am

What have the managers said?

Paul Ince:

"Cardiff have spent a lot, we looked at Kipre from West Brom and we thought we were close to getting him. When you’re trying to do deals with clubs, they’ve got you over a barrel. I spent a lot of time with him and his agent but financially we couldn’t compete, then you see him swanning off to Cardiff and it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth as you do all the work, the player wants to come but we’re governed by what West Brom ask the clubs to pay.

"They’ve had a go and brought in a lot of players, sometimes it can work one of two ways and have a different effect, but they’ve brought a lot of quality. Every game will be tough but there isn’t a lot between them. The first week is always a strange week so it’ll take six or seven weeks to work out what’s what.

"We watched their game last weekend against Norwich. It was pretty scrappy if I'm being honest but any team that beats one which has just come down from the Premier League - Norwich haven't lost a lot of players - is a very good result so we know it'll be a tough game.

Steve Morison:

"They put in a good performance at Blackpool and were unfortunate to lose. I can’t focus on their circumstances, I’ve got enough to deal with and work on.

"It’s another game this weekend, the next game. I’m getting annoyed at us being an unknown quantity. All I’ve done is put a bunch of players together with loads of Championship experience and asked them to do a certain job.

"You are only as good as the last game and your last performance. It was clear for all to see. But you’re ready to be shot down as soon as you have a bad result. That’s just life. The lads get on great.

"It speaks volumes when the players say the same things I’m saying. I’ve not teed them up to answer the questions. Training is really good and the atmosphere here last Saturday was really good too.

"It’s a different mental test, too, because Norwich are the favourites and then us, along with others, have the tag of struggling at the bottom."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Paul Ince / Steve Morison '