A forum for all things Cardiff City

Great News For One Welsh Club in English League

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:55 am

Others could follow like Cardiff, Swansea , Newport etc if they make a request:

Phil Parkinson: Fifa ruling 'great news' for Wrexham, says manager

By Aled Williams

BBC Sport Wales

4 August 2022

Manager Phil Parkinson has welcomed the news that Wrexham will be able to sign players outside the transfer window.

Wrexham, as a Welsh club, have been bound by the transfer window unlike their fellow sides in the National League

But world football's governing body Fifa has now given the club dispensation to be able to sign players throughout this season.

"It feels like a new signing," Parkinson said.

"It's as good as signing a big player because to be operating under different rules to the rest of the division is unheard of at any level of sport.

"Having that rectified is great news for the club and makes us even stronger."

Wrexham had made a request to Fifa to "consider the competitive disadvantage suffered by the club" who were unable to bring in players even on loan outside the window.

Fifa have granted dispensation for the 2022-23 season to ensure equal treatment with the other clubs competing in the National League and protect the integrity of the competition.

The dispensation will allow time for a permanent solution to be identified with the National League.

The Dragons, who host Eastleigh in their opening game of the season on Saturday, will now be able to register players up until 4 March, 2023.

"You never know what's around the corner," Parkinson added.

"You look at last season, key players got injured and it proved costly for us so this year we'll be able to bring loans in.

"It's a nice safeguard for us to have."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Great News For One Welsh Club in English League

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Great News For One Welsh Club in English League

Postby SwanseaBluebird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:38 am

Not sure this would impact on the 3 football league clubs.

The ruling is allowing Wrexham to compete on the same basis as the other clubs in their league.

We already compete on the same basis and rules re transfers with other league clubs.
SwanseaBluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:55 pm

Big Season for Wrexham - Coming Up .
TopCat CCFC

Postby NIBluebird » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:17 am

I know Wrexham fans hate us with a passion but I really want them to do well this season and get promoted
NIBluebird

Return to General Chat