A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIRD KIT?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:33 am

ARE WE STILL GETTING A THIRD SHIRT? IT’S GONE A BIT QUIET

ROMA’S NEW BALANCE THIRD SHIRT LOOKS GOOD:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/08/ ... 5.html?m=1

Re: THIRD KIT?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:39 am

The general pattern for the past few years is the third kit is the previous year’s away kit

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:45 am

Can't use last year's, it's Adidas pal. Both kits are quite dark so be surprised if no 3rd

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 am

We will need one for WBA away in a few weeks time. Pretty sure both our home and away will clash with their kit.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:12 am

ccfcblue1980 wrote:Can't use last year's, it's Adidas pal. Both kits are quite dark so be surprised if no 3rd

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that. I agree though we will probably end up with a lighter colour this time. We’ve had fluorescent green, pink and orange in recent years

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 am

BluebirdForever wrote:
ccfcblue1980 wrote:Can't use last year's, it's Adidas pal. Both kits are quite dark so be surprised if no 3rd

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that. I agree though we will probably end up with a lighter colour this time. We’ve had fluorescent green, pink and orange in recent years

I'd like to see yellow with blue trim. Could even call it a Ukraine kit and raise money for humanitarian charities with it.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:23 am

Well I was talking to a lady in the club shop a couple days back about the kit sales and how some yellow would have been a nice finish on the home shirt. (she seemed like the shop manager) and she did say the third kit during one sentence. So sounds like we may have one.

Me and my mate did actually say to each other "did you clock that she said third kit" after we left.

She also said how yellow is seen as an unlucky colour in Malaysia too.
So I guess that could be a reason why we haven't had any yellow kits in the Tan era.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:24 am

Would have thought we’d have played in it tomorrow against readings blue and white. All the match graphics appear to show us playing in the grey. Nice kit but would rather we play the majority of games where we have to change in a 3rd kit. Starting to worry that the grey will just blend in to the crowd. Wasn’t tested against Swindon as there was no crowd there.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:56 pm

I think the rules are that every club must have 3 kits, with each element being interchangeable to avoid clashes.
It implies to me that our third kit will be a lighter colour and we'll see us wearing its shorts and socks alot more than before.