Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STEVE MORISON CONFIRMS:

Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:37 pm

Cardiff City are 'close' to the signing of Tottenham striker Kion Etete who is 21 years old in a few months,manager Steve Morison has confirmed.

Cardiff City Forum revealed on Tuesday that Cardiff were interested in the 20-year-old Spurs striker, with the player having been booked in for a medical with the club on Wednesday.

The 6ft 4in forward is expected to cost City £500,000 plus add-ons and will be the first time the Bluebirds have paid a decent-sized transfer fee for a player since Max Watters joined from Crawley Town in January 2021 for £200,000. He would become Cardiff's 14th signing of the summer, but Etete is one for the future.

STEVE MORISON:

"He is close to coming. It's never done until that bit of paper is signed," Morison said of Etete.

"He is an investment for the football club. He has all the attributes to be a top striker. He is young, hungry. He is a player we see as a club that is ready now and can get better and better. We’d like to see how far we can take him."

Etete is thought to have great potential, although it has been stressed he is by no means the finished article as of yet. The forward impressed during two loan spells last season, scoring six goals and providing two assists for Northampton Town at the beginning of last season before switching to League One Cheltenham Town, for whom he scored three and set up a further three.

"People will just go, 'Oh, he is 6 ft 4in', that's not what he's been brought in for. He's being brought in because he is strong, he's quick, he's athletic," Morison said of the Tottenham man.

"He will bring other players into the game. He will run the channels. He will run all day long, he will harry and close down. I'd like to think that with playing regular football at Championship level, training with those types of players every day, he will get better and better.”

"Being nearly 21 and having a good upbringing at Notts County. I saw him at Northampton and one of the big things he needs to do is be consistent. We will ask him to be consistent with his hold-up play, the timing of his runs and his work play.”

"We have got a top player on our hands. Just because I've signed someone who is big doesn't mean anything. Rubin [Colwill] is 6ft 4in and he can't head for toffee!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STEVE MORISON CONFIRMS:

Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:01 pm

He'll probably play against Portsmouth

Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:04 pm

We seem to be building up a total squad for championship and for the future

Great to see this

I think he's taken the pressure off him saying he's for the future so he hasn't got everyone on his back from day 1

Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:10 pm

Hes signed! :occasion5:

Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Hes signed! :occasion5:

Yes !!

Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:09 pm

Good Luck to the Lad :bluescarf: