Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Romaine Sawyers:

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:50 am

Romaine Sawyers:

“It’s good to finally get it over the line. I spoke to the gaffer, he explained the product that he’s got, and I feel like I want to be a part of it.”

"I spoke to the gaffer, he explained the product that he’s got, and I feel like I want to be a part of it. The staff have been very welcoming, the players have been very welcoming," he said.

"It's good to be back within a team, I've been in limbo the last couple of weeks. I had a few decisions to make and a lot of options to pick from, but it's good to be out on the grass."

The 30-year-old is a 30-cap St Kitts and Nevis international and will become the first to play a senior game for the club when the season begins. Theo Wharton, however, a former Cardiff youth player, is also a St Kitts and Nevis international and knows Sawyers well from their days together on international duty.

Sawyers revealed that the Cwmbran-born midfielder, who now plays for Barry Town United in the Cymru Premier, wouldn't stop bleating on about the Bluebirds while they were together on international duty.

"I didn't speak to him before I came here, because I didn't want it to get out," Sawyers said of Wharton. "But obviously I will speak to him, no doubt, he was here as a youth-team player.

"He has already told me a lot about the club without even knowing I was coming here. Years ago, he didn't stop talking about Cardiff!"

Sawyers has obviously missed much of pre-season. On Tuesday he undertook some separate fitness work with Joe Ralls and Gavin Whyte, both of whom have also missed parts of pre-season, as the players ramp up for this Saturday's opening friendly against Cambridge United.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.