So what would be a decent season for you.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So what would be a decent season for you.

Postby davids » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:12 pm

Looking at the squad as it is today I would say mid table would be a decent season.

Add a couple of goalscorers and we could be nudging the play offs.

Just hope we don't flirt with relegation again like last season.
davids

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby bluebirdrob » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:25 pm

This season i hope to see better football than previous years.(wont be to hard)
A top half finish will be improvement on last year.

A few derby wins to start with will be good.

I always said we needed a clear out, start from scratch with more pace in team,we are now able to do this .

The danger is if we don`t start good fans will turn on manager he gets sacked by October then we have to start all over again.

The fans need to back manager over 2 years then see how far we progress as it will take time to change playing style and the squad.

Looking forward to this season first time in years,hopefully the young players improve on last year get better with more experience. :bluebird:
bluebirdrob

Postby Abergavenny » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:45 pm

With the limited knowledge i have on the new signings if we get mid table i would be happy as we are at the beginning of transitioning our playing style
Abergavenny

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:59 pm

At the moment mid table but we still need to wait & see what other players we get before the transfer window closes.
Welshman in CA

Postby mjw6150 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:49 pm

depends on definition of decent. The minimum I expect is to be not involved at all in a relegation battle. Safe mid table is more acceptable if the style if play is clearly evolving in a positive manner and the likes of Davies, Colwill, McGuinness continue to improve.

Top half would be a decent season in the sense of being quite chuffed with the result. Play-offs would be an unreal season and top two would be in the same league as signing Bale!
mjw6150

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:45 pm

Staying up will be a good season for me with whats gone on and going on at the club. I can't see anything else but bottom half at best currently on paper :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:49 pm

Go up as Champions and then top 4 finish in Premier League, qualify for Champions league get to semi final and lose in penalties to Barcalona......"Oi, buy your own flecking glue".

Happy to avoid a basement battle for me this time.
1980s Bluebird

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:32 pm

Top 10 with a chance at playoffs

i think this will be like Malkys first season

We will be difficult to beat with loads of 1-0's either way and 0-0's

The midfield is championship all the way whereas we were 50/50 with players who ended up in L1

Drameh was our season, but i really like what we have and the backups

Tanner could be anything or nothing.

Colwell will have time to hang around up front like a DJ era Whitts with the energy and strength in the midfield and defense, so this is his time and i am a believer
llan bluebird

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:10 pm

Difficult to call this as we don't know enough about wat we have at the moment.
After 10 matches it should be more transparent to where we are likely to finish.
A total guess would be 13th
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby BluebirdBoyall » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:12 pm

With the complete rebuild I expect a slowish start to the season where we get quite a few draws as we play a bit more compact with build a solid to the team conceding only a few goals, between 12th and 18th for first quarter of season.
Then hopefully we get everyone adjusted to new play style and the players gel together so we get more creative and begin to turn those draws into wins creeping up the table to a solid mid table in the second and third quarter.
Then hopefully in the final quarter the team is both solid and creative and we can begin to really challenge for the top 6, even if it’s just a challenge for top 6 would be out of this world really though and we should all take our hats off to morison!
That in my eyes is what I hope. I consider about 12th to be a good season though and I think morison would have done a fantastic job to achieve that to be honest and we build on it again for the year after
BluebirdBoyall

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:49 pm

Tan selling the club :bluescarf:
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:16 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
cantonbluebird1959 wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:Mid table with a derby win would suit me

That would be a success for me on a season of transition.

Another season of transition, I don’t buy in to that anymore, heard that every season.
Many clubs brought in 6-10 new players.
Morison has said he is over the moon with his signings, they have jelled and he has never been so excited about his players.
Top 2 should be looking at if they are all as good as Morison and Williams in Media Wales say they are.

You’re right in the fact that it always seems to be a transition season every year!

Top 2? No chance and you shouldn’t believe everything the manager or the media say. Morison is bound to be positive and big up his team. What else can he say that he’s hoping to be safe from relegation?

But there’s no getting away from the fact that this is an actual and real transition season. With virtually a whole new team and a newer type of style/tactics it can be nothing else.

For me a successful season would be an improvement on last season and whilst of course I’d love the playoffs I think top half and then continue to build.

Paul,

Every season we hear we are sorting finances out and in a transition period, last season they through 12 players in to the first team making out the best young player we have ever seen, I was slated when I said NO way are their 12 brilliant players. Now most of them have been sent to lower leagues , even non leagues or given away, those same people never admit they were totally wrong. We nearly got relegated.

This season, Paul do you really think I believe these players are the most exciting players Morison has ever seen etc etc NO.
I do not believe the hype one bit.
But I will fully support them all and judge after 10-12 games, by then we will really see for ourselves, until then I fully am behind them all.

Yes I agree it’s been comical in some respects but I really feel this is different. Morison will live or die with this as it’s his team 100% whilst in the past the managers have mostly had the players they’ve been stuck with and a few young inexperienced lads being pushed forward.

The unknown makes it exciting for me but the key for supporters will be patience.

We get our arses smacked against Norwich and you can imagine the negativity whilst for me we have to give it at least a dozen games (like you say) to bed in, adjust and for us to judge.

You got to expect a loss against Norwich given got same side more or less.... draw satisfactory result.... its after the proverbial 10 games that will give an indication of what season will hold? It's not about how many wins get it's how we are playing and how we look as a team...... do reasonably well and theres hope for rest season.
pembroke allan

Postby MikeP » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:17 pm

Top 10 and a nice cup run for a change to kerp fans interested. FULL credit to SM really trying to make a go at things looking forward to the new season
MikeP

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:03 am

I’m going to stick my neck on the line here and say we will finish the season as runners up :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Bluebird1977 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:08 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:I’m going to stick my neck on the line here and say we will finish the season as runners up :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :thumbup:

You been smoking wacky bacci :shock:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby kav_8 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:03 pm

A decent season is top half or better.
Colwill/McGuiness/Denham get 40 championship games each and become genuine assets to the club.
One or two of our signings stand out as great business.

I’m not asking for much :)
kav_8

Postby Caerdydd12 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Mid table
Caerdydd12

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:46 am

Still pissed off that all London games and midlands games apart from Millwall are on weeknights, EFL messing with weekends mun and no Wurzels on a sunday aswell :banghead:
1980s Bluebird

Postby NIBluebird » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:49 pm

theDelaney88 wrote:On paper we look awful at the moment. I think anything above relegation will be a success.

Hopefully some decent loanees come in over the next few weeks.

Really ????
NIBluebird

Postby NIBluebird » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:50 pm

Top half of table

Get a striker / centre back and we could surprise a few people
NIBluebird

Previous

Return to General Chat