Sajid Javid and Rishi Sunak resign from government

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: here is my take on what will happen next

Postby Jock » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:21 am

pipster wrote:Here is my take on will ironically happen next. Boris will be forced out by the 1922 committee when they change the rules. shortly after Sir Keir Starma will be fined over the beer party - and he will have to resign - as he said he would.

The conservatives will elect a leader within 10 days - my money is on Penny Mordant. In the mean time Labour will take over 6 months to choose a new leader. They have a very long winded and drawn out process , that goes to members, then the conference, then the PLP and then all the Labour members - I think. By the time it ends most of the candidates have bored the public to death and back.

If Labour go for the "ginger growler" (her words) they wont get anywhere - especially after her scum chants and the fact she made up those allegations.

My take on it - we may have 2 female leaders within a few months. Penny Mordant is here

In Scotland a growler refers to an unkempt, hirsute part of a lady’s sexual anatomy. Just sayin.
Jock

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sajid Javid and Rishi Sunak resign from government

Postby JimmyJazz » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:39 am

stickywicket wrote:Javid and Sunak have signed for Glamorgan for next season.

:occasion5: :lol:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby pipster » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:48 am

I know someone that studied with Starma. A very intelligent man - but said that's where it ends. Has no personality, couldnt lead himself out of an empty room and just very very dull. The dull bit I can sort of cope with but it's the leadership thing that is needed to get a whole country to follow you - and he doesnt have it. There are very few on the Labour side that would be any good. Mainly because they have one way of communicating and that is by shouting and banging the table at anyone who disagrees with them.
The art of politics is never to lose your temper and always treat the opposition with politeness. Rees Mogg is a classic example - and it winds the Labour front bench up a treat. Until Labour get another slightly left of centre leader that can communicate - their only hope is a screwed up Tory party (which they appear to be doing )
pipster

Postby pipster » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:52 am

In Scotland a growler refers to an unkempt, hirsute part of a lady’s sexual anatomy. Just sayin.

I know that - as does Angela Rayner, when the parliamentary standard committee investigated her comments that Rayner said people were looking up her skirt and that she does her Sharon Stone move on Johnson. She was quoted by others as saying - she likes to let loose her ginger growler. If she does become Labour Leader (firstly well done her) but secondly it will be disaster after disaster - and funny.
pipster

Postby pipster » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:57 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Massive delays in getting passports, drivers licenses, benefits, immigration appeals, justice system etc., this governments answer to all of that - get rid of 90,000 civil servants :roll: :banghead:

Now I do understand that civil servants aren't the most popular area of our economy despite them n being on a pay freeze from 2012 until 2018 and then only limited to a 1.5 - 2.0% pay rise in recent years. There probably is room to reduce numbers once they are provided with updated IT in may departments but to reduce on the back of huge backlogs caused by the pandemic it bordering on ineptitude :x and will cause even greater delays for those of us trying to get things like a passport renewed (yes I am one of them :roll: :lol: :twisted: ).

You wouldn't run a private business that way. You would invest in IT, equipment, estate, etc., get your business lean and then look to realise staffing benefits (i.e. reduce numbers).

The 90k are staff that were taken on doing the pandemic tho ,maily covud testing etc ,its going back to pre pandemic numbers tho ?

The Civil Service invest in I.T systems just like all its other Governmental departments. These new upgrades are quite a challenge to install due to the size of the service it has to provide. From my experience working within these department the problem are generated by the 3rd party suppliers. The private businesses of it all. For me these departments should kick the private businesses into touch and bring it all in house.

Wrong sorry - if a private business signs a contract to deliver a system (as defined within that contract) they are legally obliged to do so. If they dont - the money can be witheld and if the system doesnt work as required they can vbe taken to court.

If it is done internally by the civil service IT devs - then will the Govt take themselves to court when civil servants dont deliver ? - that is why all these things go outy to tender. There are plenty of companies that have come unstuck - Accenture and Fujitsi to name 2.
It also doesnt help when you have a Govt dept that speficies it;s requirements and then changes them every month or so.
pipster

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:49 am

pipster wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Massive delays in getting passports, drivers licenses, benefits, immigration appeals, justice system etc., this governments answer to all of that - get rid of 90,000 civil servants :roll: :banghead:

Now I do understand that civil servants aren't the most popular area of our economy despite them n being on a pay freeze from 2012 until 2018 and then only limited to a 1.5 - 2.0% pay rise in recent years. There probably is room to reduce numbers once they are provided with updated IT in may departments but to reduce on the back of huge backlogs caused by the pandemic it bordering on ineptitude :x and will cause even greater delays for those of us trying to get things like a passport renewed (yes I am one of them :roll: :lol: :twisted: ).

You wouldn't run a private business that way. You would invest in IT, equipment, estate, etc., get your business lean and then look to realise staffing benefits (i.e. reduce numbers).

The 90k are staff that were taken on doing the pandemic tho ,maily covud testing etc ,its going back to pre pandemic numbers tho ?

The Civil Service invest in I.T systems just like all its other Governmental departments. These new upgrades are quite a challenge to install due to the size of the service it has to provide. From my experience working within these department the problem are generated by the 3rd party suppliers. The private businesses of it all. For me these departments should kick the private businesses into touch and bring it all in house.

Wrong sorry - if a private business signs a contract to deliver a system (as defined within that contract) they are legally obliged to do so. If they dont - the money can be witheld and if the system doesnt work as required they can vbe taken to court.

If it is done internally by the civil service IT devs - then will the Govt take themselves to court when civil servants dont deliver ? - that is why all these things go outy to tender. There are plenty of companies that have come unstuck - Accenture and Fujitsi to name 2.
It also doesnt help when you have a Govt dept that speficies it;s requirements and then changes them every month or so.

I'm not sure that final point is accurate.

Most of the big IT developments now in Whitehall departments with private companies tend to adopt an "Agile" development approach.They agree a price to provide a minimum viable product (MVP) and then develop it in iterations, learning as they go along.

The days of departments developing their own large systems are virtually gone. Many don't even have IT Development teams such has been the extent of cuts and this governments drive toward using more private development companies (much more expensive for the tax payer though).

Government departments are now much better at setting out their specifications and working with contractors than they were but when the Treasury won't fund these improvements there tend to be some significant problems for the poor staff left having to contend with antiquated systems that have had their upgrades halted halfway through the process !!
piledriver64

Postby pipster » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:37 am

The public sector are getting better at doing Agile (even if they are way behind everyone else). The PS are also very good at continually changing their mind on requirements - I know agile allows for that. MoD and NHS are usually the worst in my experience having workd on a couple of projects. MoD stuff tends to get designed - rolled out later - using old tech (windows 7 in one of my cases) and then forgotten about - until it gets compromised or breaks, by which time anyone who knew anything about it has gone somewhere else
pipster

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:06 pm

pipster wrote:The public sector are getting better at doing Agile (even if they are way behind everyone else). The PS are also very good at continually changing their mind on requirements - I know agile allows for that. MoD and NHS are usually the worst in my experience having workd on a couple of projects. MoD stuff tends to get designed - rolled out later - using old tech (windows 7 in one of my cases) and then forgotten about - until it gets compromised or breaks, by which time anyone who knew anything about it has gone somewhere else

MoD and NHS are notorious for it (NHS in particular, wherever you are in the UK) but I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at the progress a lot of the other organisations have made.

Today's civil servant is very different to those of 20+ years ago, the change started under Blair's government and there are some very skilled people in these organisations that get a bad press because it's easy to knock them.
piledriver64

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:44 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sludge wrote:The tories are scum

So are communist bastards :lol:

Lol Very true Wez
ElyBoy1984

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:56 pm

Boris Johnson: Welsh Secretary Simon Hart quits cabinet -

Welsh Secretary Simon Hart has become the latest cabinet member to resign from Boris Johnson's government.

He was among a number of senior ministers who earlier urged Mr Johnson to step down.

Mr Hart had made it clear to No 10 on Tuesday that it was "game over", adding that Mr Johnson's departure should not require ministerial resignations.

Earlier, the prime minister said he intended to "keep going" in office.

Levelling Up Secretary and former leadership rival to Mr Johnson, Michael Gove, also called on the prime minister to quit.

He has since been sacked by the prime minister.

Conservative Senedd leader, Andrew RT Davies, said: "I think we're in the end game now."

He added that it was "a matter of time because clearly that parliamentary majority has disappeared" and called on the prime minister to "reflect on his position and allow someone else to take on that mantle to deliver the Conservative manifesto".
TopCat CCFC

Postby ion » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:25 am

The BBC have been at Boris since day one how anyone can say that they have not is baffling,he hasn't done himself any favours I agree but they are not impartial it sticks out a mile ,BBC (Boris bashing corporation)
ion

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:15 pm

Boris Johnson pledges no big policy changes before departure -

Boris Johnson has promised his cabinet he will not use his remaining time as prime minister to make "major changes of direction".

The PM has caved in to pressure from ministers to quit as Tory leader but wants to stay in No 10 until the party chooses who should replace him.

His collapse in support has prompted some Tories to urge him to go now.

But a newly-promoted cabinet minister says Mr Johnson has agreed to carry on as a "caretaker" prime minister.

An official timetable for a Tory leadership race is expected to be confirmed next week, with potential contenders already jockeying for position.

There is no set duration for such a contest, but a new leader, who will also become the prime minister, is expected by September.
TopCat CCFC

Previous

Return to General Chat