Agree or Disagree? Steve Morison

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Always City » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:56 pm

Steve Morison, 21st best manager in the Championship?

Listening to the Second Tier podcast where they’re rating all of the current Championship managers.

Only Paul Ince, Lee Bowyer and Arvaladze at Hull are rated below our manager -

Reasons for him being so low, were his inexperience (they admitted there’s little to go on when ranking him), there’s little evidence of the change of playing style that was mooted when he was appointed, that the signings so far do not suggest a change of style and they both agreed that Morison has benefited from not being as dire as Mick McCarthy was -

I’d agree with them about the slight change of style and from what I’ve read about the likes of Adams and Rinomhota hardly suggests more of an emphasis on ball retention.

Agree/disagree?
Always City

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Agree or Disagree? Steve Morison

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Just my opinion of course but yes we play differently but did he do any better than MM?
1980s Bluebird

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:20 pm

I’m sorry,,,, but I can’t forget, or forgive the debacle against that scumbag shithole club last April….. not to mention SM’s pathetic excuse’s afterwards. If that’s any measure of his mindset and attitude, then God help us.
RICK+CCFC

Postby eddiep » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:29 pm

Have to concur with Rick above. Although SMs hands are tied due
To free transfers and wages.
A young Russell Slade or
A potential diamond?!?!?

I scan news regularly to see if
We depart from Tan.
Can't help blaming his yo yo leadership
Is the catalyst here.....
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby BluebirdBoyall » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:06 pm

I disagree because I believe he will be better than 21st but can see where they are coming from obviously with lack of experience and poor run towards end of last year, but we know they weee trying different stuff at the end of the season.
BluebirdBoyall

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:08 am

Early days it seems fair enough really, the only thing they won't know is how bad we really were before he took over, and how well Morrison did in the transfer window, although even with those players we were still terrible for the last twelve games or so, the jury is still out really.
Bluebina

Postby Caerdydd12 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:34 am

All BS imo, its the guys first senior job for crying out loud.
Lets see where we are at the end of the season, then theres a lot more of a foundation to judge.

The guys got no doh to spend and blending a squad which are mostly new to this level, do you reckon klopp or pep could get us to the play offs at least with this kind of squad? Mid table will be a good finish for us and a step in the right direction.

The real pressure managerial wise is on Kompany.
Caerdydd12

Postby cendl blue » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:04 am

Let's hope he's a lot higher in their rankings next year, then we know he's done a good job.
Building his own team in his style rather than what he inherited. Really hope it can't be worse than last season but I have confidence in him at present
cendl blue

Postby pipster » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:26 am

To state the blindingly obvious - I think we'll either do really well or will be down there in the bottom 5.
I cant see us being mediocre this season. For SM it's sh1t or bust. He's got on with his business the best he can with the very limited resources he has.

Anyone remember when Warnock first took over, I think we were in the bottom 3 - a year later with a few decent but not overly expensive we went up.

So it'll be interesting to see how as a team we get on and how well they buy into SM's tactics / attitude etc
pipster

Return to General Chat