So unlucky Wales Rugby

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So unlucky Wales Rugby

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:45 pm

I know this is a football forum ( and i cant stand the plastic egg chaser supporters who never go to a club game but flock to the city centre on international day,) but lets give the Wales team credit. Losing 29-24 to the World Champions and down to 12 - yes 12 men- they somehow drew level with an unconverted try only to lose to the last kick of the game. So unlucky.
JJ1927

So unlucky Wales Rugby

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: So unlucky Wales Rugby

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:05 pm

They fcked it up as usual.... how many time s have they led in overtime and lost ? Bigger misses a conversion that wasnt difficult then he goes and deliberately knocks on when no danger so giving Springboks easy penalty!
Very poor all round ......last 10mins 3 in sin bin that's appalling for professional players.
pembroke allan

Postby Don Keydick » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:09 pm

JJ1927 wrote:I know this is a football forum ( and i cant stand the plastic egg chaser supporters who never go to a club game but flock to the city centre on international day,) but lets give the Wales team credit. Losing 29-24 to the World Champions and down to 12 - yes 12 men- they somehow drew level with an unconverted try only to lose to the last kick of the game. So unlucky.

Actually it was 32-29, but we would have got a draw if Hardy hadn't kicked possession away with 30 seconds left, why didn't he keep it and go through a couple of phases? A 29-29 draw would have been a fantastic result with 13 men.
Don Keydick

Postby theclaw » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:13 pm

Can someone explain to me why when the hooter goes for full time time they play on until the ball goes dead.Can’t get my head around that one. :banghead:
theclaw

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:18 pm

theclaw wrote:Can someone explain to me why when the hooter goes for full time time they play on until the ball goes dead.Can’t get my head around that one. :banghead:

Because rugby is a timed game come 80mins can play on until ball is dead in rugby thats into touch or a penalty to winning side .. but someone in Wales set up obviously dont understand the rule either... there's talk of it coming Into football as lot time wasted with ball out play
pembroke allan

Postby theclaw » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:22 pm

Yes I know that but if the ball does go dead they could play for another 10 mins or more.Seems crazy to me.
theclaw

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:31 pm

Biggar has such poor decision making at times.
Wayne S

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:47 pm

Don Keydick wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:I know this is a football forum ( and i cant stand the plastic egg chaser supporters who never go to a club game but flock to the city centre on international day,) but lets give the Wales team credit. Losing 29-24 to the World Champions and down to 12 - yes 12 men- they somehow drew level with an unconverted try only to lose to the last kick of the game. So unlucky.

Actually it was 32-29, but we would have got a draw if Hardy hadn't kicked possession away with 30 seconds left, why didn't he keep it and go through a couple of phases? A 29-29 draw would have been a fantastic result with 13 men.

it was 29-24 when we drew level.
JJ1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:54 pm

theclaw wrote:Yes I know that but if the ball does go dead they could play for another 10 mins or more.Seems crazy to me.

Think theres been 12 mins or near it after hooter
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:59 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

Yes was 29-29 30 seconds left we kick ball to them allowing them to attack us.... then bigger decides good idea to knock ball on in easy kicking range... poor decision making by two players in last seconds of game ... bet your bottom dollar bocks or anyone else wouldnt have done what Wales players did to throw away a draw.
pembroke allan

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:01 pm

Same old story :banghead:
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby RV Casual » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:They fcked it up as usual.... how many time s have they led in overtime and lost ? Bigger misses a conversion that wasnt difficult then he goes and deliberately knocks on when no danger so giving Springboks easy penalty!
Very poor all round ......last 10mins 3 in sin bin that's appalling for professional players.

Are you on commision to post constant shit on here or are you just lonely?

Anyone with an ounce of knowledge about Rugby will tell you that Wales put in a hell of a performance today and can hold their heads high in the face of a lot of dodgy decisions which against the odds brought them 29-29 against the world champions at one point with 12 men.

Please dont reply as theres no need, the whole board can see for themselves the shit you talk.
RV Casual

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

Yes was 29-29 30 seconds left we kick ball to them allowing them to attack us.... then bigger decides good idea to knock ball on in easy kicking range... poor decision making by two players in last seconds of game ... bet your bottom dollar bocks or anyone else wouldnt have done what Wales players did to throw away a draw.

Lost count the number of times we have licked the ball away against the big sides in the Southern Hemisphere in last seconds only to lose the game. Twice at least against Australia, once before against South Africa. And its probably more.Cant remember it ever it being the other other way round!!
JJ1927

Postby RV Casual » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:50 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

Lost count the number of times we have licked the ball away against the big sides in the Southern Hemisphere in last seconds only to lose the game. Twice at least against Australia, once before against South Africa. And its probably more.Cant remember it ever it being the other other way round!!

Beat them four times in a row between 2016 and 2018

They have a population of 59 million, are world champions and just defeated the lions ffs

The fact we even came close is a mirracle, any chance of people stopping talking shit on here please?
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:08 pm

RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

They have a population of 59 million, are world champions and just defeated the lions ffs

The fact we even came close is a mirracle, any chance of people stopping talking shit on here please?

Rv its about the fact that Wales game management is absolutely crap today joins a long list of games we've lost in overtime or with moments left..
Yes did great to get close but we would have won if not for ill discipline 3 sin bins when leading so played most of last ten mins with 13 men... and two individual errors with 30second left cost us a draw these are facts
Nothing more. ....
pembroke allan

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:03 pm

S.A were shocking, they won't be that poor next week.

Maybe it's just the small group of available players or the coach, but that was a 9 man game plan from yesteryear. We took our opportunities well, imagine if we tried to play.

It's a bit like the Warnock days, if you repeatedly keep on giving better opposition the ball, they will end up doing something with it.

SA made loads of mistakes, less than half play in SA, a weeks training camp and i think it will be a 20 pointer

I took the 18 points the bookies gave us today, i won't next week
llan bluebird

Postby welshrarebit » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:24 pm

I said the same thing about kicking it back to them with seconds to go. When they have a 2 man advantage. And are the world champions. Great idea to let them run it back at you.

Ref looked a little overwhelmed on occasions but he dropped a clanger by not stopping the game when Tom Francis was concussed. He was out cold but he allowed the game to carry on thus preventing Francis having medical attention. To add insult to injury South Africa won a penalty which they scored a vital try off.

But we lost due to poor game management. I thought the yellows were harsh but even with them we were still in the game.

That’s the worst South Africa will play for a while.
welshrarebit

Postby Sven » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:42 pm

theclaw wrote:Yes I know that but if the ball does go dead they could play for another 10 mins or more.Seems crazy to me.

It's happened... :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby MikeP » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:00 am

Where did they dig up this ref from. From a country that want to join the 6 Nations instead of Italy.if that nation is as bad at rugby as the Ref was Please leave them out He seemed way out of his class needs to have a refresher course in refereeing. Hope we don't see him again.
MikeP

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:20 am

RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

Do you go out your way to upset people? I started the post by saying by praising the team for coming some close.
JJ1927

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:42 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

Do you go out your way to upset people? I started the post by saying by praising the team for coming some close.

Only when they talk shit, I talk shit back.

You started the post complimentary to the team but my reply to you is not to your OP its the nonsense that came after it.

BTW, what is Egg Chasing ffs, how old are you, 12?
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

Rv its about the fact that Wales game management is absolutely crap today joins a long list of games we've lost in overtime or with moments left..
Yes did great to get close but we would have won if not for ill discipline 3 sin bins when leading so played most of last ten mins with 13 men... and two individual errors with 30second left cost us a draw these are facts
Nothing more. ....

First of all Al, apologies for what I said above, no need for it and I am genuinly sorry, and furthermore I actually dont mean it.

You seem like a good bloke who has his opinion and I respect that but we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

What you have said are not facts, they are opinions. The refereing during the game was insane as anyone who has ever played a game of rugby would agree.

The penalty against Biggar for the knock on was very harsh and if your considering his missed conversion as an 'error' its even harsher. Wales were robbed by a novice Georgian referee cutting his teeth in the game.
RV Casual

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:44 am

RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

Only when they talk shit, I talk shit back.

You started the post complimentary to the team but my reply to you is not to your OP its the nonsense that came after it.

BTW, what is Egg Chasing ffs, how old are you, 12?

I think you reply has clearly answered my question.
JJ1927

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:05 pm

not sure what happened there, but kudos to the team.

Anscombe is more attacking than Biggar, less defensive but gives us a different dimension

beer in the garden time :D :D
llan bluebird

Return to General Chat