‘ Steve Morison Angry & CCFC ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:44 am

FIFA's new loan rule comes into effect today, allowing clubs to loan out only 8 players aged 21+ to different associations.

Cardiff classed as international transfer due to being under FAW.

Club angry as they feel it puts them at major disadvantage

Cardiff, Newport, Swansea , Wrexham it effects.

Cardiff feel it doesn't allow them to operate on a level-playing field to English clubs as there is another level of consideration for the parent club. I.e. they have to know how many players they want to send abroad and sending a player to Wales counts towards their quota.

It will likely see clubs kick the can down the road in fear of filling their quota of eight 'foreign' loans, when Cardiff want to get all their ducks in a row as early as possible.

Cardiff City manager Steve Morison has confirmed the club will add "a few more new faces" before the transfer window closes. The Bluebirds have already seen nine new players through the door this summer, but are not resting on their laurels as they prepare to make more additions in the coming weeks.
Attachments
7B94A065-1DED-48A9-A8FD-3652903B4206.jpeg
7B94A065-1DED-48A9-A8FD-3652903B4206.jpeg (102.83 KiB) Viewed 9122 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Steve Morison Angry & CCFC ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:51 am

FIFA's new rule states a club can only loan a maximum of eight players aged 21 or over to different associations at any one time and the same applies to the number which can be loaned in. The problem is set to be compounded in the coming years, with the maximum dropping to seven in 2023/24. It will then be cut to six indefinitely from 2024/25.

In practice, this means big Premier League clubs, who naturally have a high number of players out on loan, are likely to be more reticent about commiting to loaning players to Welsh clubs if there are English alternatives. It's believed two potential Cardiff loan signings this summer have already stalled because of the ruling.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby mjw6150 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:59 am

You'd think we would get an exception considering our circumstances and that we are not a team they are trying to capture in this rule
mjw6150

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:00 am

mjw6150 wrote:You'd think we would get an exception considering our circumstances and that we are not a team they are trying to capture in this rule

I totally agree with you.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:43 am

Is this correct?

We have always been affiliated with the English Leagues for the purpose of the competition we play in.

Is this some sort of grey area because the Championship is a Football LEAGUE competition. Whereas the Premiership is a Football ASSOCIATION competition?
Wayne S

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:51 am

Do even the big Premier league clubs loan 8 players to “foreign” teams each season

I wouldn’t have thought so
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:59 am

Can't blame the club or Morison for being pissed off at this.

Rule makes no sense.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:13 pm

In that case we should be allowed back into the Welsh cup and play for a place in Europe :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby mjw6150 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:57 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Do even the big Premier league clubs loan 8 players to “foreign” teams each season

I wouldn’t have thought so

Only Chelsea and Man City (and probably Watford lol) with all the other clubs their owners have control of.
mjw6150

Postby eddiep » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:20 pm

We must push for welsh cup then.
They cant have it both ways...
Possible place in european tournaments to aim for, every season....
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby JulesK » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:38 pm

Be nice to have us all back in Welsh Cup.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:06 pm

Would they allow us in the Welsh Cup if we gave up the English FA Cup?

Only fair that we do.
Wayne S

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:24 pm

Apart from Chelsea and possibly Man City I don't think other clubs would loan out 8 players over 21 to foreign sides. Of course you would have to take into account loans to Scottish clubs but i cant see it being a major issue for us and seems to me that if other clubs have raised it they are either overreacting or more likely using it as a bargaining chip to get us to pay more of the loanees wages.
JJ1927

Postby mjw6150 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:36 pm

Wayne S wrote:Would they allow us in the Welsh Cup if we gave up the English FA Cup?

Only fair that we do.

That sounds great but problem will be it may set a precedent where people say, 'why don't you join the welsh league as well then' and we need to avoid that at all costs!
mjw6150

Postby royalblue » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:47 pm

mjw6150 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Would they allow us in the Welsh Cup if we gave up the English FA Cup?

Only fair that we do.

That sounds great but problem will be it may set a precedent where people say, 'why don't you join the welsh league as well then' and we need to avoid that at all costs!
Spot on. As much as it sounds great we need to stay clear of the Welsh Cup to avoid being kicked out of the system all together. It's a grey area that will somehow be resolved just a pain at the moment.
ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE
royalblue

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:53 pm

mjw6150 wrote:

Only fair that we do.

The loophole here is that we have ALWAYS been a member of the (English) Football League BEFORE it had "English" in the title. We were invited along with the Scottish clubs.

The Football League was set up to be a British League. Remember the Welsh League is younger than most of us fans.

On the flipside we have NEVER been a member of The English FA. This is why we were originally allowed to play in the Welsh FA Cup as The Welsh FA was setup around the same time as the English FA but never set up a league.

All very confusing but there is no reason we couldn't play in English Football League competitions and Welsh FA competitions but we would have to give up the English FA Cup.

The massive problem though is that The FA run the Premiership and may not allow us promotion if we don't play in the other FA competitions.

So yes I gree with you. :lol:
Wayne S

Postby Floppsy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:28 pm

When they realise a club as big as AS Monaco is affected then FIFA might reconsider or seek an alternative.
One option could be to classify teams as British for transfer purposes.
Floppsy

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 pm

What about the rules for Berwick Rangers? They play in the Scottish league but they're based in England.

What are the rules for New Saints? They're in the Welsh league but their ground is in Oswestry, England.

We need to investigate if the rules apply for other clubs playing in a league belonging to one country, but situated in another country.

Do English clubs loaning players to Berwick Rangers count as a foreign loan as they're in the Scottish league, or are the FA just picking on the Welsh clubs in the English pyramid, so these rules just apply to Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham?

We need to investigate, but whether the rules are consistent to apply to Berwick Rangers or not, these rules are definitely not fair.

All Welsh clubs need to unite together to challenge this.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby JulesK » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:57 am

We already have to get international clearance to sign a player from England but play in an English system????? Grey areas.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:30 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:What about the rules for Berwick Rangers? They play in the Scottish league but they're based in England.

What are the rules for New Saints? They're in the Welsh league but their ground is in Oswestry, England.

We need to investigate if the rules apply for other clubs playing in a league belonging to one country, but situated in another country.

Do English clubs loaning players to Berwick Rangers count as a foreign loan as they're in the Scottish league, or are the FA just picking on the Welsh clubs in the English pyramid, so these rules just apply to Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham?

We need to investigate, but whether the rules are consistent to apply to Berwick Rangers or not, these rules are definitely not fair.

Not sure how the FA could be picking on Welsh clubs when it's a new FIFA rule being discussed but you go ahead & blame the English FA for it. :roll:
Welshman in CA

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:58 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:What about the rules for Berwick Rangers? They play in the Scottish league but they're based in England.

Not sure how the FA could be picking on Welsh clubs when it's a new FIFA rule being discussed but you go ahead & blame the English FA for it. :roll:

I obviously meant FIFA, not the FA, but you just pick me up on that mistype and ignore all the other points I've made. :roll:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:41 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

I obviously meant FIFA, not the FA, but you just pick me up on that mistype and ignore all the other points I've made. :roll:

Of course I do because your other points are nonsense if it's a FIFA rule as there is no need to investigate if the FA are applying the rule to everyone.

My view is that it was fine the way it was & that FIFA are just meddling to show that they can & to make them feel useful, we all know they are one of the most corrupt organizations in sport. I used to like going to Welsh cup games and as we won it more often than not the following cup winners cup nights against the european teams.
Welshman in CA

Postby Robbiebluebird » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:43 pm

Considering there are a few teams that play in another countries league as far as I am aware, you would have thought this is something that would have be considered, and addressed by FIFA before it was implemented...
Robbiebluebird

Return to General Chat