BBC Wales Plaid Cymru Jobs for the Girls

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:05 pm

We all know this happens amongst the Taffia but crikey, this is blatant.

‘Yesterday Guido revealed the BBC has appointed a Brexit-hating Plaid Cymru-voter as its new Radio Wales Editor. There was plenty of material in Carolyn Hitt’s social media history to comb through, and it turns out her anti-Tory tweets and op-eds barely scratch the surface. There’s a lot more going on over at BBC Cymru Wales…

In February 2020, Hitt doubled down on her Welsh nationalism by appearing as a keynote speaker at the YesCymru conference, a gathering organised by the pro-independence group which claims to be committed to “civic nationalism“. There she said she was “willing to pick up the ball and run” for independence…’

Fair enough , but.....

‘How someone so obviously partisan came to land a cushty job at the BBC becomes clear when looking at who appointed her: Rhuanedd Richards, the Director of BBC Wales, was a special adviser to Elin Jones in the Labour-Plaid “One Wales” coalition before going on to serve as chief executive of the party for over five years. The idea that anyone in Westminster would land a similar job in Broadcasting House is laughable.

By pure coincidence, in 2020 Carolyn Hitt appears to have gone on a fun trip to Dublin with none other than Rhuanedd Richards’ former boss, and current Speaker of the Senedd, Elin Jones. To whom Hitt is reportedly very close…’
Eeeeugh

All in bed together.

https://order-order.com/2022/06/30/plai ... bbc-wales/

And of course, you pay for this.
C. Rombie-Coat

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BBC Wales Plaid Cymru Jobs for the Girls

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:57 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:We all know this happens amongst the Taffia but crikey, this is blatant.

‘Yesterday Guido revealed the BBC has appointed a Brexit-hating Plaid Cymru-voter as its new Radio Wales Editor. There was plenty of material in Carolyn Hitt’s social media history to comb through, and it turns out her anti-Tory tweets and op-eds barely scratch the surface. There’s a lot more going on over at BBC Cymru Wales…

In February 2020, Hitt doubled down on her Welsh nationalism by appearing as a keynote speaker at the YesCymru conference, a gathering organised by the pro-independence group which claims to be committed to “civic nationalism“. There she said she was “willing to pick up the ball and run” for independence…’

Fair enough , but.....

‘How someone so obviously partisan came to land a cushty job at the BBC becomes clear when looking at who appointed her: Rhuanedd Richards, the Director of BBC Wales, was a special adviser to Elin Jones in the Labour-Plaid “One Wales” coalition before going on to serve as chief executive of the party for over five years. The idea that anyone in Westminster would land a similar job in Broadcasting House is laughable.

By pure coincidence, in 2020 Carolyn Hitt appears to have gone on a fun trip to Dublin with none other than Rhuanedd Richards’ former boss, and current Speaker of the Senedd, Elin Jones. To whom Hitt is reportedly very close…’
Eeeeugh

All in bed together.

https://order-order.com/2022/06/30/plai ... bbc-wales/

And of course, you pay for this.

And we are paying for voting them in? Latest craze from labour is to do what they like and ignore any scrutiny over it by refusing to answer questions elenud Morgan latest 4 speeding fines + ban but avoided senedd censure because drakeford said wasnt required?? This cosying up to labour by bbc wouldn't have anything to do with the carbunkle in central square called bbc hq? :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:48 pm

They do what they want because they know a) they get elected regardless. b) all parties except the conservatives are left of centre so plenty of support if they need it and c) they have effectively bought the plaid vote so now all the yes cymru hysterics pile on anyone that utters a dissenting voice.

Its sad. The relief road. 20mph, changes to the school year structure, a load more MS's

They dont care. They do what they want. Covid has given many more of a sniff of power and they will damn well take all they can get.
welshrarebit

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:28 pm

Even more nauseating than their parochialism, is that none seem particularly bright.. those traits complement each other nicely.
rumpo kid

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:27 am

Thanks for posting this Mr Crombie, without doing so it would definitely have gone under the radar.

I don't know what it is going to take for people to actually wake up and smell the coffee. They will in the end, but I just hope and pray that it's not too late by the time they do. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby AfricanBluebird » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:26 am

It's all swings and roundabouts.

The director general of the BBC, Tim Davie, was councillor for the Conservative Party in Hammersmith in 1993 and 1994, was deputy chairman of the Hammersmith and Fulham Conservative party in the 1990s and been a Tory donor since. Nick Robinson, key political and influential commentator of the BBC (and ex political editor) has been a part of the right-wing conservative movement since the 1980's. Laura Keansburg was personal fiends with some of the most extreme right wing members of the conservative party members. Fiona Bruce, lead on Question Time, and part-and-parcel of the BBC 'family' is married to a Tory donor Nigel Sharrocks, who's company received £3.9m from the Treasury to advertise Government policies.

I am no fan of Labour in Wales - for example they should be commissioning an independent investigation in the COVID response in Wales, but the point is we if we criticise the welsh government for political appointments to the BBC.... then we also have to massively criticise the Tory government for some of the most egregious partisan appointments.

Personally I would like to see the public choosing key BBC appointments through a public partnership. If the BBC remains as a public national broadcaster, I do not believe that any appointment should be made by politicians for political reasons... left or right.

Key appointments should be made by a board of trustees appointed from a cross section of the public.
AfricanBluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:26 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:It's all swings and roundabouts.

The director general of the BBC, Tim Davie, was councillor for the Conservative Party in Hammersmith in 1993 and 1994, was deputy chairman of the Hammersmith and Fulham Conservative party in the 1990s and been a Tory donor since. Nick Robinson, key political and influential commentator of the BBC (and ex political editor) has been a part of the right-wing conservative movement since the 1980's. Laura Keansburg was personal fiends with some of the most extreme right wing members of the conservative party members. Fiona Bruce, lead on Question Time, and part-and-parcel of the BBC 'family' is married to a Tory donor Nigel Sharrocks, who's company received £3.9m from the Treasury to advertise Government policies.

I am no fan of Labour in Wales - for example they should be commissioning an independent investigation in the COVID response in Wales, but the point is we if we criticise the welsh government for political appointments to the BBC.... then we also have to massively criticise the Tory government for some of the most egregious partisan appointments.

Personally I would like to see the public choosing key BBC appointments through a public partnership. If the BBC remains as a public national broadcaster, I do not believe that any appointment should be made by politicians for political reasons... left or right.

Key appointments should be made by a board of trustees appointed from a cross section of the public.

A well reasoned alternative point of view. It's all down to what you wanna see and what you chose to ignore because it doesn't fit with your agenda.
Sneggyblubird

Postby mjw6150 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:51 am

The BBC is great at what they do EXCEPT for anything that involves political issues and then they are hopelessly biased.
mjw6150

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:25 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Thanks for posting this Mr Crombie, without doing so it would definitely have gone under the radar.

I don't know what it is going to take for people to actually wake up and smell the coffee. They will in the end, but I just hope and pray that it's not too late by the time they do. :bluebird:

Non football and we are agreeing now :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:27 am

welshrarebit wrote:They do what they want because they know a) they get elected regardless. b) all parties except the conservatives are left of centre so plenty of support if they need it and c) they have effectively bought the plaid vote so now all the yes cymru hysterics pile on anyone that utters a dissenting voice.

Its sad. The relief road. 20mph, changes to the school year structure, a load more MS's

They dont care. They do what they want. Covid has given many more of a sniff of power and they will damn well take all they can get.

Too right and people are letting them do whatever they want!
Bluebina

Postby Jock » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:39 am

Are you seriously saying BBC news and editorials don’t have a Leftwing bias?
Jock

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:09 am

Jock wrote:

They are 100% left wing. I’ve made so many complaints to them regarding their clear biased reporting.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Jock » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:32 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Jock wrote:

They are 100% left wing. I’ve made so many complaints to them regarding their clear biased reporting.

I don’t pay the licence, telly still works fine :lol:
Jock

Return to General Chat