Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would Kenneth Zohore be a good fit to return to the Bluebirds?

You may select 1 option

View results

OPINION AND POLL: KENNETH ZOHORE A GOOD FIT TO RETURN

Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:17 pm

CARDIFF CITY OPINION: CARDIFF CITY SHOULD PURSUE REUNION WITH 28-YEAR-OLD

No striker has entered the building in this summer transfer window at Cardiff City, as the Bluebirds prepare for their first full season under Steve Morison in the Championship.

The Bluebirds have flown out of the blocks to make nine additions already in the form of: Ollie Tanner, Andy Rinomhota, Mahlon Romeo, Callum O’Dowda, Jamilu Collins, Ryan Allsop, Jak Alnwick, Vontae Daley-Campbell and Ebou Adams.

Many were required, with a lot of players moving on at the end of their contracts but there is still some strengthening to do in the attacking third.

James Collins is out of favour and an exit looks on the cards, meaning that Isaak Davies, Max Watters, Gavin Whyte and Mark Harris are their only senior forward options.

Uche Ikpeazu and Jordan Hugill made positive impacts on loan from Middlesbrough and Norwich City in the second half of last season, and the former could be available again, but the latter, and more successful loanee, seems likely to begin the campaign with the Canaries.

West Bromwich Albion are listening to offers for Kenneth Zohore after the 28-year-old was out of favour for almost the entirety of the 2021/22 campaign.

The Dane has one year remaining on his contract and arrived at The Hawthorns from Cardiff in the summer of 2019.

Zohore scored 24 goals in 101 outings for the Bluebirds, and played his part as the club sealed automatic promotion to the Premier League under Neil Warnock.

Davies and Harris, in particular, seem like players in Morison’s first team plans for next season, and they are the type of forwards that thrive when playing around a central striker.

Zohore has the physicality the hold his own aerially and with his hold-up play in the Championship, while also being a capable dribbler when receiving the ball on the half-turn in the final third.

With the Baggies keen to get him off the books, a loan or loan to buy move could be negotiated, although there is a chance that his wages are astronomical compared to the rest of the Bluebirds’ frontline.

Zohore will likely have to take a pay-cut for his next move, having been signed by the Baggies fuelled by parachute payments, and a successful campaign in the second tier this term with the Bluebirds would set the Dane up better to leave the club next summer as he edges into the peak years of his career.

Re: OPINION AND POLL: KENNETH ZOHORE A GOOD FIT TO RETURN

Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:27 pm

Chris, Yes as long as they pay 90% of his wages :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:34 pm

Igovernor wrote:Chris, Yes as long as they pay 90% of his wages :lol:

Not even then :shock: :lol:

I never quite understood how he could go from looking like a Prem striker to a Sunday League player week to week !! Must be a mental attitude thing because he had pace, height and strength but just can't deliver consistently.

Still can't believe we got the money we did for him !! Up there with the £3m we got from Wolves for Joe Mason :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:36 pm

Nope from me.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:59 pm

Definite no from me - let's quit while we are in front in respect of Zohore.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:00 pm

Accidently clicked yes by mistake - no way would i be happy him coming back

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:00 pm

The thing is, all of the attributes we are looking for are there.

A striker standing at 6'3

Premier League experience with x2 clubs (albeit us and WBA)

Championship experience with x3 clubs

Young player of the year awarded in his very first year with us I believe?

International striker for his country

Available for loan

He's not exactly going to be the signing to turn heads but can we honestly get better through the door with our free/loan policy

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:11 pm

No ,come on he was rubbish ,we Need better .

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:21 pm

3 questions I would ask before committing.
1) Is he affordable?
2) Can we expect to sign anyone of better quality?
3) Does he have the commitment to get his career back on track?

Tough call for me but an on form Zahore could be a risk worth taking if we don't have a better option lined up. :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:24 pm

Surely vicent tan and morrison need to get together on a striker they are not available like other positions
and not being able to offer anything transfer wise or wage wise we are going to be left where we where last season lacking a goal getter surely morrison could plead with tan he needs a hand landing a 20 plus goalscorer.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:39 pm

If we were to sign him on , £3k PW + £1k a goal . Then we might see a player ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:39 pm

Would not last 3 weeks under SM

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:42 pm

Blue Legend wrote:3 questions I would ask before committing.
1) Is he affordable?
2) Can we expect to sign anyone of better quality?
3) Does he have the commitment to get his career back on track?

Tough call for me but an on form Zahore could be a risk worth taking if we don't have a better option lined up. :bluescarf:

The only question you gotta ask is. If he's not in possession of the football would he run around like a blue arse fly closing down opposition defenders in possession. I think we both know the answer there.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:52 pm

No good playing with wingers if we had zahore the only striker i have ever seen who cannot head a ball unless it hit him by accident.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:53 pm

I can't understand the bit about him being good in the air. From what I recall he hardly ever won a header and I'm not sure if any of his goals for us were headers. When you think that Helgusson was tiny yet scored some great headed goals and then think of Zohore (and Glatzel who was also poor in the air for a tall bloke) there's no comparison.

Having said that, if our new style is going to be playing more on the floor than in the sky then the Ken who had that golden second half of a season a few years ago could be an asset.

For me however I think he's well past his best.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:02 pm

At the moment in time I think the old adage, "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind.

Not sure what we think we can get through the door bearing in mind the budget we are sticking to.

There was a striker supposedly dotting i's and crossing t's last Thursday then all went quiet after Bale made his choice. Is that deal dead?

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:11 pm

Odd one with him. He showed in that half of season splash that he could have been a top prem striker.

But then turned into Gestede..... Can't explain how, why...... Its more of a mystery than anything else I've ever come across.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:14 pm

Igovernor wrote:Chris, Yes as long as they pay 90% of his wages :lol:

Agreed or maybe 95% :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:18 pm

It’s between Harris, Watters and Collins at the moment. Always thought Zohore was going to go to the top but for whatever reason he hasn’t. He’s got all the attributes to be a real force in this league but as long as he isn’t the only striker we sign then I’m happy to give him another chance.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:27 pm

No, no and again no.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:33 pm

We would be pretty desperate if we had zahore back
i cannot beleive would be thinking of someone who' s best days where behind him 5 years ago

morrison really needs to get a decent striker in but really needs help from tan

going with harris and collins is a waste after recruiting all these players and then missing the last peices of the jigsaw
by a lack of fire power up front.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:32 pm

I'm sorry, but how many times have we slated the board for useless signings. Sloppy seconds vey rarely work out.

We received an incredible offer for Ken, based on a great half season, and took it. What has he done since? On top of that what baggage will he bring back.

For me it's all about a fresh start with fresh, young and hungry players. :bluebird:

Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:58 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:I'm sorry, but how many times have we slated the board for useless signings. Sloppy seconds vey rarely work out.

We received an incredible offer for Ken, based on a great half season, and took it. What has he done since? On top of that what baggage will he bring back.

For me it's all about a fresh start with fresh, young and hungry players. :bluebird:

Totally agree.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:52 pm

No.
Good in the air!! Head like a thruppeny bit, never saw him head a ball in any controlled way. Saw it bounce off him a few times though.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:27 pm

Dreading hearing him saying I'm back!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:44 am

bluebird7291 wrote:Odd one with him. He showed in that half of season splash that he could have been a top prem striker.

But then turned into Gestede..... Can't explain how, why...... Its more of a mystery than anything else I've ever come across.

I preferred Rudy over Ken every day of the week - as for headers, Rudy was decent, thinking the 2 he scored against the Scabs at home one April, the season we were champions.

Ken looks a mess, and apart from a purple patch for half a season, he was frankly pretty pants.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:27 am

Perhaps we can have Chopra back he has started playing again, or Glatzel or maybe even Cornelius
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:30 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo chance he's rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:09 pm

Lets keep Bacuna as well while we are at it...come on surely this isnt an option. We need a 27 goal striker as has been proven with those who have gone up in the past. Will we find one, I am not sure unless there is someone in the pipeline already?
:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:03 pm

Very few players should ever go back to a club they left because they werent that good - he is one of them.

We dont have an out and out goal scorer - and without one, no team is going to get anywhere near the top6.