No future for ex Cardiff loanee :

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:03 am

Not for Cardiff in my opinion:

Ikpeazu 'doesn't have a future' at Middlesbrough

Former Cardiff City loanee Uche Ikpeazu has been told he 'doesn't have a future at Middlesbrough', according to the Northern Echo.

The Bluebirds took the striker on loan last term and he gained admirers for scoring a couple of important goals while Cardiff were attempting to wade out of a relegation struggle at the beginning of the year.

Boro boss Chris Wilder, though, clearly doesn't see him in his plans, with the Echo stating the 27-year-old does not have a future with the club, with Boro’s recruitment team currently 'actively involved in discussions aimed at moving them on'.

“There are some players that are not part of the plans that we will be looking to move on,” Wilder has said. “There are also a couple we’ve put bombs under in the first team.

“I’ve had it at my previous club where I’ve said to them, ‘You’re not part of the plans’, but for whatever reason they ended up being in the end. They came back after the summer and went, ‘I don’t really want to leave this place’, and they got their finger out.

“There are a couple in the group that could fall into that category, but if they go the other way, then I’ve ultimately made the right decision. But if they come back and prove me wrong, that’s good for me because I still think they’re good players and they could have something to offer.

“Sometimes, there’s a bit of psychology involved in a couple of them to test them out if I don’t think that they’ve done enough, but they could have more to come. If they can, they will add to the group, and if they don’t, then there is more work for us to do.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: No future for ex Cardiff loanee :

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 am

Not for me either.

I don’t think he’s the type to be in Morisons plans either but to be fair he did a great job for us when asked.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Floppsy » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:49 am

He'll do a decent job for a League 1 team but not consistent enough for Championship football.
Floppsy

Postby AfricanBluebird » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:02 am

I really liked him.

Scored some important goals and connected with the fans.

Thought he could have played a little more but you could see Morison tying to evolve the playing style and Uche didn't really contribute to that

So moving forward, he's not for me either.

He will go to league 1 and score a shedful of goals though or play in the championship and score against us for sure!
AfricanBluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:05 pm

Good Luck to the Lad .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat