Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

REPORTS: AARON RAMSEY JUVE 'DEAL' AGREED

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:36 am

According to the latest reports, including the BBC, Juventus have agreed to pay Aaron Ramsey €4m just to get him off their books, allowing him to become a free agent.

The Wales international had become something of a millstone around the neck of the Old Lady, especially after a failed loan spell at Glasgow Rangers.

His contract is due to expire in June 2023 and finding a buyer with that salary of €7m per season net plus bonuses was always going to be practically impossible.

Juve therefore were in talks to terminate the contract early by mutual consent and prepared to pay him €2m just to get him off the books.

According to IlBianconero.com, the Bianconeri were so desperate that they capitulated on his demands of €4m to terminate by mutual consent.

The final season of his salary would’ve cost Juve €14m gross.

Between injuries and poor form, Ramsey had become a running gag amongst Juventus fans, calculating he made 70 appearances for 3,043 minutes of football, so cost the club €8,800 per minute of time on the pitch.

He has been linked with Turkish club Fatih Karagumruk, whose coach is ex-Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo, but their patron confirmed over the weekend they had ‘given up’ negotiating personal terms
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: REPORTS: AARON RAMSEY JUVE 'DEAL' AGREED

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:33 am

thank you for updating much appreciated..worcester i believe :occasion5:

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:57 am

He'll end up at forest.

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:58 am

Bluebird 67 wrote:thank you for updating much appreciated..worcester i believe :occasion5:

Non; c'était moi...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Always good to see fresh and relevant new topics :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:04 am

bluebird7291 wrote:He'll end up at forest.

Not a bad call. He's better than that but his fitness may well go against him, so a team led by Steve Cooper could well be an option :ayatollah:

Sadly, his stated ambitions suggest he won't currently come here... :(

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:10 am

My bet is that he’ll follow Bale to the States!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:13 am

I'd rather Ramsey than Bale, here we go again :lol: :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:13 am

He’ll be playing against Bale for LA galaxy in a few weeks. Think they come as a pair to be honest.

Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:26 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:He'll end up at forest.

I have said exactly the same. He should be a top six player but his injury record will count against him.

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:35 pm

Thanks Chris :occasion5:

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:47 pm

Bluebird 67 wrote:Thanks Chris :occasion5:

:thumbup: :ayatollah: