Segunda Division B

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Segunda Division B

Postby Paul Keevil » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:42 pm

I guess this one is for Annis.

On what level (in the UK) would you compare the division that AB are presently playing in?

I only ask as I see that Dioni scored another 17 last season and over the last few years has pretty much been scoring at a rate of 1 in 2.

There must be loads of these untried lower league players who simply dont get the chance in the UK.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Segunda Division B

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Segunda Division B

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:47 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I guess this one is for Annis.

On what level (in the UK) would you compare the division that AB are presently playing in?

I only ask as I see that Dioni scored another 17 last season and over the last few years has pretty much been scoring at a rate of 1 in 2.

There must be loads of these untried lower league players who simply dont get the chance in the UK.

Paul,

League 2 equivalent to Newport County
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Wayne S » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:48 pm

I found this League rankings when trying to find how the MLS and Championshio compared (cant remember why).

Spanish Segunda is on there just below Scottish Prem.

https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/
Wayne S

Postby Wayne S » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:53 pm

Wayne S wrote:I found this League rankings when trying to find how the MLS and Championshio compared (cant remember why).

Spanish Segunda is on there just below Scottish Prem.

https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/

Just noticed this is a div higher though.
Wayne S

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:27 am

Thats interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

There is a guy in the German Bundesliga 2 (Equivalent of Scottish Premiership & Turkish Superleague) who scored 30 goals in 30 games - who, according to transfermarkt, is only worth £900k

There must be some decent strikers out there if know where to look

Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby nojac » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:40 am

There's a German out there called Robert Glatzel, who is scoring quite regular. Imagine if McCarthy had more patience (or the board had less) and what could have been , under Morison ?
nojac

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:58 am

nojac wrote:There's a German out there called Robert Glatzel, who is scoring quite regular. Imagine if McCarthy had more patience (or the board had less) and what could have been , under Morison ?

Glatzel and Healey seem to be scoring regularly and dare I even mention Cornelius

It just seems that when players come to CCFC they have no striker training

Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:17 am

Paul Keevil wrote:
nojac wrote:There's a German out there called Robert Glatzel, who is scoring quite regular. Imagine if McCarthy had more patience (or the board had less) and what could have been , under Morison ?

Glatzel and Healey seem to be scoring regularly and dare I even mention Cornelius

Unlike the other Glatzel showed he could play, but not as a target man.

Some of his finishing and touch was excellent but he needed the ball on the floor not humped from the back (Warnock's mistake, not Glatzel's).

I would go so far as to say that if Glatzel was still here under Morison then we wouldn't be too worried about our options upfront :thumbup:
piledriver64

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:

Some of his finishing and touch was excellent but he needed the ball on the floor not humped from the back (Warnock's mistake, not Glatzel's).

I would go so far as to say that if Glatzel was still here under Morison then we wouldn't be too worried about our options upfront :thumbup:

Got to agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:22 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:

spot on. Glatzel would have thrived in this system
Bluebird For Life

Postby JJ1927 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:13 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:

I agree with your view on Glatzel but i dont know why you seem to blame Warnock- like many others do. Warnock was gone only two months after we signed Glatzel.
JJ1927

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:40 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:

I agree with your view on Glatzel but i dont know why you seem to blame Warnock- like many others do. Warnock was gone only two months after we signed Glatzel.

Because Warnock signed him as a target man !! He wasn't a target man, he was clearly a ball playing centre forward.

It's beyond comprehension to me that Warnock thought he would fit into his system !! It's like he never even watched him play before he signed him :roll:
piledriver64

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:52 pm

Transfermarkt, whose figures I dont trust 100% but they do give some idea, now have him valued back around £2.25m

Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Return to General Chat