UPDATED: DETAILS OF GARETH BALE'S TRANSFER

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:17 am

Los Angeles FC chief reveals details of Gareth Bale transfer as 'long-term' hope discussed

"It wasn't a financial conversation with Gareth or us. If Gareth was making this decision with financial motives he wouldn't be in MLS.”

“It’s the full package and how we can look after Gareth, his family and promote Gareth to the world.”

Bale is in line to make his Los Angeles debut when they face city rivals LA Galaxy on Saturday, July 9.

Los Angeles FC hope to have a "long-term" partnership with Gareth Bale.

The Welshman joined the MLS side on an initial one-year deal which could be extended by a further 18 months. The Western Conference leaders are yet to officially announce the capture of Wales star Bale, who himself confirmed he would be moving across the Atlantic after posting a video on his social media channels.

And while Bale will be itching to be at peak condition for the World Cup later this year, LA co-president and general manager John Thorrington is confident the 32-year-old will be eager to remain in America well beyond the Qatar tournament.

"I'd love to get into specifics but I don't as a policy, but what I can tell you is that LAFC and Gareth are hoping that this is a long-term partnership," he said. "It was never about six months just for the World Cup. We were always talking about longer term than that. That was very clear from Gareth and his representative.

"When Gareth is looking at what he needs to do, his priority will be at LAFC - we are absolutely sure of that - but we're not naïve to the fact that he, like some other players of ours, have a World Cup on the horizon."

Bale is expected to officially seal a switch to Los Angeles in early July, with Italy legend Giorgio Chiellini also poised to join him in California. The 2022 MLS season runs through until early October, although the play-offs and MLS Cup could extend the season by a month.

It means Bale is likely to be playing up until just before the Premier League and Championship campaigns are halted on November 12, with Wales facing the USA in their World Cup opener in Al-Rayyan nine days later.

And Thorrington says LA will do all in their power to cater to Bale's needs to ensure he is at his destructive best for both the MLS side and Wales. "We have done incredible diligence and it was an open, transparent conversation and we quickly saw it was a right match in the face of stiff competition worldwide - and he agreed and we're excited to welcome him in the next couple of weeks," Thorrington added.

"It wasn't a financial conversation with Gareth or us. If Gareth was making this decision with financial motives he wouldn't be in MLS.”

“It’s the full package and how we can look after Gareth, his family and promote Gareth to the world.”

"This league is really exciting globally and he saw an opportunity to make a real impact. He sees here an opportunity to make a difference with the stage we provide.

"He sees the chance to pull this sport up to competing with the other sports. As much as possible, understanding how to manage a player like Gareth, a Ferrari or thoroughbred racehorse, they need extra attention in order to succeed, we're confident we'll be able to do that.

"The benefit of him joining the group we have, we will have a player who can play as much as he can, but we will do so sensibly.

"His priority will be at LAFC but we're not naïve - he has a World Cup on the horizon and how we manage his preparation ahead of the World Cup will be important to Gareth and the success of LA, but we want him peaking after the game with the US! The exact preparation he needs will be the same for us as it is for the World Cup, which I know for Wales is an historic one."

Bale is in line to make his Los Angeles debut when they face city rivals LA Galaxy on Saturday, July 9.
Attachments
CD5BDB93-B999-4F1E-A1A6-E24B34E103F1.jpeg
CD5BDB93-B999-4F1E-A1A6-E24B34E103F1.jpeg (51.44 KiB) Viewed 5789 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Los Angeles FC chief reveals details of Gareth Bale tran

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:05 pm

‘It’s not the financial package’
So do they think that Gareth being promoted to the world will be done free of charge? Don’t insult our intelligence Yank!!!
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:‘It’s not the financial package’
So do they think that Gareth being promoted to the world will be done free of charge? Don’t insult our intelligence Yank!!!

Ffs usa is land of making bucks and hes trying to say signed him to make sure he was ready for world cup? They make a good couple of money grabbed .. we as fans are not stupid :roll: ..
Exciting league? Hes having a laugh its splattered with a couple of has been players from south America and Europe ...
Last edited by pembroke allan on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Ffs usa is land of making bucks and hes trying to say signed him to make sure he was ready for world cup? They make a good couple of money grabbed .. we as fans are not stupid :roll: ..

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:21 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Makes you sick the way they are making out it's about wc fitness? When it's pure greed nothing more why did agent wait t minutes before contacting LA ? Simply because they already been negotiating a deal with qualifying in mind ... as said we were lied to ..
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Makes you sick the way they are making out it's about wc fitness? When it's pure greed nothing more why did agent wait t minutes before contacting LA ? Simply because they already been negotiating a deal with qualifying in mind ... as said we were lied to ..

Exactly.
Don’t take us for mugs. I’d have far more respect if it was stated that ‘one Last big pay day as far too much to turn down’.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby rontom » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:11 pm

"His priority will be at LAFC but we're not naïve - he has a World Cup on the horizon and how we manage his preparation ahead of the World Cup will be important to Gareth and the success of LA

But we want him peaking after the game with the US! The exact preparation he needs will be the same for us as it is for the World Cup, which I know for Wales is an historic one."

Well I want him fit BEFORE the game with the USA

I noticed also that he was given the number 20 shirt by Sunday morning
rontom

Postby londontaffia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Exciting league? Hes having a laugh its splattered with a couple of has been players from south America and Europe ...

I was originally gutted when he didn’t sign for us but I’ve now realised that he’s actually going undercover on a 3 month scouting trip to suss out the US players before he devises a plan to trounce them in Qatar!

Aaron Ramsey is currently negotiating a short term contract to play in Iran……..FACT! ;-)
londontaffia

Re: UPDATED: DETAILS OF GARETH BALE'S TRANSFER

Postby Sven » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:56 pm

The full details of Gareth Bale's Los Angeles FC transfer disclosed as he personally informed Cardiff City of his decision
The Wales captain appeared to be in a straight shootout between the Bluebirds and the MLS but eventually chose the latter

By The Athletic

The full timeline of Gareth Bale's move to Los Angeles FC has been revealed in a detailed report.

Bale left Real Madrid after nine years this summer, with many clubs understood to be vying for his signature. MLS teams LAFC and DC United were always in the conversation, while his hometown club Cardiff City were also a very real consideration for the Wales captain.

According to The Athletic, the first real contact made between Bale's representatives and the California side came earlier this month after Wales booked their place in the World Cup finals after their emotional play-off win over Ukraine.

An agent from Stellar, the company which represents Bale, text Los Angeles FC co-president and general manager John Thorrington to ask if a conversation could be struck up about the player moving to the MLS club and it changed everything in a matter of weeks.

Did I think, coming into the year, ‘let’s set aside money to sign Gareth Bale?’. No, that was not in my plans,” Thorrington told The Athletic. “But I did tell our ownership there will be these moments for opportunism and that we need to be in a position to strike.”

Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, told The Athletic there were "four or five" serious offers for Bale's signature, Cardiff being one of the teams 'in play', according to the publication.

It could have been more but we narrowed the field for him — he wasn’t going to Italy or Spain, for example,” Barnett said.

Why Rabbi Matondo was at Cardiff City's training base today
It has been confirmed, too, that the signing of Bale did not take up a designated player spot for LAFC. That means that Bale will be on a basic salary of no more than £1.3m per year, roughly £25,000 per week, quite the climbdown from his £600,000-per-week pay packet at Real Madrid. Perhaps yet more evidence his next move was not motivated by cash., which is what we were told all along.

He doesn’t need to play football — he’s one of the best-paid footballers of all time — but if all goes well, of course he could stay there for a while. Why not? He’ll have a great life there and he still enjoys playing,” Barnett said. “Let’s just see how it goes and it will be a two-way decision, too.”

Talks were active between Cardiff's hierarchy and Bale's representatives while all this was going on. It is why, according to The Athletic, Bale chose to "personally convey his decision to move to MLS to those at Cardiff."

The final details of the move were ironed out over the last week. While the pool of teams battling for his signature had shrunk, those in the conversation saw it all move very quickly, with LA ending up winners in the race to capture the five-times Champions League winner.

Bale had Zoom conversations with LAFC head coach Steve Cherundolo as well as Thorrington as they mapped out a vision of what a move to LA would look like. Suffice to say, he was sold on it.

I can’t offer Gareth European Champions League football, I can’t offer him the (Champions League) trophy he lifted for the fifth time, the economic package a Champions League club or Premier League club can offer him,” John Thorrington said. “What we can offer a player like him is a unique opportunity to come and do something different.”

LAFC are top of the Western Conference table and are bidding for silverware this year before the season ends on November 5, a little more than two weeks before Wales' World Cup campaign kicks off.

The soccer world is pretty quiet right now, and so it’s got every ounce of attention,” Thorrington added. “It’s been a whirlwind ever since the news went out.”

Bale is set for another family holiday now his decision is made. However, the trip which was meant to last until mid-July will have to be cut short if he is to play the first game for which he is eligible for his new club, at home to LA Galaxy on July 9.
Attachments
0_IMG_4958.png
0_IMG_4958.png (323.93 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:36 pm

Sven wrote:The full details of Gareth Bale's Los Angeles FC transfer disclosed as he personally informed Cardiff City of his decision
The Wales captain appeared to be in a straight shootout between the Bluebirds and the MLS but eventually chose the latter

By The Athletic

The full timeline of Gareth Bale's move to Los Angeles FC has been revealed in a detailed report.

Bale left Real Madrid after nine years this summer, with many clubs understood to be vying for his signature. MLS teams LAFC and DC United were always in the conversation, while his hometown club Cardiff City were also a very real consideration for the Wales captain.

According to The Athletic, the first real contact made between Bale's representatives and the California side came earlier this month after Wales booked their place in the World Cup finals after their emotional play-off win over Ukraine.

An agent from Stellar, the company which represents Bale, text Los Angeles FC co-president and general manager John Thorrington to ask if a conversation could be struck up about the player moving to the MLS club and it changed everything in a matter of weeks.

Did I think, coming into the year, ‘let’s set aside money to sign Gareth Bale?’. No, that was not in my plans,” Thorrington told The Athletic. “But I did tell our ownership there will be these moments for opportunism and that we need to be in a position to strike.”

Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, told The Athletic there were "four or five" serious offers for Bale's signature, Cardiff being one of the teams 'in play', according to the publication.

It could have been more but we narrowed the field for him — he wasn’t going to Italy or Spain, for example,” Barnett said.

Why Rabbi Matondo was at Cardiff City's training base today
It has been confirmed, too, that the signing of Bale did not take up a designated player spot for LAFC. That means that Bale will be on a basic salary of no more than £1.3m per year, roughly £25,000 per week, quite the climbdown from his £600,000-per-week pay packet at Real Madrid. Perhaps yet more evidence his next move was not motivated by cash., which is what we were told all along.

He doesn’t need to play football — he’s one of the best-paid footballers of all time — but if all goes well, of course he could stay there for a while. Why not? He’ll have a great life there and he still enjoys playing,” Barnett said. “Let’s just see how it goes and it will be a two-way decision, too.”

Talks were active between Cardiff's hierarchy and Bale's representatives while all this was going on. It is why, according to The Athletic, Bale chose to "personally convey his decision to move to MLS to those at Cardiff."

The final details of the move were ironed out over the last week. While the pool of teams battling for his signature had shrunk, those in the conversation saw it all move very quickly, with LA ending up winners in the race to capture the five-times Champions League winner.

Bale had Zoom conversations with LAFC head coach Steve Cherundolo as well as Thorrington as they mapped out a vision of what a move to LA would look like. Suffice to say, he was sold on it.

I can’t offer Gareth European Champions League football, I can’t offer him the (Champions League) trophy he lifted for the fifth time, the economic package a Champions League club or Premier League club can offer him,” John Thorrington said. “What we can offer a player like him is a unique opportunity to come and do something different.”

LAFC are top of the Western Conference table and are bidding for silverware this year before the season ends on November 5, a little more than two weeks before Wales' World Cup campaign kicks off.

The soccer world is pretty quiet right now, and so it’s got every ounce of attention,” Thorrington added. “It’s been a whirlwind ever since the news went out.”

Bale is set for another family holiday now his decision is made. However, the trip which was meant to last until mid-July will have to be cut short if he is to play the first game for which he is eligible for his new club, at home to LA Galaxy on July 9.

They left out the part where commercial aspect overode what was on offer by city as to good to turn down? Thay are making out hes getting 1.3m a year ... what about endorsements that are not counted in that amount .... sorry they are treating us as stupid by saying one thing before signed and now signed trying to make out hes done it for football reasons ect ...they have dug a hole and dont know when to stop :|
pembroke allan

Postby JulesK » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:47 pm

Should have just been honest.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:59 pm

JulesK wrote:Should have just been honest.

Well they said had offer they couldn't turn down but now trying to say hes getting peanuts when we know hes going to get many millions as they said to good opportunity to turn down...
pembroke allan

Postby stickywicket » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:37 pm

From El Clasico to El Traffic0.
stickywicket

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:32 am

stickywicket wrote:From El Clasico to El Traffic0.

:thumbup: :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat