Why all the hate for Bale all of a sudden just because he

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Why all the hate for Bale all of a sudden just because h

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:49 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:As far as I know, he never said he was going to sign for city and has ended up making the best choice for him…..he did say he had had offers from a few clubs .
Yes I’m disappointed but not surprised.
Best of luck to him….he’s a once in a generation player for Wales and will always have my support.

You’re right he didn’t but then again he didn’t deny links with us, unlike Getafe.

His agent, and he, also said this wasn’t about money, yet he’s signed for $500k per week………….

This wasn’t about money until they received an offer that was way above what they had thought they would get.

I just want some honesty from the Bale camp. Just admit that the offer was too good to turn down.

At the moment the flak is aimed at the club which I think is unfair based on what we understand the situation to be.

You talk a lot of sense but in my opinion there should be no flak aimed at anyone, including our beloved club.

It could have been a great deal for us, but ultimately it turned out to be a great deal for Gareth and his agent. No sour grapes here, we move onwards and upwards.

Everthing for a reason and I have a sneaky feeling that this pantomime will harden the resolve of the team that Morison is compiling. Keep the faith. :bluebird:

Yep if he had come it would have created a Circus, lets be like Germany in the World cups, quietly build a TEAM, with no fancy in prima donna individuals and slip under the radar :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 am

Floppsy wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:As far as I know, he never said he was going to sign for city and has ended up making the best choice for him…..he did say he had had offers from a few clubs .
Yes I’m disappointed but not surprised.
Best of luck to him….he’s a once in a generation player for Wales and will always have my support.

You’re right he didn’t but then again he didn’t deny links with us, unlike Getafe.

His agent, and he, also said this wasn’t about money, yet he’s signed for $500k per week………….

This wasn’t about money until they received an offer that was way above what they had thought they would get.

I just want some honesty from the Bale camp. Just admit that the offer was too good to turn down.

At the moment the flak is aimed at the club which I think is unfair based on what we understand the situation to be.

I thought it was $30k a week, $1.5m a year, not $500k a week?

Depends who you believe ! Plenty of figures being bandied about.

If it's not for money it makes even less sense though !! This is a guy with calf and back spasm issues but is now a lengthy flight away from home. Further from family, further from Wales set-up and a season that finishes over a month before the World Cup starts so hardly going to be match ready !

Truth is that it's either the US club or his own sponsors that are making this about money. As a Wales fan I just hope this isn't a decision that he lives to regret.
piledriver64

Postby GaerBlue » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:28 am

He’s just as likely to get snapped out there by an American looking to make a name for himself than he is on the championship.

Can only see this ending up with him missing the World Cup. The pitches look shocking over there too. Very dry which won’t help him either. Would have preferred him to go to forest or somewhere instead.
GaerBlue

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:46 am

GaerBlue wrote:He’s just as likely to get snapped out there by an American looking to make a name for himself than he is on the championship.

Can only see this ending up with him missing the World Cup. The pitches look shocking over there too. Very dry which won’t help him either. Would have preferred him to go to forest or somewhere instead.

In a World Cup year, when the US are in our group, Wales most famous player, it could easily happen!
Bluebina

Postby Rambo No 5 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:23 am

piledriver64 wrote:If it's not for money it makes even less sense though !! This is a guy with calf and back spasm issues but is now a lengthy flight away from home. Further from family, further from Wales set-up and a season that finishes over a month before the World Cup starts so hardly going to be match ready !

He's not exactly flying economy with British Airways, is he? It's a good night's sleep on a chartered flight for him to arrive at the Wales set-up. A month's break between playing a domestic season and the World Cup is a perfect amount of time for him to recharge, address any niggles and ultimately, get in peak condition like every other Euros/World Cup.

Comical that a bunch of people on a message board think they have any idea about what's best for Bale and his family.
Rambo No 5

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:42 am

I think that our fanbase is just frustrated that someone like Bale could join our club. There is no one close to Bale in terms of international quality and i am like any other bluebird fan that I am just so disappointed because the last top quality signing we made was probably Craig Bellamy 10 years ago or more.

I think our fanbase should now concentrate on our season coming up giving our full support to manager Steve Morison who made up to 8-10 new signings. All but 1 are free signings but I feel that we are going to have a strong season coming up. :ayatollah:

As for Bale I think that regardless of what happens in the world cup I personally think he will probably retire after that. And then when he retires he will return home to Cardiff (probably) to live with family and play golf.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:56 am

Vincent Tan being quite open on TalkSport this morning.

Saying that originally “Bale wanted to come to Cardiff, it wasn’t about the money, he wanted to help his hometown club.”

Understands that LAFC’s offer was too lucrative in comparison.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vincent Tan being quite open on TalkSport this morning.

Saying that originally “Bale wanted to come to Cardiff, it wasn’t about the money, he wanted to help his hometown club.”

So in the end it was about the money for bale .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Yes it clearly was.
Pulisnewport

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:24 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yes it clearly was.

Not entirely sure,I don't think it was the deal from us more like his sponsor having a big say.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Rambo No 5 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Money, lifestyle, and probably opportunities that a year slogging it out in the Championship can't compete with. Why wouldn't you go and enjoy that for a year or so to finish out your career? He owes absolutely nothing to Cardiff.
Rambo No 5

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:51 pm

Rambo No 5 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Money, lifestyle, and probably opportunities that a year slogging it out in the Championship can't compete with. Why wouldn't you go and enjoy that for a year or so to finish out your career? He owes absolutely nothing to Cardiff.

He was born here, brought up here, went to school here, was idolised by Cardiff fans, hs friends and family are here, already a multi millionaire, he could have been a Cardiff City legend, I think most of us in his position would have played for Cardiff and not been motivated by the money?
Bluebina

Postby Rambo No 5 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:He was born here, brought up here, went to school here, was idolised by Cardiff fans, hs friends and family are here, already a multi millionaire, he could have been a Cardiff City legend, I think most of us in his position would have played for Cardiff and not been motivated by the money?

I should've been more clear, he owes Cardiff City football club absolutely nothing. None of us can come close to comprehending what it's like to be in his position. Take off the rose-tinted goggles and realise that he has no allegiance to this club, he'd be a club legend wherever he ended up.
Rambo No 5

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:15 pm

Rambo No 5 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:He was born here, brought up here, went to school here, was idolised by Cardiff fans, hs friends and family are here, already a multi millionaire, he could have been a Cardiff City legend, I think most of us in his position would have played for Cardiff and not been motivated by the money?

I should've been more clear, he owes Cardiff City football club absolutely nothing. None of us can come close to comprehending what it's like to be in his position. Take off the rose-tinted goggles and realise that he has no allegiance to this club, he'd be a club legend wherever he ended up.

Sorry can’t agree with you, he’s a talented lad but could never be in the same boots as “Peter Whittingham” at this club as a legend :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:22 pm

Rambo No 5 wrote:

They don't like him at Real Madrid and the yanks will have forgotten about him a year or two, Bellamy and Whitts are Legends even McNaughton, Bale will be remembered for choosing the Bob Bobbly League or whatever it is, instead of helping his home City Club, his choice, I think it might work out better for us anyway in the long run, the Circus might have unsettled the squad, and an injury can happen at any time he's missed a lot of games.
Bluebina

Postby Floppsy » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:20 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Rambo No 5 wrote:

They don't like him at Real Madrid and the yanks will have forgotten about him a year or two, Bellamy and Whitts are Legends even McNaughton, Bale will be remembered for choosing the Bob Bobbly League or whatever it is, instead of helping his home City Club, his choice, I think it might work out better for us anyway in the long run, the Circus might have unsettled the squad, and an injury can happen at any time he's missed a lot of games.

He was motivated by the whole package, which includes money, season timings length of contract and possible extentions. He's played in LA with Real Madrid and expressed an interest in playing there before. The opportunity came along and he took it. Who can blame him.
Floppsy

Postby JulesK » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:14 am

He can make it all better by buying us a striker or two :lol:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Previous

Return to General Chat