Why all the hate for Bale all of a sudden just because he

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:46 am

Why all the hate for Bale all of a sudden just because he didn’t sign for us Cardiff City ?

He’s still the Welsh Captain and we need him fit for November - I’m as gutted as anyone but unbelievable how people turn - when he scores in the World Cup ( hopefully) all the double headers will be cheering him - fickle as f**k !!

There was a lot of other factors involved, than just money.

Our Country needs Bale, so we need to fully back him and be United.

Just move on
Attachments
30EF83AB-9231-4A3C-B162-87FD430CEAF5.jpeg
30EF83AB-9231-4A3C-B162-87FD430CEAF5.jpeg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 6477 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Why all the hate for Bale all of a sudden just because h

Postby Mulberry » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:55 am

Hmm, further to my reply in the Dalman thread...

Wales' kit sponsor is Adidas...

I wouldn't mind deffo betting that Bale's Adidas contract may have been frustrated by him pulling on kit from a competitor company, albeit a much smaller firm.

This, I firmly believe is why Adidas was at the root of the 'complications' in contract negotiations for CCFC - I know it might be a simplified view - but look how quick the big sportwear/corporate outfits drop their 'stars' if something is amiss or leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
Mulberry

Postby Rambo No 5 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:56 am

It’s pathetic mate. I hope he tears the league apart and starts to really enjoy his football (outside of Wales) again. If it means we might get another few years out of him in a Wales shirt I couldn’t give a monkeys where he decides to play.
Rambo No 5

Postby City slicker27 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:57 am

The entire thing became pretty ridiculous but some of the posts I've seen since are absolutely pathetic.
City slicker27

Postby The Cobra » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:00 am

I for one aint too bothered he aint coming, it would be the Bale show, Bale this Bale that and so on. Anyway unlike Rambo dont see much connection with us, other than where hes brought up and uncle, but many born and raised close to Cardiff dont follow us, I identify him more with Southampton than us after 1st seeing him play for them at left back at Ninian Park many years ago!
The Cobra

Postby rontom » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:Why all the hate for Bale all of a sudden just because he didn’t sign for us Cardiff City ?

He’s still the Welsh Captain and we need him fit for November - I’m as gutted as anyone but unbelievable how people turn - when he scores in the World Cup ( hopefully) all the double headers will be cheering him - fickle as f**k !!

There was a lot of other factors involved, than just money.

Our Country needs Bale, so we need to fully back him and be United.

Just move on

Could not agree more, people are saying it is money but I honestly think that the commercial contracts he was in was the main factor in him not signing. The main contract being the Adidas one, we have changed supplier this year so under his contract with Adidas I don't think he would be allowed to wear our one, just my thoughts, which could be way of the mark.
But as said in the OP post the reason we supported him was he is the welsh captain we need him in the World Cup and lets hope he can deliver a performance that will get us cheering him.
rontom

Postby gagsey » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:05 am

People like you didn't help the matter saying he definitely wanted to come to Cardiff when that clearly was not the case. Too many people on this board think they are in the know when they know nothing
gagsey

Postby Jupiter » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:10 am

The USA are in Wales's World Cup Group

Strategically it makes sense for Bale to be on reconnaissance there

The US season ends in February, so there is always a possibility he comes on loan at the end of the season
Jupiter

Postby Rambo No 5 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:12 am

Jupiter wrote:US season ends in February, so there is always a possibility he comes on loan at the end of the season

Think you’re setting up a lot of people for disappointment here. It won’t happen.
Rambo No 5

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:13 am

gagsey wrote:People like you didn't help the matter saying he definitely wanted to come to Cardiff when that clearly was not the case. Too many people on this board think they are in the know when they know nothing

100% Bale wanted to originally come, but things change drastically in football and in life, I am not going to go through it all again.

Did not everyone also believe he wanted to come, from Sky, Talk Sport, Local Media and fans? ?

But hatred towards Bale is out of order.

I know that he Never had meetings with Steve Morison or anyone from our club a fact.

If you don’t like the posters on the forum, it’s simple stay off.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby GaerBlue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:15 am

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a world class player and in his prime he was up there with the best of the best. Apart from the 3 goals, which took us to the WC finals, he’s looked a shadow of the player he was from a couple of years back. Of course I would have loved him to sign here, but there was always a worry in the back of my mind and I’m sure others felt it too, that he wasn’t going to cut it on the pitch for us. We may have only seen him a handful of times and if much prefer Tanner to be starting every game and developing than having to drop out to accommodate Bale for a game here and there.

I’m all for him coming here at the end of his career, but he’s 32 and I’d like to think he has an eye on the euros. Really needs to get himself fit though, if he is firing in the World Cup then we’ve got as good a chance as anybody.
GaerBlue

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:42 am

Somebody needs to come out with all the facts as to what went on. And I’m not talking about posters on this forum. If Bale or his representatives could clear the air that be great, thanks. :lol:
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby Robbiebluebird » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:45 am

tbh, if Bale was down doing photo shoot for L.A, then I presume the deal had be done for awhile. If anything, we were doing a bit of a hail mary as we had nothing to lose. The media hype alone would have got players to talk to us, even if SM still had to sell them his vision. People already had in there heads that Bale was a Cardiff player and became emotionally attached to the idea, so felt betrayed when he didn't sign, though Bale had given no commitment to Cardiff. Not saying anyone in the know was lying, but they can only say what they hear, and whose to say who they hear it from also weren't giving into the hype a bit. Because we didnt sign Bale after weeks of build up whatever we do now is going to seem a bit of a let down, but we have to keep perspective. We've started the transfer window of relatively well in what is going to be a crucial re-building year and there's still alot of time to go yet. Instead of this bitterness that a genuinely world class player who still has it in him, didnt sign for a championship club for no salary, and instead signed for a club that will pay a tone in a league where he is less likely to get injured before the world cup, we should be grateful for what he and every other Welsh player has done in the last decade!
Robbiebluebird

Postby JulesK » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:47 am

Think a lot Annis is the way it was seen to be done, not dismissing us early,photo shoot at our training ground, people second guessing etc etc , but do think this isn't the end of this saga!!
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby goats » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:49 am

It was probably pencilled in weeks ago, maybe even months. Some people looking a bit daft today hey, like ‘it’s happening’
goats

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:50 am

JulesK wrote:Think a lot Annis is the way it was seen to be done, not dismissing us early,photo shoot at our training ground, people second guessing etc etc , but do think this isn't the end of this saga!!

I do think your right Jules, Bale should of said something.

But I heard his agent handled the whole thing.

I heard a couple of days ago Bale was not coming and put it out on here gently as No really good news and gutted and that there was only a 30% chance.

I was just hoping Bale might reconsider.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:Think a lot Annis is the way it was seen to be done, not dismissing us early,photo shoot at our training ground, people second guessing etc etc , but do think this isn't the end of this saga!!

I heard a couple of days ago Bale was not coming and put it out on here gently as No really good news and gutted and that there was only a 30% chance.

I think that’s the point.

He dismissed Getafe out of hand and openly, why not do the same to us ?

Personally I think the deal was all ready but then the agent smelt the $$ and they were at a level that they hadn’t anticipated getting at this stage.

What I am p^##€d off about is the direct quote “it’s not about money”. It clearly is as there’s no other advantage of going to the US.

This is the same agent that thought a move to China 2 years out from the World Cup was a good idea !!

No problem in making the decision but just be honest. His last big money move that he decided he couldn’t turn down. Any other explanations are just rubbish.
piledriver64

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:58 am

We are all making it up as we go along again.....

He hasn't even publically signed
He hasn't had a presser
We don't know the decider in the decisions
We don't know if Adidas was a factor

Wales online and this board hyped the situation with all the look at me's I know something that you don't and it's the hope that kills. It was totally irrational to believe an elite player would end up in a struggling championship team, but the stories were continually there so the no smoke without theories start to grow.

Madrid > LAFC still on a mega bucks deal and no one would have batted an eyelid. Bale's team if they didn't stoke the fire could have extinguished it pretty quickly if they weren't using us as a deflection tool.

Bale has done nothing wrong, but something isn't quite right.
llan bluebird

Postby JulesK » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Understand that Annis but GB is a big boy now so if he wanted to come here he could tell his agent to make it happen.
Think it's going to come out as sponsorship deal messed us up.
Anyway who needs Bale when we have Ralls .
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Einstein » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:00 am

For me it was the hope he gave everyone.

He should've just ruled us out saying the championship would not be good for him.

Instead we had, the smirks and the agent saying it was not about money when it clearly was about money and lifestyle.

Leaves a bad taste.
Einstein

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:01 am

llan bluebird wrote:We are all making it up as we go along again.....

He hasn't even publically signed
He hasn't had a presser
We don't know the decider in the decisions
We don't know if Adidas was a factor

Wales online and this board hyped the situation with all the look at me's I know something that you don't and it's the hope that kills. It was totally irrational to believe an elite player would end up in a struggling championship team, but the stories were continually there so the no smoke without theories start to grow.

Madrid > LAFC still on a mega bucks deal and no one would have batted an eyelid. Bale's team if they didn't stoke the fire could have extinguished it pretty quickly if they weren't using us as a deflection tool.

Bale has done nothing wrong, but something isn't quite right.

He has publically signed, it’s all over his own social media channels !

This is a decision driven by nothing other than money.
piledriver64

Postby nojac » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:01 am

Well I agree that the addidas contract (with Bale) was a big part of the negotiations . Well at least our new kit as got it right . NB No Bale :)
nojac

Postby Don Keydick » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:04 am

Can't blame him for going to California, it's got a wonderful climate and plenty of golf courses, and their league is a semi retirement home for footballers. No pressure at all as he would have had in the Premier league. I never thought for a minute that we would get him at city, it was a nice dream and it's the press who have been full of it. Hope he's fit for our world cup campaign. Mind you, I wonder when people have enough money, because that has to have been a huge factor to move to LA.
Don Keydick

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:05 am

Agree with the OP; and you could have prepopulated a list of certain posters that would start the slating and accusations...

Like they knew any better than those of us trying to find out from the modernly secret world of the Bluebird Board and a traditionally intravert Gareth Bale

What I will say is that one man got it spot on last Thursday and the news provider took pelters for putting it out...

As he would say, hmmmmm... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby CantonStandBob » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:06 am

I don't see it as hatred at all, I see it as disappointment and fans lashing out a bit at him because lets be honest he could have stopped this a while back if he knew he was never going to sign. As a club he owes us nothing, but as a Welshman from this city I do think he should have maybe handled it better especially the "I can't really say" whilst smiling interview which is what started this mass social media frenzy with fans. I still like Bale, as I am sure all of us do. Peoples disappointment will die down but there will he no hatred towards him at all from our fans.
CantonStandBob

Postby bluelover » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:07 am

It has been stated that the contract negotiations with City was a complicated one and as Adidas are shirt sponsors to both Wales and LA FC and with Bale contracted to Adidas and with them having been good to him during his last few difficult years at Real Madrid it is quite possible that this had a significant impact. Who knows what would have happened if City hadn’t changed sponsors but possibly the 12 month contract with an option for another 18 months at LA FC is linked to the ending of his contract with Adidas and then Bale can then look at possibly signing for us in a year’s time. This could explain Dalman’s good luck and your always welcome statement
bluelover

Postby royalblue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:16 am

For me the speculation should of been cooled off before the hype got to the level it did, as a result Cardiff City fans yet again are taking a total roasting on social media sites etc..Got to feel sorry for Morison also because with no money available its his job now to lift the place when the situation was totally out of his hands. The fans of this great football club deserve better but it always seems to end in disappointment. I don't hate Bale understand living in L.A is great opportunity and lifestyle and he will always be a Welsh legend. I am disappointed with the handling of the situation in regard to our fan base. Bale doesn't need any more money and could of made a massive difference but its his life he owes us nothing. Again can't hate Bale just more gutted he doesn't feel the same way as we do about this great football club if he did with 120m ish in the bank he would do it for nothing. That's not Bales problem that's my problem to deal with as a fan. Gutted but now just got to move on. :bluescarf:
ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE
royalblue

Postby theclaw » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:41 am

Look all the best to him and his money loaded adventure.At the end of the day Wales need him fit and firing for November.
I’m just disappointed the way he has led us a merry dance when he could have Nipped it in the bud as soon as he new.
Really didn’t think he had that in him"
theclaw

Postby New Day Rising » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:42 am

I don't think it's hatred just normal human behaviour to lash put verbally when faced with disappointment..

A lot of City fans were convinced from the own players little hints he was coming that for me is not professional behaviour.

Gareth should perhaps think about the massive impact he'd would have delivered in the minds of youngsters and potential new City fans drawn to our club if he signed.....

Never had him down as a hard core City fan anyways..
New Day Rising

Postby bluelover » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:47 am

Bale is on a £4m+ multi year contract with Adidas so may well have had a significant impact on his negotiations with Cardiff.

https://www.totalsportal.com/money/gare ... -deal/amp/
bluelover

Next

Return to General Chat