CCFC TEAM NEXT SEASON : (1) As it stands we

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:30 am

CCFC TEAM NEXT SEASON :

(1) As it stands we have a roster of 29 players …… these are 20 already in from last season and 9 new signings .

(2) I believe 2 more players will be signed (say Sean Morison or Che Nunnely or….. ) . Also and very significantly , Morison will be looking to add 3 to 5 loan players …..these can be our most potent hope this season.

(3) I expect Dillon Phillips to depart and 5 players to be sent out on loan (Sang , Semenyo , King , Evans and Zimba).

(4) if my assessment is right , then we will have a team of 28-30 players ….. too many ….when we are ideally looking to have a 25 player team . Hmm….where am I wrong ?

*(5) My Prediction :

# I believe we will not make the top third (ie top 8) . # If Morison is inspired (yet again) with his choice of loan players …….. and … if he succeeds in getting his new look team to gel together and play as a unit …….. then we will finish in the middle third (ie 9 to 16 ).

# If Morison does not do so well with his loan players and/or he does not get his best team to blend together well …….then we will finish in the lower third . (ie 17 and below).

# Could we be relegated ?

I do not think so , because there are some weak teams out there , plus there are teams who are being forced (financially) to lose their best players plus -I believe - that one or two clubs will face point deduction.
Attachments
5CF44261-BB16-497D-910C-8F380D9DD8E5.jpeg
5CF44261-BB16-497D-910C-8F380D9DD8E5.jpeg (93.2 KiB) Viewed 6502 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CCFC TEAM NEXT SEASON : (1) As it stands

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:31 am

:bluebird:

STEVE MORISON - EXCITING SEASON :

First I must say hats off to Steve Morison who has assembled a team without spending a penny , while at the same time getting rid of 10 high earners (in the main).

So good luck and all the best to him.

I admire that because he showed compliance with Tan’s new policy of cutting the wage bill to a rock bottom minimum. Obviously this would not have been Morison’s choice ….but he rolled up his sleeves and got on with it …… with not a word of complaint ….and in fact time and again he spoke of his excitement about who he signed.

On the other hand - just like the majority of our players - he knows and feels very lucky and grateful to be given a chance to make a name for himself and show what he can do. In normal circumstances he and many of our existing players will not be getting the opportunity to perform at a team like CCFC .

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783
Attachments
51CB3D9F-1912-4AA9-AEB8-64DB4ACC5D3F.jpeg
51CB3D9F-1912-4AA9-AEB8-64DB4ACC5D3F.jpeg (213.91 KiB) Viewed 6498 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:34 am

Attachments
C2AF690A-3873-4DEA-8E18-4C5F624580FD.jpeg
C2AF690A-3873-4DEA-8E18-4C5F624580FD.jpeg (64.43 KiB) Viewed 6459 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:46 am

YOUR PREDICTIONS: ??
Attachments
0E22187E-65A9-4B3C-AADB-1575E0414C70.jpeg
0E22187E-65A9-4B3C-AADB-1575E0414C70.jpeg (69.98 KiB) Viewed 6290 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:00 am

Good posts Annis and I can't really argue with any of the points. I do think we will utilise loans well again and finish in the top half.
The key for me is we are adding pace. We have been crying out for pace all over the team for years.
A pacey CB would be great though
Bambasbestbuddy22

Postby EastleighBlue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:03 am

I agree with that summary. So far the overhaul has been refreshing and exciting. The team will certainly have more legs and energy next year. For me the key to any success is strikers, strikers, strikers. We need quality and championship know-how or we will struggle. Hugil and Uche helped to recscue the team in the second half of last season. Let's see if Morison can pull a rabbit out of the hat again!
EastleighBlue

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:16 am

He has assembled a team from Lidl but we lack quality in key areas
We have to address the striker situation - Harris and Collins need to be shipped out - simply not good enough

The plan is a huge gamble - I will support whatever but quality is lacking in my opinion
Mr Moo Cow

Postby Einstein » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:22 am

I think it's bottom third ATM.

The team is no better than last year, we desperately need a striker who scores at a rate of 1 in 3.

I do fear for us. Ralls signed, he had one great game last year...

As Annis says, loans are the key.

I think Morrison sees NG, Denham and Nelson as our back three.

I see us finishing 18th

I have my season ticket, so fingers crossed.

Oh and stop the Ramsey talk everyone, never happening, always injured.
Einstein

Postby Liles93 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:37 am

I have been feeling quite good about the team actually, I dunno if it's because of the clear-out and a fresh start, but attracting players with International caps and from some European teams always feels nice. I think getting Nunnely over the line would be really good.

As you said Annis, I reckon middle third is realistic. It's hard to say how the team will gel, but perhaps with good loans you could hit top 10 and tickle the playoffs throughout the season.

Obviously gutted about Bale but it always felt like a long shot. I think we may get Ramsey for his retirement season like we did with Bellamy, but it doesn't feel like that's this year to me. We can but wait and see!

Excited to see how the team does and wishing Morison all the best with his new signings, let's surprise some people! :ayatollah:
Liles93

Postby JulesK » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:40 am

Play off spot.( You heard it here.)

COYB.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby City slicker27 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:55 am

With loans we will probably see another 6/7 players coming in. The squad will probably be completely different again before the season starts so its pretty irrelevant predicting how the current squad will do.

We do need a ball playing CB though and 2 strikers.
City slicker27

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:33 am

We have increased the average speed of the team and that is important to me.

I think this is a huge season for Colwell, the talent is undoubted but it's the application. He has a real first-team pre-season, SM can work out how to maximise the skill set. The midfield looks very mobile and quick to the ball.

I am not a huge fan of wingbacks as far too often it looks like 5 at the back with two sitters in front of them, leaving a lot on the top 3, but SM likes it
llan bluebird

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:22 am

I think as it currently stands we’ll finish top half. Defensively we are no weaker, we have signed a proven championship RB in Romeo and also Campbell who is an unknown. CB’s we are no weaker and we’ve got rid of Flint who did not suit the way we’re trying to play. We’ve got Nelson, McGuinness, Ng and Denham as it stands. At LB we’ve signed Collins who has played in the Bundesliga so will be a decent signing with Bagan as his back up.
In CM we are very strong now, with Ralls, Wintle and Rinomhota all very good proven championship players. Add to that Ebou Adams who could be a real gem. In the wide areas were still lacking though, but this all depends on what shape we’re playing our width came from our wing backs last season. But the player who we’ve signed who is a wide player and I’m most excited about is Ollie Tanner. Up front is definitely our weakest area but I expect this will be Morison’s key area, although I am really excited to see what Max Watters can do this season, due to the change in the way we’re going to play. I think his movement is the best we’ve seen in a striker in many years. I don’t think Collins or Harris are up to it, and wouldn’t be fussed is they went. Add to all that our youngsters Colwill and Davies from last season, who will only get better but really need to nail down where they are going to play. On the current squad we’ve got so far my starting line up would be:-

GK Allsopp/Alnwick (don’t know enough about either to choose. And I’d imagine Phillips is going)
RB Romeo
CB McGuinnes
CB Nelson
LB Collins
CDM Wintle
CM Rinomhota
CM Ralls
RW Davies
ST Watters
LW Tanner

On paper the midfield and defence is very strong with strength in depth and with our relative unknowns up top it excites me. And the reason I think we’ll finish top half as it stands is because our base is good, and with the brand of football Morison wants to play he’s building a squad that finally compliments it.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:25 pm

Fair assessment that. Striker is priority and some pacey winger and a cb
gwentbluebirds

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:30 pm

There is always a surprise team for example Luton last season so maybe it could be City.
We will know more after 10 games as that is usually a good indicator to how strong the team is (although Forest were the exception to that rule last season
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:32 pm

We are lacking a creative midfielder and strikers, possibly another CB. At this moment in time, I’d still say we are way off and mid table at best. Obviously we got the loan market to use to our advantage. Let’s hope we make the most of it.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby pipster » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:45 pm

Other than the sideshows of Bale and Ramsey not happening, it will be interesting to see how we shape up. A team of battlers short on ability compared to other teams, or will Morison go for style over agression.
Eitherway it will intersting to see what he can do. 9 players in plus loans and 10 or so out the door.
pipster

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:02 pm

Really tricky to make predictions before the window shuts particularly when your manager only had half a squad left and very little budget :lol:

However, I am starting to get quite optimistic about next season. I think the players coming in have a lot of potential to be better than Pack, Bacuna, Murphy, Vaulks, etc.

But the absolute key for me is how we add the right level of quality, particularly upfront, using the loan market.

I'd like to see an established Championship forward and a good, young, Prem kid signed. If we get that and an experienced centre back then I actually see us in the top half of the table because I really think Morison is attacking this in the right way and being brave.

The problem is that we may have to wait for those Prem loan signings. Every season the Prem clubs wait until they know what their first team looks like before loaning anyone out. I have a feeling we're all going to get a bit nervous come middle of August if we're still waiting :roll: :lol: :lol:
piledriver64

Return to General Chat