Cardiff City Chairman Dalman:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:30 pm

“We wish Gareth the very best, want to see him get fit and do well for Wales at the World Cup.
"We hope he plays really well and that Wales also do well as a result.
"Gareth will always be welcome at Cardiff whenever he feels it's his time.”
Attachments
E1EB9453-6D06-4438-8F0F-C3C701C475E0.jpeg
E1EB9453-6D06-4438-8F0F-C3C701C475E0.jpeg (60.3 KiB) Viewed 8466 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City Chairman Dalman:

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:31 pm

Fook bale in 1 year to 2 years he will be over the hill ,I think Bale has blown it with us .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:56 pm

Agree with his first 2 sentences.

The 3rd doesn't sit entirely well with me really. We want players here who WANT to be here.

Sure I'll support any player who pulls on the shirt but we were clearly seen as unsuitable now so what's going to change GB's mind in a year or two to make us a suitable destination? Other than £££ but we obviously don't have that
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:13 pm

For Dalman to come out and make a statement it shows that we were in conversation with bale or his agent. I’d love to know what we offered.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:16 pm

Where is this statement from? I can’t find anything on it.

Never mind just saw it on wales online.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:19 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:For Dalman to come out and make a statement it shows that we were in conversation with bale or his agent. I’d love to know what we offered.

Whatever we offered was never going to compete with LA doubt if any premier league club could either. From what I gleam it's not so much about money as he was not one of the exemptions from salary cap so whilst more than city it wasn't what he was on previously unless of course Adidas upped his contract for joining a club they help sponsor ? Cant help feel money is behind this movie more think about it..
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:Fook bale in 1 year to 2 years he will be over the hill ,I think Bale has blown it with us .

Agree
Bakedalasker

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Fook bale in 1 year to 2 years he will be over the hill ,I think Bale has blown it with us .

Agree

I certainly wouldn't want him here next season something is not right with whole saga it wasnt about money so what was it about?
pembroke allan

Postby davids » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Agree

I certainly wouldn't want him here next season something is not right with whole saga it wasnt about money so what was it about?

Money :thumbup:
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:43 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Agree

Money :thumbup:

Unquestionably but who will be honest enough to say so? Be BS about opportunity ect ect n doubt.
pembroke allan

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:59 pm

Thanks Mehmet you played a blinder mate, now sod off back to Monaco

How much do we pay this clown??
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Northwalesblues » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:00 pm

Very disappointing all round.
Don’t know how true this is but if GB’s real objective is to see how far we (Wales) can go in the World Cup then at this time playing for us, if only for a dozen or so games is the best opportunity he will get to be fully match fit, let’s face it both he and Rambo have had a miserable season, with little or no game time and that showed in the recent games, fabulous players both, but GB ain’t going to get it in the MLS and neither would probably get much match time in the PL, at least not before the end of October. Both, especially GB are in the realms of super rich, more money than they and their kids can spend in 50 lifetimes, so why not make yourself a local hero…..priceless :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Remember Hungary are championship level, play championship football and gave England a sound thrashing
Northwalesblues

Postby Igovernor » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:03 pm

As ABBA sang.
Money, Money, Money!
Igovernor

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:07 pm

Igovernor wrote:As ABBA sang.
Money, Money, Money!

Yeah, Money, Money, Money, It’s A Rich Clubs World…
RICK+CCFC

Postby montyblue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:08 pm

He' d be kicked to shit in the championship but usa are in our group in world cup so maybe someone might want to nobble him. Worse thing about the whole thing is jacks laughing there heads off.
montyblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:09 pm

Northwalesblues wrote:Very disappointing all round.
Don’t know how true this is but if GB’s real objective is to see how far we (Wales) can go in the World Cup then at this time playing for us, if only for a dozen or so games is the best opportunity he will get to be fully match fit, let’s face it both he and Rambo have had a miserable season, with little or no game time and that showed in the recent games, fabulous players both, but GB ain’t going to get it in the MLS and neither would probably get much match time in the PL, at least not before the end of October. Both, especially GB are in the realms of super rich, more money than they and their kids can spend in 50 lifetimes, so why not make yourself a local hero…..priceless :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Remember Hungary are championship level, play championship football and gave England a sound thrashing

That is how I have been seeing it while all this has been going on.

He would have got up to speed with us, it was all about his fitness level. He would have got game time unlike in the Premier where I believe he would have been on the bench most of the time. We need him match fit for the World cup and I don't believe we are going ot see that inn Qatar now.
Bakedalasker

Postby JulesK » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:11 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Thanks Mehmet you played a blinder mate, now sod off back to Monaco

Why blame him?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby royalblue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:11 pm

Fook off Dalman! useless. :thumbup:
ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE
royalblue

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:20 pm

JulesK wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Thanks Mehmet you played a blinder mate, now sod off back to Monaco

Why blame him?

Because he’s our chairman who we never see or hear from..

He flew over to get the deal done and didn’t
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:22 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
JulesK wrote:

Why blame him?

Oh jeez. Have you heard the contract he’s signed up for in LA mate?
He doesn’t seem to do much and I’m not a fan but don’t think he can be blamed for this one.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:27 pm

montyblue wrote:He' d be kicked to shit in the championship but usa are in our group in world cup so maybe someone might want to nobble him. Worse thing about the whole thing is jacks laughing there heads off.

Monty, ignore the Jacks; they were shitting themselves it was going to happen... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:40 pm

Igovernor wrote:As ABBA sang.
Money, Money, Money!

Roger this was about him and nobody else! His wifes back home with kids in school mother and friends nearby.... she is use to him not being around for long periods why should going to LA be any different.... you do suspect city was never an option and LA was decided ages ago before Dalman meeting which I feel was a cursory one
knowing we were interested in helping him be fit for wc? but in reality mind already made up the jet set life of plastic city was to great to turn down ...
pembroke allan

Postby JulesK » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:44 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
JulesK wrote:

Why blame him?

So you would have been happy if he blew all our finances and maybe broke FFP just to get this done.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby castleblue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:44 pm

I'm no fan of Dalman but in my opinion he never really had a snowballs chance of getting a deal to sign GB because of personal endorsement contracts GB is signed into, in other words money has won the day here. His agent indicated in the week that there were complications which meant things were not straightforward but despite this the local media put 2 and 2 together and got 58.

Over the years GB has earned a great deal of money from these endorsements and I think the companies are holding him to those contractual obligations.

It was always a dream but it's time to move on and get behind SM and our new look team.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:49 pm

castleblue wrote:I'm no fan of Dalman but in my opinion he never really had a snowballs chance of getting a deal to sign GB because of personal endorsement contracts GB is signed into, in other words money has won the day here. His agent indicated in the week that there were complications which meant things were not straightforward but despite this the local media put 2 and 2 together and got 58.

Over the years GB has earned a great deal of money from these endorsements and I think the companies are holding him to those contractual obligations.

It was always a dream but it's time to move on and get behind SM and our new look team.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

The more you read into things the more it is about money whether endorsements or commercial contracts.. it was never about home life as left that behind as well? It's about him and no one else... think its time to stop blaming club as they could never compete with LA on any grounds... and tbh he will be forgotten come 31st July and new season starts.. cannot wait for it that's for sure.
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:15 pm

The problem with Dalman is that he lies like other people breathe, so it's very difficult to know when he's telling the truth.

He also has a lot of greed, as everyone knows.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bonner » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:20 pm

royalblue wrote:Fook off Dalman! useless. :thumbup:

very ignorant comment

Bale seems op have used us
Bonner

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The problem with Dalman is that he lies like other people breathe, so it's very difficult to know when he's telling the truth.

He also has a lot of greed, as everyone knows.

Ned if you read club statement it is becoming more clearer that the complications mentioned are down to GB commercial contracts! It appears what we offered was acceptable but companies like Adidas wanted pound of flesh and no matter what we offered it was not going to change the situation which I believe was settled before Dalmans meeting hence he got blamed for not taking talks further because he couldn't....dalman's statement is extremely short and non explanatory which hadnt helped... anyway life goes on and we got rolls now.. :lol:
pembroke allan

Postby piledriver64 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:33 pm

To be honest I think this has Bale’s agent written all over it and Bale just following his lead. This is the agent who thought securing Bale a move to China was a good career move, nothing to do with money at all.

I was told back in April this was happening and I firmly believe that was the case.

However, since then his agent has probably discovered that there’s a whole lot more money to be made out of his client before he retires and pushed him in that direction.

Let’s be honest, whether you like the CCFC owners or not, this move does not make any sense for Bale as a player, person or for Wales. It makes sense money wise though.

It’s really disappointing having our hopes dashed but if this was not about money then he would have signed for us, simple.

Unless Morison/Bale come out with a statement that they couldn’t agree on the football side of things then money was the issue.

Bellamy could have made more money elsewhere but he chose to come to us. That’s commitment.

The worst thing is that recruitment is ramping up and getting exciting yet now there’s a bit of a downer on everything. We’ve been played by an agent but, let’s be honest, this would have been the cherry on the cake, the rebuilding has to continue.

I bet my last quid that Ramsey wouldn’t have let it got to this stage, whether it was going to happen or not.

Onwards and upwards but unless I hear some massive justification for this decision I’d rather I didn’t see Bale in a City shirt now, let him retire after his “filthy lucre” tour of the US and Qatar !!
piledriver64

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:03 pm

JulesK wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
JulesK wrote:

Why blame him?

So you would have been happy if he blew all our finances and maybe broke FFP just to get this done.

No I’m annoyed because he’s supposed to be our Chairman yet he lives abroad, we never see or hear from him and he failed to close this deal after flying over to handle the negotiations

He’s a waste of space

I
oohahhPaulMillar

Next

Return to General Chat