Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Now let's move on "

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:03 pm

I am very disapointed with Gareth Bale for him and his agent to say it has nothing to do with money it was a complete lie.
There is nothing to be gained by going the usa except money. As i have posted before 6 weeks without a game to get fit. The only way to get fit is to play games.
He could have said in the very beginging I will not be signing for city :banghead:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:05 pm

rontom wrote:
Sven wrote:
Floppsy wrote:I doubt we were even close to signing him, or even a serious option.
All of the hype of the last few days has stemmed from someone noticing a private plane from Spain landing at Cardiff and Bale bumping into Steve Morison at the Vale.
Time to move on and let the manager build a team and style around the signings he's made, without any distractions and have a decent season.

I can see where you are coming from and my feeling is that as a club we may have been 'used' a little by the agent rather than the player...

Part of the report is wrong, as we 100% know Dalman had the conversation with Jonathan Barnett; and both have alluded to that

We also know via one of the more respected sources (not Abbandanato, then ;) ) the supposed Morison Bale meeting was literally two people passing in the same corridor for different reasons

It's also confusing why Bale would not play down any move to us, if it was never going to happen?

I'm not sure the truth will ever out, as both sides will 'spin' accordingly but the world is now Gareth Bale's Galaxy!

It doesn't diminish my respect for Gareth Bale as a player but this is certainly his last club in football and we move on

Ahem, I mean last club in SOCCER...! :wave:

If he had said he was not coming to us, then possibly his agent would not have had such a good deal from LA that could be the reason

Yes, that's what I was suggesting :thumbright:

A few now claiming Bale was never open to joining the Bluebirds are well wide of the mark; but the indicators are that a late but undeniably great deal to move to Los Angeles (a better city than some on here give it credit) was perhaps enhanced by the Bluebird links

Don't blame anyone involved for looking after themselves and I'll move on with the disappointment a lot easier than I might have anticipated a few days ago... :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:07 pm

Gareth Bale has already signed main part of paperworks with Los Angeles FC, done deal - contract until June 2023 with an option to extend also included

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:09 pm

Sven wrote:
Floppsy wrote:I doubt we were even close to signing him, or even a serious option.
All of the hype of the last few days has stemmed from someone noticing a private plane from Spain landing at Cardiff and Bale bumping into Steve Morison at the Vale.
Time to move on and let the manager build a team and style around the signings he's made, without any distractions and have a decent season.

I can see where you are coming from and my feeling is that as a club we may have been 'used' a little by the agent rather than the player...

Part of the report is wrong, as we 100% know Dalman had the conversation with Jonathan Barnett; and both have alluded to that

We also know via one of the more respected sources (not Abbandanato, then ;) ) the supposed Morison Bale meeting was literally two people passing in the same corridor for different reasons

It's also confusing why Bale would not play down any move to us, if it was never going to happen?

I'm not sure the truth will ever out, as both sides will 'spin' accordingly but the world is now Gareth Bale's Galaxy!

It doesn't diminish my respect for Gareth Bale as a player but this is certainly his last club in football and we move on

Maybe Bale enjoyed watching the hype and speculation.
I agree with about his agent. Whilst he's representing Bale, he's also representing himself in a way and looking for a decent return for himself. I doubt we could do that.
As for people saying it's all about the money, it's worth people remembering that he donated £1/2m during covid to uhw and I think a similar amount to a Spanish hospital too.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:11 pm

Massive downer on our season already. 15k crowds this season unfortunately.
Last edited by OwainGlyndŵr123 on Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:11 pm

Sven wrote:
rontom wrote:
Sven wrote:

If he had said he was not coming to us, then possibly his agent would not have had such a good deal from LA that could be the reason

A few now claiming Bale was never open to joining the Bluebirds are well wide of the mark; but the indicators are that a late but undeniably great deal to move to Los Angeles (a better city than some on here give it credit) was perhaps enhanced by the Bluebird links

Don't blame anyone involved for looking after themselves and I'll move on with the disappointment a lot easier than I might have anticipated a few days ago... :bluescarf:

I still can't work out why they never killed the rumour if we are playing in different spheres and let's face it we were.

Even though he has done nothing wrong it leaves a weird taste in my mouth.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:24 pm

Is this official?
If so why didn't he knock it on the head immediately out of respect as he did for that other Spanish bunch?
Hey ho... NEXT.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:28 pm

Money
Wales
Golf

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:23 pm

Bale to City, I don't think it would have worked,he d have got clogged early on and not made World cup anyway, and we would have been a target every team would have tried hard against us,. Remember Fowler , no a non starter I m afraid

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:27 pm

Agreed, at least we can stop all of the nonsense. It’s been great fun to even have been linked to him but he was never going to sign for us. He can still make a lot of money out of football and has earned the right to go and have one last pay day. He won’t be able to have the luxury of demanding such money in a few years. He can still stroll up at 34/35 and have a good season or two with us whilst living at home and doing hos coaching badges.

Time to focus on the squad we are assembling, which is starting to look really exciting. A ball playing centre back and a couple of strikers would be nice. Think we’re looking okay elsewhere at the moment.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:13 am

llan bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
rontom wrote:
Sven wrote:

I still can't work out why they never killed the rumour if we are playing in different spheres and let's face it we were.

Because it was never completely out of the question (the meeting with Dalman suggests that) until very late on; but I think a statement of explanation would be good to clear a few things up :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:25 am

Sven wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
rontom wrote:
Sven wrote:

Because it was never completely out of the question (the meeting with Dalman suggests that) until very late on; but I think a statement of explanation would be good to clear a few things up :ayatollah:

I suspect we won’t receive any clarification until his contract with Adidas ends

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:49 pm

Some should hold their hands up and give Dalman an apology on here but it'll never happen

Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:04 pm

JulesK wrote:Is this official?
If so why didn't he knock it on the head immediately out of respect as he did for that other Spanish bunch?
Hey ho... NEXT.

Because it was always on the cards.

For me it was a question of if they could resolve the Sponsorship deal. Its looking like that was a bridge to far. If this is what it is then for me its screwed up any chance of us doing well in the World Cup as Bale will not get to the fitness level that we need of him.

I wont be buying any Adidas trainers again.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:46 pm

Put on another thread both GB and agent indicated that city was a distinct possibility ... but at no stage was anything said to dampen down the expectation of him coming here... at end day while he may have wished to come here big money talked (Adidas ect) what is required is a clarification of the decision leading to LA? He doesnt have to but fans would feel as if wasnt led on by him or agent...... instead all we got was him wearing LA shirt at citys training ground saying look at me I'm going to LA ... .. come start season this will be forgotten along with him. :old:

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Some should hold their hands up and give Dalman an apology on here but it'll never happen

Don't hold your breath mate he would get the blame even if he wasn't in the room.lol

Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Put on another thread both GB and agent indicated that city was a distinct possibility ... but at no stage was anything said to dampen down the expectation of him coming here... at end day while he may have wished to come here big money talked (Adidas ect) what is required is a clarification of the decision leading to LA? He doesnt have to but fans would feel as if wasnt led on by him or agent...... instead all we got was him wearing LA shirt at citys training ground saying look at me I'm going to LA ... .. come start season this will be forgotten along with him. :old:

Well we need to move on and we will do. However, next time he is associated with a move to us well I for one wont want it to happen after all this.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:35 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Put on another thread both GB and agent indicated that city was a distinct possibility ... but at no stage was anything said to dampen down the expectation of him coming here... at end day while he may have wished to come here big money talked (Adidas ect) what is required is a clarification of the decision leading to LA? He doesnt have to but fans would feel as if wasnt led on by him or agent...... instead all we got was him wearing LA shirt at citys training ground saying look at me I'm going to LA ... .. come start season this will be forgotten along with him. :old:

Well we need to move on and we will do. However, next time he is associated with a move to us well I for one wont want it to happen after all this.

Tbh I hope he is not associated with us either but unfortunately he will be unless hes retiring after LA ...... the whole saga as been handled badly on his side .... a simple I have several offers Cardiff being one of them would have helped quell the expectation that was building.