What’s everyone’s views on this season?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Stef_CardiffBlue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:45 am

Personally for me if we don’t sign 2 strikers we will be down the bottom half most of the season as I don’t rate Watters or Collins both awful strikers at this level
Stef_CardiffBlue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: What’s everyone’s views on this season

Postby theclaw » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:56 am

Stef_CardiffBlue wrote:Personally for me if we don’t sign 2 strikers we will be down the bottom half most of the season as I don’t rate Watters or Collins both awful strikers at this level

I’m thinking about 10th but will change with a bit of quality :occasion5:
theclaw

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:02 am

If we can add a few more signings (A CB or maybe 2, a striker and this Dutch guy) then there's no reason we can't push for play offs?

Yes there will be a period where the new signings will need to get to know each other and how everyone plays but I'm honestly happy with the recruitment done so far
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Stef_CardiffBlue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:36 am

I’m hoping it’s not this Dutch guy if he has torn is ACL he won’t play until Xmas . Waste of money I think . Plenty of strikers and defenders available to bring in to boost the team. Midfield finally looking strong . Let’s hope Ralls signs a new deal and we will have a strong midfield
Stef_CardiffBlue

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am

Top 6 ,still probably 5 to 7 players to come in
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Stef_CardiffBlue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:15 am

Need 2 strikers a defender minimum . Need to ship out Watters Collins etc. mid looking strong now will Ralls the new boy from reading Wintle and ebou adams . Plenty of depth. Few wingers and forwards and could be a decent season
Stef_CardiffBlue

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:25 pm

I think we will be very competitive.

The modern game is won and lost in midfield and we had Ralls & Wintle with 2 players who ended up in L1, Bacuna and a kid who look lost at times but showed glimpses in the last few games (which can be expected)

Wintle, Ralls with Rinomhota are Championship proven, then we have one of the best L2 midfielders in Adams.

Huge season for Colwell. I think he is the real deal but still unsure where his best position is.

We still have the Bale and Rambo saga to run, then we have loans. Those 2 will help the quality of the loans as well.....

Can't wait.
llan bluebird

Postby royalblue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:34 pm

Still got the loan market potential also, so looking forward to the new season. A refreshed Cardiff City. :bluescarf:
ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE
royalblue

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:34 pm

I expect us to be top half with the current squad as it is. I have differing views from the OP as I think Watters looks like a very decent prospect, his movement is the best we’ve seen in a striker for a number of years. He hasn’t had a long run of games either and he’s still raw. But we definitely need one more striker as Harris and Collins are nowhere near good enough.
I like how our recruitment is adding key positions we need but also adding the depth. We’ve now got a very strong looking midfield, we’ve added two RB’s and also adding width in attacking areas which we lacked last season.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby MoodyBluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm

Do you honestly think the manager would recruit the number of decent players he has so far and not have plans to address the one area in which we're so obviously lacking ? Have some patience, it's still early days.
MoodyBluebird

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:19 pm

Far too early to tell, not even made use of our loan allocation yet and there's five weeks until the season starts - even longer before the window shuts.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Far too early to tell, not even made use of our loan allocation yet and there's five weeks until the season starts - even longer before the window shuts.

I agree.

We don't know most of the players that have been brought in so I don't know how people can say we'll finish 10th or 6th or whatever.

Especially as there are more to come especially up front hopefully.

We could bomb or do really well but I'm pretty sure we'll be competitive.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:52 am

Currently bottom end if I go off paper but football isn't played on paper weather most of these new players can play championship level football who knows. Let's hope we do well I say and the prove me and others wrong :ayatollah:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Stef_CardiffBlue » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:02 pm

Without signing strikers we need goals . Season starts in 5 weeks need our team to gel asap . Hopefully we get the strikers in that we need asap . Be interesting what formation SM starts with
Stef_CardiffBlue

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:35 am

God knows, but based on te last transfer window Morrison knows a player, so top half anywher from 4th to 12th!
Bluebina

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:00 pm

No idea! I hope the club produce a programme, or at least a team sheet, for the Newport friendly, otherwise I won't have a clue as to who's who.
llangainbluebird

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:16 pm

My view is based on what we have we will be bottom 8. We need an experienced Centre Back, Centre Mid and two strikers. At present we have no goals upfront. He will have to somehow get two quality loan strikers . I’d take a punt on Broadhead and if Archer was a possibility we should go all out to get the deal done. It will be impossible to get a completely new team firing for the first 6-8 games and you can guarantee for every 2 signings that the fans think are good players, they’ll be one whose average aka O’Dowda. Hopefully Morison will show the fans that there will be more creativity and go forward play with quicker phases. More worried about the attendances and if we don’t start well we could be down to 12k .
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:32 pm

At this moment in time we may be in for a relegation battle. Need a CB, creative midfielder or 2 and 2 strikers. Maybe a proven winger too. Luckily enough we have plenty of time to do so, so things could change.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby Floppsy » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:09 am

Too early to say, but alot depends on who else we sign and how the manager can' get the players to gel and for them to understand what style SM is trying to play.
It's the most important pre-season for years.
Floppsy

Return to General Chat