Toshack scenario over again !

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby riley1951 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:40 am

Tosh, was and always be will be my favourite player, and yet all these years later, it still rankles with me, that when he left Liverpool and came back to City wanting to resign, his request to rejoin his boyhood club, was Refused, he went to Swansea, and the rest is history, now for Toshack, substitute Bale. I do hope NOT !
riley1951

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Toshack scenario over again !

Postby Bonner » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:02 am

a big difference here.. Bale has never had any direct connection with Cardiff, unfortunately he does t have the love for us that Toshack had, Ramsey has.
Bonner

Postby Bonner » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:09 am

a big difference here.. Bale has never had any direct connection with Cardiff, unfortunately he does t have the love for us that Toshack had, Ramsey has.
Bonner

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:25 am

riley1951 wrote:Tosh, was and always be will be my favourite player, and yet all these years later, it still rankles with me, that when he left Liverpool and came back to City wanting to resign, his request to rejoin his boyhood club, was Refused, he went to Swansea, and the rest is history, now for Toshack, substitute Bale. I do hope NOT !

I have always felt that it may have been down to Jimmy Andrews- (who i liked as a person as well as a manager). Tosh was only coming to City as a player but it was no secret that he had managerial ambitions and Jimmy Andrews must have felt threatened. As Bale has no managerial ambitions that same cant be said if this deal falls through.
JJ1927

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:27 am

Jesus wept. :roll:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Jimmy Scoular » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:38 pm

As a regular at the time Toshack was sold it transpired Scoular had no say the board wanted the money we were top at Xmas the rest is history. Funny that money ruled even in those days :banghead:
Jimmy Scoular

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:50 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:As a regular at the time Toshack was sold it transpired Scoular had no say the board wanted the money we were top at Xmas the rest is history. Funny that money ruled even in those days :banghead:

Where we failed was delaying getting in a replacement soon enough.. warbouys came a month to late
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:48 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Jesus wept. :roll:

:lol: its pure comedy on here ain't it :lol:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:01 pm

I'm struggling to see the similarities here.

Toshack was rebuked by the board while Bale has made it his own decision to go somewhere else. Well that is how I am seeing it atm.
Bakedalasker

Return to General Chat