“I’m disappointed in the way I was treated at Cardiff “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:19 am

Will Vaulks still only 28 years old snubbed numerous Championship clubs to sign for Sheffield Wednesday after Cardiff released him.

Vaulks made over 100 appearances for the Bluebirds.

Will Vaulks on Cardiff City:

“To be told I would only play a certain amount of matches because they didn't want my contract to trigger was really a disappointing thing to go through,"

"I am disappointed at the way I was treated at Cardiff City football club, I have to be honest.”

“I wish the fans well and the club well for the future, over all it was a rollercoaster ride with Cardiff as we had so many managers during my time at the club.”
Attachments
2960A17D-336A-4D9D-9708-604A479FE402.jpeg
2960A17D-336A-4D9D-9708-604A479FE402.jpeg (69.52 KiB) Viewed 8902 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “I’m disappointed in the way I was treated at Cardiff “

Postby JulesK » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:35 am

Wish players wouldn't do this when they left a club, doesn't really achieve much.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:38 am

JulesK wrote:Wish players wouldn't do this when they left a club, doesn't really achieve much.

Jules, I actually wish more would do it, the fans can hear and what see really happens, the good and the bad and see it from the players point of view.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:39 am

JulesK wrote:Wish players wouldn't do this when they left a club, doesn't really achieve much.

Agree.
If his contract was coming to an end and we weren't renewing, why would we want to trigger a break contract for him??
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Warwickshire Bluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:46 am

I’m disappointed at how Vaulks passed a football.
Warwickshire Bluebird

Postby ccfcblue1980 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:48 am

At least the club was honest with him, giving him time to sort his future out early
ccfcblue1980

Postby JulesK » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:52 am

Sour grapes. IMHO.
JulesK

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:13 am

Sour grapes ,club were honest that they never wanted to keep him, can't see much of a problem here ,happened to lots of players over the years in football ,i remember Gareth Whalley in the Sam days if he played 1 more game would have got 50k , Sam never played him again no different to this really by the sounds of it .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:27 am

Reply FB:
Attachments
D525450A-191E-4554-AB0F-75A7E5BEA582.jpeg
D525450A-191E-4554-AB0F-75A7E5BEA582.jpeg (186.49 KiB) Viewed 7678 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:31 am

We all love Will the character, but as a footballer, he was always a back up, I don't even think Warnock hid it.

If he earned a million quid over his three years, just ask yourself how long would it take me to do that ? We forget sometimes this is a high stakes industry.

Of course he was disappointed when he didn't play, any decent character would be and we will never question his character.

For games over the last 3 years, we have had a midfield pairing who on the open market ended up in L1.
llan bluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:32 am

wez1927 wrote:Sour grapes ,club were honest that they never wanted to keep him, can't see much of a problem here ,happened to lots of players over the years in football ,i remember Gareth Whalley in the Sam days if he played 1 more game would have got 50k , Sam never played him again no different to this really by the sounds of it .

I'd forgot that Wez. Now that was wrong on so many levels and it puts this snipping in perspective.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Abergavenny » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:44 am

He got very well paid to play football for us We abided by his contract which he and his agent agreed too What have the club done wrong Nothing at all If he had performed better over his time here he would have been rewarded with either a new contract or gone to a bigger club

Hate it when players moan
Abergavenny

Postby City slicker27 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Jules, I actually wish more would do it, the fans can hear and what see really happens, the good and the bad and see it from the players point of view.

No surprise there really. We all know you like to criticise the club whenever possible.

Cant fault vaulks commitment or passion, and I wish him well at Wednesday. But if we are to kick on and push up the league we need someone in the middle who is more mobile and creative.
City slicker27

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:57 am

The guy just wasn’t good enough so obviously we weren’t going to trigger his contract

Footballer’s in general need a reality check and start living in the real world

People criticise the board for wasting money yet when they do something to save money they still get criticised?

Vaux seems a decent person and I wish him well but let’s be honest he’s not a particularly good footballer
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:10 am

He must see that Morison and the club were pretty astute to not extend his contract via a games played clause.

If he was worthy of a Championship contract he wouldn't have just signed up to a League 1 campaign. The club were right.

Also, let's be honest, if he made himself indispensable, he would have been played.
Wayne S

Postby montyblue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:48 am

Excuses for wednesday fans i left or was kicked out
"NO" he was a poor player end of rob page never had him either in his squad. even
montyblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:54 am

If was consistent enough he would have played? But not uncommon for players to be left out of team so as not to trigger such deals....
pembroke allan

Postby JulesK » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:04 am

I'm not snipping or anything of the like but hate it when highly paid footballers moan after being released, obviously not in managers plans( club or country ) also didn't he have a pop at Mccarthy when he went? Seems to like having dig after the event.
JulesK

Postby Carpe Diem » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:13 am

The Club totally did the right thing.
Carpe Diem

Postby northside of risca » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:18 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Sour grapes ,club were honest that they never wanted to keep him, can't see much of a problem here ,happened to lots of players over the years in football ,i remember Gareth Whalley in the Sam days if he played 1 more game would have got 50k , Sam never played him again no different to this really by the sounds of it .

I'd forgot that Wez. Now that was wrong on so many levels and it puts this snipping in perspective.

Same with Mark Bonner as well from memory
northside of risca

Postby theclaw » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:54 am

I liked Vaulks but the Club done the right thing.
theclaw

Postby pipster » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:04 am

he signed his contract and his agent added the clauses in on re extra money . It's business rather than football. If I could save myself 20 odd grand and that wouldnt affect promotion or relegation then I think we'd all do the same.

Shame he came out with that - as he seemed a nice lad
pipster

Postby bluebird04 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:44 pm

Don't mind players speaking their truth after they leave a club, as i do feel it openes the eyes to the fans on why certain things happpened. however he isn't good enough, Wintle looks to be a much player, i could never figure out what Vaulks best role was.

i understand he was upset he couldn't play all the time due to that clause, but theres countless stories from players former and current who sign a document saying if they play the games they waive the bonus or extension so, i have no issues with the club not playing him. also if the club knew he wouldn't be here next year, i wouldnt of expected him to play, when Morison would of been able to bleed other players through like the Wintles.

good luck at Sheff W, league one is about his level, thank you for wearing the shirt, but its good thing we've moved on
bluebird04

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:49 pm

bluebird04 wrote:Don't mind players speaking their truth after they leave a club, as i do feel it openes the eyes to the fans on why certain things happpened. however he isn't good enough, Wintle looks to be a much player, i could never figure out what Vaulks best role was.

i understand he was upset he couldn't play all the time due to that clause, but theres countless stories from players former and current who sign a document saying if they play the games they waive the bonus or extension so, i have no issues with the club not playing him. also if the club knew he wouldn't be here next year, i wouldnt of expected him to play, when Morison would of been able to bleed other players through like the Wintles.

good luck at Sheff W, league one is about his level, thank you for wearing the shirt, but its good thing we've moved on

Shams he wasn’t more in touch with what his agent / the club had included in his contract when he signed it. Liked him as a player but the club deffo not to blame here imo.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:54 pm

I liked Vaulks for his commitment and effort but as a player he was bang average and couldn't pass water.

I'm glad he's moved on.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sven » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:13 pm

City slicker27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No surprise there really. We all know you like to criticise the club whenever possible.

Cant fault vaulks commitment or passion, and I wish him well at Wednesday. But if we are to kick on and push up the league we need someone in the middle who is more mobile and creative.

That's a bit harsh; the OP only put out what was in the media and then stated his view, which I share, that the supporters would be interested in what/why things happen behind the scenes...

It's certainly better than making it up and he (Annis) is prepared to put his neck on the line on occasion, even when he knows the flack will follow

The club were within their rights but equally Vaulks is entitled to be disappointed with his treatment, if the reasons he gave are correct

No issue with Vaulks; he's moved on and so will we (as a club) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:43 pm

Vaulks can be as disappointed as he likes. I’m disappointed he wasn’t good enough.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:11 pm

Good Luck to the Lad .
TopCat CCFC

Postby JJ1927 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:31 pm

I don't understand why people are having a go at him because he wanted to play football. There have been plenty at this club as well as other clubs who have been happy to sit on their backsides and pick up a big fat cheque doing naff all. At least he wanted to earn his money.
JJ1927

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:05 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Luck to the Lad .

Agreed mate, he is a good bloke :thumbup:

No room for setiment in football though, when either side is ready they part company thats how it is!
Bluebina

Next

Return to General Chat