Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Let's all focus on the facts...

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:00 pm

I must admit I can't remember a craziness, bordering on hysteria, on this board before the B word came into play.

Not many City fans would argue that Bale, on so many levels, would enhance our club. But at the moment he is not here. I feel it's deflected from the excellent work that Morison has done in his 2nd transfer window.

It is quite obvious that money is non existent and thus Morison has had to work within that parameter. That said, 9 signings is no mean feat. On top of that it is clear what he is trying to achieve. A mix of young potential superstars, blended with players who have Championship experience. The common denominator is "youth and hunger".

The transfer window is but young, but I suspect this work and contacting potentials started a few months back.

The facts are that we have 9 new players, some known, some not so.....and the recruitment drive steamrollers on.

I have a lot of optimism for the forthcoming season, Bale or no Bale. If he signs that is the icing on the cake........but without the cake you have nowhere to put the icing. :bluebird:

Re: Let's all focus on the facts...

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:57 am

What an excellent post yet again.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:07 am

TheHangedMan wrote:I must admit I can't remember a craziness, bordering on hysteria, on this board before the B word came into play.

Not many City fans would argue that Bale, on so many levels, would enhance our club. But at the moment he is not here. I feel it's deflected from the excellent work that Morison has done in his 2nd transfer window.

It is quite obvious that money is non existent and thus Morison has had to work within that parameter. That said, 9 signings is no mean feat. On top of that it is clear what he is trying to achieve. A mix of young potential superstars, blended with players who have Championship experience. The common denominator is "youth and hunger".

The transfer window is but young, but I suspect this work and contacting potentials started a few months back.

The facts are that we have 9 new players, some known, some not so.....and the recruitment drive steamrollers on.

I have a lot of optimism for the forthcoming season, Bale or no Bale. If he signs that is the icing on the cake........but without the cake you have nowhere to put the icing. :bluebird:

Well said mate! I was excited for the new season before last season even finished. Big wages for bang average players were holding the club back. They are all gone now and we have pretty much started with a clean slate. We have moved away from hoofball, morison is bringing in pace and creativity, youth is being given a chance. These are all things people have wanted for a number of seasons. Clearly there are people on here to look for the negatives in absolutely everything though.

With the 5 loan options, we will probably see another 6-7 players coming in as well. Cant see why people aren't excited for the new. Bale would literally be the icing on the cake going into next season.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:07 am

Great post

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:13 am

TheHangedMan wrote:I must admit I can't remember a craziness, bordering on hysteria, on this board before the B word came into play.

Jim an excellent post, I agree with all that you have posted, Morison is doing an excellent requitment drive, and there is a lot more to come, if all things go well with offers we have put out we could all be pleasently surprised, even without GB.
I would love him here but if he does not come then we move on. I am looking forward to this new season positively. :ayatollah: :bluebird:
PS. I still think GB will sign for us :thumbup:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:38 am

Igovernor wrote:

Jim an excellent post, I agree with all that you have posted, Morison is doing an excellent requitment drive, and there is a lot more to come, if all things go well with offers we have put out we could all be pleasently surprised, even without GB.
I would love him here but if he does not come then we move on. I am looking forward to this new season positively. :ayatollah: :bluebird:
PS. I still think GB will sign for us :thumbup:

Agree with all that you and Jim write, Rog... :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:47 am

Well said,so much to look forward to with or without Mr Bale.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:08 am

We should never have let ourselves get this far ahead. If Bale doesn’t sign then there will be many that don’t really understand what a huge and bizarre deal it would be in the world of football. The fact we are even talking about it is crazy.

Morison has done excellently so far and hasn’t used any of his loans yet which is another ace in his pack.

There were a few I didn’t want to leave, Ralls being one of them, but he’s brought in some very good athletic players who will suit his style of play.

All this talk about Bale, I think Tanner could very well be our star man this season, love the signings of Adams and Andy too.

We’ve got the makings of a very exciting team, Bale would be the cherry on top.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:39 am

Great post spot on :thumbup:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:53 am

Great post Jim, it's certainly how I and probably most folks feel, I'm excited as we are moving in the right direction and one that we've wanted for quite a while.

I was excited about GB joining, as it would be significant on many levels, makes sense for him too and it may still happen. I've kinda discounted it now as it's the hope that kills you. I think it will be a good season, with more decent signings to come, GB or no GB. But I hope the former is true. Now I've just mentioned hope again, how ironic.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:07 am

Honest and exciting post, good on you.

More to come, we are not finished yet.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:36 pm

Yes mate a great post but don’t get too big headed with all this adoration! ;) :notworthy:

Credit to Morison and the board for bringing these players in so quickly and ready for pre-season.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:55 pm

Brilliant post :clap:. The refreshing thing is the speed at which these players have been bought in. Appreciate that we had a mass exodus, but the speed and frequency of the signings is light years different to what we’ve seen in the past.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:06 pm

Great Post.
As I usually do at this time of year I sat down this morning and listed those players we know are here as it stands.
For tge first time in many years I am really happy with our goalkeepers, full backs and central midfield, the latter looking really strong.
Looking at it I believe we only have two central defenders, excluding ng who I've listed as a full back.
Then there is the attack! Not sure where the goals are going to come from, even if gb signs.
So rumours of a central defender and striker on the way are very welcome.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:08 pm

Agree, move on from Bale, prepare for next season and look for a potential buyer.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:13 pm

Agree with everything and the club apparently gave a good deal to GB but that deal has to be beneficial to the club also. If it wasn’t then on to the next signing.