Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wayne Rooney Quits Derby County

I dont blame him tbh.

Re: BREAKING WAYNE ROONEY;

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:52 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I dont blame him tbh.

Does not make sense? Gone through all the pain of points deduction relegation and everything else now club has been been bought he decides to quit extremely odd...

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I dont blame him tbh.

Does not make sense? Gone through all the pain of points deduction relegation and everything else now club has been been bought he decides to quit extremely odd...

Maybe that's the problem ,he doesn't like the new owners .

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:55 pm

Did he jump or did the new owners push?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:56 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I dont blame him tbh.

Selling the ground aren't they, he's probably got no budget!

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I dont blame him tbh.

Selling the ground aren't they, he's probably got no budget!

Having just read statement it looks as if didn't want to jump ship without new owners now they have hes decided time was right for him to leave... cant fault his integrity that's for sure. N

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:44 pm

I reckon he has been offered another job, new owners coning in at Everton, they will maybe sack lampard

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:51 pm

Oh no, I'm gonna miss all the press calling them Wayne Rooney's Derby, maybe they'll have to call them Derby County now.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:20 pm

Igovernor wrote:I reckon he has been offered another job, new owners coning in at Everton, they will maybe sack lampard

He did turn down an interview there earlier this year though.

But very strange timing by Rooney, so maybe he is going somewhere else.

As much as I won't like Derby, have to admit he did a good job there with a very limited squad.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:46 pm

Wayne Rooney has told troubled Derby County that he wishes to be "relieved of his duties as first-team manager" with immediate effect.

The 36-year-old's contract with the club had another year to run.

The Rams have been in administration since September last year and were relegated to League One last season.

"I feel the club now needs to be led by someone with fresh energy and not affected by events that have happened over the last 18 months," he said.

The former Everton, Manchester United and England forward said he had been "closely following developments" regarding the ownership of the club and informed joint administrators Quantuma of his decision at a meeting on Friday when they tried "tremendously hard" to change his mind.

"My time at the club has been a rollercoaster of emotions, both highs and lows, but I have to say that I have enjoyed the challenge," Rooney added.

"I will remember my time at Derby with great pride and affection and would like to thank all my staff, players and of course the fans for their incredible support. I will never forget you and hope to see you all again in the near future and in happier times.

"Finally, I am aware that the club still have interested parties who wish to take over the running of the club. To them I say this, Derby County is a great club with a great history and great fans. I wish you all the best and much success for the future."

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:00 am

Wife’s not well apparently

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:49 am

Don Keydick wrote:Oh no, I'm gonna miss all the press calling them Wayne Rooney's Derby, maybe they'll have to call them Derby County now.

They were called Frank Lampard's Derby not so long ago !

Slade is interested

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:02 am

Our Russell will be applying for the Rams job and will be a step up from being Barclay the bluebird on match days