Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY LINKED WITH CHE NUNNELY "

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:11 am

Che Nunnely age 23 year.

He is currently out after an injury with a torn knee ligament and has been released, so is a free agent

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783

Cardiff City have agreed a deal to sign Che Nunnely on a free transfer. Ex-Ajax and Netherlands U21 international in Cardiff today to complete medical.

Has been at Willem II for the last three years and is a right winger. Scored 17 goals in 88 league appearances for them and he's 23 years old.

He has been playing in the top league in Dutch football, the Eredivisie.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CHE NUNNELY "

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:14 am

These are the sort of signings that excite me. Relatively unknown in our country and obviously has some pedigree to come through Ajax academy. Also shows were casting our net further away from where we have been in previous years.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:14 am

Right winger

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:15 am

Wow, bit left field for me. Anyone know anything about him?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:17 am

https://youtu.be/OtTBohvlFi4

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:19 am

Would genuinely be excited by a signing like this…. Looks like the Twitter account, that broke the story, only has 60 followers though.

Hopefully this is one that comes off :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:24 am

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:https://youtu.be/OtTBohvlFi4

Looks two footed and can play on both sides :bluebird:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:27 am

He looks great. Genuinely excited by this one.

Welcome Che! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:31 am

Good goals to games ratio for a winger.
Welcome Che

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:35 am

Seems a very good signing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:59 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Wow, bit left field for me. Anyone know anything about him?

He plays on the right field ;)

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:00 am

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/che-nun ... ler/326030

injured?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:04 am

he is also out injured with a torn knee ligament so hopefully we don't sign him

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:13 am

There's not much out there to suggest this deal is imminent? :?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:15 am

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:he is also out injured with a torn knee ligament so hopefully we don't sign him

Why can’t you take a risk on a free agent with a great youth pedigree whilst he’s injured. Could pay off massively, alter its key I’d imagine we won’t be paying ridiculous wages so it’s not like we’re paying a huge fee.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:18 am

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:he is also out injured with a torn knee ligament so hopefully we don't sign him

Why can’t you take a risk on a free agent with a great youth pedigree whilst he’s injured. Could pay off massively, alter its key I’d imagine we won’t be paying ridiculous wages so it’s not like we’re paying a huge fee.

could but i'd rather we not sign another Vassell if you get me

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:21 am

He’s injured

Re: " CARDIFF CITY’S 9TH SIGNING CHE NUNNELY "

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:35 am

I am torn between signing a clearly decent player who's injured but we'll get to see some great football when he's back playing. And if free then we'd be stupid not to take a punt

Or

Move on as we can't really afford to wait around until he's fit? We've had our share of players clogging up the treatment room for months on end

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:35 am

Looks great from the youtube video (but we have seen that before).

What I don,t understand about the video in the opening sequences it says weakness = Physicality ? but looking at the video it looks like his Strength going forward shrugging off challenges?

Nothing more exciting than an attacking winger :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:43 am

Last player we signed who was injured didn't turn out too bad... callum paterson

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:43 am

powysblue wrote:

What I don,t understand about the video in the opening sequences it says weakness = Physicality ? but looking at the video it looks like his Strength going forward shrugging off challenges?

Agreed on the fact we’ve seen good clips before. I’m more positive about the fact of where he began his career. Regarding the physicality I’d think it’s more to do with his diminutive figure as he’s only 5ft 5 I believe. But I love his directness from the clips, something we severely lacked the previous seasons.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:45 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Last player we signed who was injured didn't turn out too bad... callum paterson

Exactly and it was a similar injury. I think it’s a gamble worth taking for his age. Obviously nobody wants him to be the next Vassell which has previously been mentioned, but he’s nearly played as many games in his career (including youth caps) as Vassell has and he’s 5 years his junior so not exactly a sick note player.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:54 am

In my mind we are signing this chap so that when he is mended he will take up a Gareth Bale type position for when GB departs for the WC and beyond

Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:06 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
powysblue wrote:

Agreed on the fact we’ve seen good clips before. I’m more positive about the fact of where he began his career. Regarding the physicality I’d think it’s more to do with his diminutive figure as he’s only 5ft 5 I believe. But I love his directness from the clips, something we severely lacked the previous seasons.

Probably the greatest player ever- Maradona - was only 5ft 5 but as strong as an ox so lets hope he is in that mould!! Small but quick and powerful forwards are probably the hardest to defend against

Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:12 pm

Nothing at all about this on CCFC Official site - I would be wary of calling it our 9th signing just yet until officially announced

Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:13 pm

Anyone got any info regarding how long he's out injured for?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:13 pm

Looks loosely a similar type of player to Murphy and he cost us 10m.If he turns out to be a goodun all the Morison knockers will look stupid will all their "not experienced " "can't handle senior players " shite talk.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Anyone got any info regarding how long he's out injured for?

46 days to date

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:39 pm

Bluebird TillDie

As well as patterson
We also signed another injured player vassell lets hope he follows patters.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:42 pm

montyblue wrote:Bluebird TillDie

As well as patterson
We also signed another injured player vassell lets hope he follows patters.

Vassell with a horrid injury record already mind and wasnt injured when we signed him