Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ 100% Gareth Bale “

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:26 pm

JulesK wrote:And some gypos will be ready to rub our noses in it !!!

Wouldn't worry about them all they can speculate on his joe allen arriving? Good player but!! :D

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:30 pm

Lol

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:35 pm

JulesK wrote:Lol

Enough about them so boring... but have you noticed today GB and where hes going next as been completely left off any news outlets WHY?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:40 pm

1.Perhaps the club are waiting for the posters for outside stadium?
2. He gone on hols?
3. LA bound ?

What's your take on it mate?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:47 pm

JulesK wrote:1.Perhaps the club are waiting for the posters for outside stadium?
2. He gone on hols?
3. LA bound ?

What's your take on it mate?

Mine .....this mess could been avoided unfortunately its become a bit of a circus with noone explaining what's going on even the meeting of GB/morison was a bit of a hoax more of exchange of pleasantries.... now the story as been dropped by all news outlets today? So the question is was city his choice or just everyone putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5? Crazy absolutely crazy situation.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:58 pm

Cardiff back to favourites. What the hell is going on :lol:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:00 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Cardiff back to favourites. What the hell is going on :lol:

He's made his mind up I'd guess. All that's happened is the agent has got all potential offers for Gareth.
But let's look at it this way. Which is the only club they've been too in person?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:03 pm

Will be a major disappointment now if he doesn't sign for us, especially if he goes to the MLS.

If he does go there it's blatantly for money. The MLS is league 1 standard. If he wants to get match fit for the world cup he won't get it playing in that league.

IMO Bale walks into any EPL starting 11 except Man City and Liverpool, so if he doesn't come to us at least go and play at the top level.

If it's not about money he will sign for us but unfortunately for most players in the modern day it is.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:26 pm

The only Bale we sign will be a Bale of Hay for the donkeys left at the club who havent been farmed out yet

Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:35 pm

Jumanji Jim wrote:The only Bale we sign will be a Bale of Hay for the donkeys left at the club who havent been farmed out yet

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:18 pm

D.A.C. wrote:Will be a major disappointment now if he doesn't sign for us, especially if he goes to the MLS.

If he does go there it's blatantly for money. The MLS is league 1 standard. If he wants to get match fit for the world cup he won't get it playing in that league.

IMO Bale walks into any EPL starting 11 except Man City and Liverpool, so if he doesn't come to us at least go and play at the top level.

If it's not about money he will sign for us but unfortunately for most players in the modern day it is.

Unless he can push back time I don't consider GB to be a starter in any top half PL team. Yes, he can provide moments of magic, like he did against Austria but he is equally capable nowadays to remain anonymous during a match, something that wouldn't happen to a younger, fitter Gareth Bale.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:20 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
D.A.C. wrote:Will be a major disappointment now if he doesn't sign for us, especially if he goes to the MLS.

Unless he can push back time I don't consider GB to be a starter in any top half PL team. Yes, he can provide moments of magic, like he did against Austria but he is equally capable nowadays to remain anonymous during a match, something that wouldn't happen to a younger, fitter Gareth Bale.

I would suggest the main reason for this, which I agree with BTW, is because he has hardly played for 6 months, with the exception of Wales. A fully match fit Bale is still a world beater......and that's where we come in. :D :bluebird:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:48 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

I would suggest the main reason for this, which I agree with BTW, is because he has hardly played for 6 months, with the exception of Wales. A fully match fit Bale is still a world beater......and that's where we come in. :D :bluebird:

Its accepted that if a player misses lots games they're not match fit when come back even if not injured which as been his problem at real this was very evident for him Rambo and couple of others for Wales recently..
Playing for city will benefit him for world cup but mls may not be so beneficial as not particularly high
standard play on artificial
pitches plus be away from faw setup as well...
Cant see any footballing benefit going anywhere in usa

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

Its accepted that if a player misses lots games they're not match fit when come back even if not injured which as been his problem at real this was very evident for him Rambo and couple of others for Wales recently..
Playing for city will benefit him for world cup but mls may not be so beneficial as not particularly high

…plus, his Mrs has said she’s staying in Cardiff so can you see him moving to the other side of the ootkd without her and kids? I think not.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:00 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:

Sorry mate but if you think any top half team in the prem would not take Bale excluding Man City and Liverpool you don't know football.

Bale is a match winner, you even said it yourself did nothing against Austria and Ukraine but he won us the games and sent Wales to the world cup. No other player in the Wales squad could do that.

The top half comment is laughable. If you said top 6 I would've taken your point but for me he still gets in Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and United starting 11.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:21 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

…plus, his Mrs has said she’s staying in Cardiff so can you see him moving to the other side of the ootkd without her and kids? I think not.

Under normal circumstances like it not being world cup year no chance him going city or mls... but given the current situation there is not a single reason to go mls premier league yes as got good 2 yrs in him at top... but as it stands city the only viable option given his family situation as well

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:28 pm

D.A.C. wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

Sorry mate but if you think any top half team in the prem would not take Bale excluding Man City and Liverpool you don't know football.

Bale is a match winner, you even said it yourself did nothing against Austria and Ukraine but he won us the games and sent Wales to the world cup. No other player in the Wales squad could do that.

The top half comment is laughable. If you said top 6 I would've taken your point but for me he still gets in Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and United starting 11.

I think your level of comprehension is not what it should be matey. The key word is "Starter". Of course Bale would be snapped up by most of the PL teams but based on the diminished influence he now has on games, he would not be guaranteed a starting place. There is no doubt that a fully fit Bale (if he still exists) is fully capable of having a major impact in games but I think
your view of him is coloured by his past achievements.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:47 pm

He scored 11 goals in the Premier league for Spurs a year and half ago in 20 games and that's playing 2nd fiddle to Kane.

He scored 2 worldies against Austria and a deflected free kick against Ukraine to take us to the world cup in 2 massive games and he hadn't kicked a ball all season.

I get what you're saying about fitness but that's mainly down to bad injuries he's had. He's only 32 and I still believe he has alot to offer. The only thing I question is his mindset.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:55 am

He stated he wants to play week in week out so his body becomes more resilient.

My own view, this would have happened by now if it was a cert

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:49 am

As Souness said a while back when Bale was on about age.... " he is just a kid" should still be playing at 34 to 36 these days barring injury.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:52 am

Gutted as it looks like Bale is not coming, be very interesting where Bale goes.

Hopefully we can put in a last minute offer to him, I heard Tan was now involved as well as Dalman as the deal got No where under Dalman.

We did not even get to 2nd gear as Steve Morison did not even have a proper sit down discussion.
Just a 2 min passing bye conversation.

BUT ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD AT ALL / I AM BEING TOLD BALE WILL NOT BECOMING TO CARDIFF CITY.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:52 am

Bale went to 7/20 on Betfair last night, now at 8/15 with Cardiff sitting at 5/4. Something must have been happening in the US last night for his odds to go to 7/20.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:Gutted as it looks like Bale is not coming,

Are we lowering our percentage chance of signing again.

100% to 30% to ..... where are we now?

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:23 am

Wayne S wrote:

Who knows? I’m imagining it’s all guesswork at bookies and on here. Nobody seems to know anything concrete and stories constantly changing.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:24 am

Wayne S wrote:

Wayne 10% chance of getting Bale , unless Tan agrees to ALL the sponsorships & shirt sales etc going to Bale.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Wayne 10% chance of getting Bale , unless Tan agrees to ALL the sponsorships & shirt sales etc going to Bale.

Hope he doesn't then and we can all move on

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:27 am

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Bale went to 7/20 on Betfair last night, now at 8/15 with Cardiff sitting at 5/4. Something must have been happening in the US last night for his odds to go to 7/20.

If there has been a change I'm just amazed that there is total social media silence. You'd at least expect some sort of rumour mill in play across the pond.

Or are 'soccer' fans and the sports media a totally different animal in the US

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Annis, you know full well that ONE player does not make a TEAM. Remember the old days, all or nothing!

I would love to have Bale here, who wouldn't? But at what expense?

Morison is doing a brilliant job in the recruitment stakes. The players he has, and will, recruit are our long term future, Bale is not. Please stop bashing the board at every possible juncture. We both know they have many faults but now is the time to unite and get behind a NEW team that quite frankly most of us have never heard of.

Remember the FAW mantra, Together Stronger. We're in the WC with those cohesive two words. There's no reason that Cardiff City can't be in the Premier with the same mentality. :bluebird:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:Gutted as it looks like Bale is not coming, be very interesting where Bale goes.

Hopefully we can put in a list minute offer to him, I heard Tan was now involved as well as Dalman as the deal got No where under Dalman.

We did not even get to 2nd gear as Steve Morison did not even have a proper sit down discussion.
Just a 2 min passing bye conversation.

BUT ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD AT ALL / I AM BEING TOLD BALE WILL NOT BECOMING TO CARDIFF CITY.

If true, makes no sense for him to go to MLS because of their fixture calendar.

If we don't sign Bale I doubt we'll get Ramsey.

Really hope Tan steps up now, and I think he might. He should know how big this signing would be for the club's reputation worldwide.

Re: UPDATED GUTTED“ 100% Gareth Bale “

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:46 am

So much for 'its not about money'.