UPDATED GUTTED“ 100% Gareth Bale “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED GUTTED“ 100% Gareth Bale “

Postby Chris1988 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Igovernor wrote:It is not over yet, I do not belive that he is going to America :thumbup:

Why do you say this? It looks like its 100% done, reading all the LAFC stuff??
Chris1988

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Quakerman » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:41 pm

Bbc Sport breaking news Gareth Bale to sign for MLS side Los Angeles FC
Quakerman

Postby danielrees17 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:41 pm

If he goes to America then it was obviously about money, even if he went to Southampton etc at least it would of been footballing reasons
danielrees17

Postby M4 Exile » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Igovernor wrote:It is not over yet, I do not belive that he is going to America :thumbup:

It is mate https://twitter.com/lafc/status/1540533 ... abfOm0TnKg
M4 Exile

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:43 pm

What a rollercoaster, and what a shame.

It would have been some coup, but not meant to be in the end. I don't think we will know the true facts, how close were we, or who is to blame, it's all hearsay. Let's get back to supporting the players who are here, who have joined, and onwards and upwards :bluescarf:
JasonFowler1991

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:45 pm

Roger ssn reporting as signed a deal for 1 yr... so money talked :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:46 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:What a rollercoaster, and what a shame.

It would have been some coup, but not meant to be in the end. I don't think we will know the true facts, how close were we, or who is to blame, it's all hearsay. Let's get back to supporting the players who are here, who have joined, and onwards and upwards :bluescarf:

Well said sir.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:49 pm

Hope you're right!
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:49 pm

The US was the only one that didn't make sense to me being so far away from the Wales set up but at the end of the day maybe it was down to money all along & those of us who supported him seeing out his contract at RM were wrong about the real reasons.
Welshman in CA

Postby Llantwit bluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:51 pm

It's been confirmed he's agreed to join LA in major league. Can't believe we fluffed this up so badly?
Llantwit bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:52 pm

Llantwit bluebird wrote:It's been confirmed he's agreed to join LA in major league. Can't believe we fluffed this up so badly?

Fabrizio Romano apparently a respected journalist says we weren’t even close to signing him so let’s not slag the club off eh.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:53 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:The US was the only one that didn't make sense to me being so far away from the Wales set up but at the end of the day maybe it was down to money all along & those of us who supported him seeing out his contract at RM were wrong about the real reasons.

Well he can join the celebrity circus that is LA and play on plastic pitches .... big question is were we ever in with chance of him coming here? Seems not...
pembroke allan

Postby stickywicket » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:53 pm

He almost went to China. What did anyone really expect? One last pay day.
stickywicket

Postby gagsey » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:54 pm

I have never read once that gareth bale himself was interested in coming to Cardiff. I think a lot of people think they are in the know when they know nothing. Let's move on
gagsey

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:58 pm

gagsey wrote:I have never read once that gareth bale himself was interested in coming to Cardiff. I think a lot of people think they are in the know when they know nothing. Let's move on

That is how iIread the situation too unfortunately. A rumour that got totally out of hand.
Bluebird For Life

Postby papa » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:01 pm

he`s full of shit always said end his time at cardiff. wanker
ENJOY YOURSELF (its later than you think)
papa

Postby ccfc_4_life » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:01 pm

Just cant see it mate what we gonna do loan him until the world cup then he will go to America after it :ayatollah: ... Good luck to him was always to good to be true let's get behind morison and the boys roll on July 30th :bluebird:
ccfc_4_life

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:03 pm

gagsey wrote:I have never read once that gareth bale himself was interested in coming to Cardiff. I think a lot of people think they are in the know when they know nothing. Let's move on

I think most fans deep down themselves think themselves. Apart from as you say people who proclaim to be in the know.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:04 pm

If it was a battle of offers we were always going to lose, we are competing in the half a million a year bracket, Gareth has just left the £30 million bracket :o .

What makes no sense is how we have even been brought into the equation if it is about offers.

LA still makes little sense, its 11 hours away, i doubt the family is going to live there for a year or two, the security would cost a fortune and although he is undoubtedly on another level to Beckham as a footballer he barely raises a murmur as a celebrity.

I still think (hope) its a diversion.
llan bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:08 pm

llan bluebird wrote:If it was a battle of offers we were always going to lose, we are competing in the half a million a year bracket, Gareth has just left the £30 million bracket :o .

What makes no sense is how we have even been brought into the equation if it is about offers.

LA still makes little sense, its 11 hours away, i doubt the family is going to live there for a year or two, the security would cost a fortune and although he is undoubtedly on another level to Beckham as a footballer he barely raises a murmur as a celebrity.

I think it seems a done deal but just imagine if it was a smokescreen :shock:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:08 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:The US was the only one that didn't make sense to me being so far away from the Wales set up but at the end of the day maybe it was down to money all along & those of us who supported him seeing out his contract at RM were wrong about the real reasons.

I agree. Unless its money, a one year contract is nonsense from a footballing sense with the World Cup coming up. A Premier League club i could understand - but MLS?
JJ1927

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:12 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

That is how iIread the situation too unfortunately. A rumour that got totally out of hand.

It wasn't a rumour because his agent himself spoke about it being complicated
JJ1927

Postby Rambo No 5 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:13 pm

Unpopular opinion but for Wales’ sake, I think this is the best move for him. Regular first-team football, training facilities that probably knock spots off what we can offer, in a warm climate that will probably add a bit of longevity to his career and better prepare him for Qatar. Who knows, if ever he was to have an appetite to play in the Euros 2024, he’d probably gain it playing over there rather than here.

Comical to see he’s gone down in people’s estimations when he was probably never coming here in the first place, despite all of those ‘in the know’ claiming otherwise.
Rambo No 5

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:14 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Reportedly so. We’ve seen all sorts of reports the past few days and of which none had any substance.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:17 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Actually, yes that is true. I will wait and see what comes out if the move to LA is true, but I don't see the point of blaming certain people on either side - maybe it was just too complicated in the end. I still don't recall GB saying in public that he was interested in coming though.
Bluebird For Life

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:If it was a battle of offers we were always going to lose, we are competing in the half a million a year bracket, Gareth has just left the £30 million bracket :o .

I think it seems a done deal but just imagine if it was a smokescreen :shock:

My god, i was in and out of the racing and its gone from loose rumour to fact in a couple of hours.

Never mind, I am firmly Cardiff City, Wales in that order...It was a laugh while it lasted
llan bluebird

Postby Large Arge » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:20 pm

Thanks Mr ITK :roll: Still waiting on yesterday’s second signing if you’ve got any more insider info?
Large Arge

Previous

Return to General Chat