Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ 100% Gareth Bale “

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:50 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Gutted as it looks like Bale is not coming,

Are we lowering our percentage chance of signing again.

100% to 30% to ..... where are we now?

Wayne 10% chance of getting Bale , unless Tan agrees to ALL the sponsorships & shirt sales etc going to Bale.

Annis, you know full well that ONE player does not make a TEAM. Remember the old days, all or nothing!

I would love to have Bale here, who wouldn't? But at what expense?

Morison is doing a brilliant job in the recruitment stakes. The players he has, and will, recruit are our long term future, Bale is not. Please stop bashing the board at every possible juncture. We both know they have many faults but now is the time to unite and get behind a NEW team that quite frankly most of us have never heard of.

Remember the FAW mantra, Together Stronger. We're in the WC with those cohesive two words. There's no reason that Cardiff City can't be in the Premier with the same mentality. :bluebird:

Jim,

I was brought up like you one player or fan or owner are NO bigger than our club Cardiff City, without a doubt.

But I wanted him badly here to get the fans to return and buzz going again as it’s been a few years of dire football now and fans losing interest, the stadium will be less than half full next season and as you know we have to many fickle fans.

I have renewed my season tickets along with 11,500 others, but just a few yrs ago we had 23,500 season ticket holders and 33,000 crowds, it’s a big stadium to fill and get the atmosphere going.

I will be backing all these new players like you, but we will need more experienced ones to join them.

BLUEBIRDS

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:51 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Gutted as it looks like Bale is not coming, be very interesting where Bale goes.

Hopefully we can put in a list minute offer to him, I heard Tan was now involved as well as Dalman as the deal got No where under Dalman.

We did not even get to 2nd gear as Steve Morison did not even have a proper sit down discussion.
Just a 2 min passing bye conversation.

BUT ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD AT ALL / I AM BEING TOLD BALE WILL NOT BECOMING TO CARDIFF CITY.

If true, makes no sense for him to go to MLS because of their fixture calendar.

If we don't sign Bale I doubt we'll get Ramsey.

Really hope Tan steps up now, and I think he might. He should know how big this signing would be for the club's reputation worldwide.

Ned,

Ramsey so far is the usual paper talk, NO contact at this moment at all.

Re: UPDATED GUTTED“ 100% Gareth Bale “

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:51 am

to be honest, this whole thing is getting on my nerves now, too many different stories etc, just someone make a decision so we can all move on, I agree with most, I would be gutted if bale doesn't come, as it just would of been amazing to see a player of his ability in a Cardiff shirt, but at the end of the day we will have a brand new team this season so it will all be good, in all honesty we shouldn't even be thinking about getting a "Gareth Bale" player.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:58 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Gutted as it looks like Bale is not coming,

Are we lowering our percentage chance of signing again.

100% to 30% to ..... where are we now?

Wayne 10% chance of getting Bale , unless Tan agrees to ALL the sponsorships & shirt sales etc going to Bale.

Annis, you know full well that ONE player does not make a TEAM. Remember the old days, all or nothing!

I would love to have Bale here, who wouldn't? But at what expense?

Morison is doing a brilliant job in the recruitment stakes. The players he has, and will, recruit are our long term future, Bale is not. Please stop bashing the board at every possible juncture. We both know they have many faults but now is the time to unite and get behind a NEW team that quite frankly most of us have never heard of.

Remember the FAW mantra, Together Stronger. We're in the WC with those cohesive two words. There's no reason that Cardiff City can't be in the Premier with the same mentality. :bluebird:

Top post Sir.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:02 am

Chris1988 wrote:to be honest, this whole thing is getting on my nerves now, too many different stories etc, just someone make a decision so we can all move on, I agree with most, I would be gutted if bale doesn't come, as it just would of been amazing to see a player of his ability in a Cardiff shirt, but at the end of the day we will have a brand new team this season so it will all be good, in all honesty we shouldn't even be thinking about getting a "Gareth Bale" player.

Totally agree.
If he does go to MLS (which I still very much doubt) it is clearly for the $$$ and CCFC certainly couldn’t compete there. Let’s wait and see. I’m still quite hopeful tbh. We’ve agreed what he wants and agent says that they’re having a look at other offers :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:05 am

Still to this day, nobody has a scooby doo what’s going on. I won’t believe any story on Gareth Bale until a club for him is confirmed.

I’m sure some people are hoping he doesn’t sign, all so they can blame the board for it.

Let’s remain positive, things can change so quickly. Let’s get Bale’s future sorted quickly, so we can move on and enjoy a SUCCESSFUL season

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:06 am

JakeBluebird wrote:Still to this day, nobody has a scooby doo what’s going on. I won’t believe any story on Gareth Bale until a club for him is confirmed.

I’m sure some people are hoping he doesn’t sign, all so they can blame the board for it.

Let’s remain positive, things can change so quickly. Let’s get Bale’s future sorted quickly, so we can move on and enjoy a SUCCESSFUL season

Far too sensible mate

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:07 am

Some proper drama on here re Bale and obviously an agenda to have go at the Board. If Bale really wants to join Cardiff then he will. If he’s still chasing something that we can’t give him then so be it.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:09 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Some proper drama on here re Bale and obviously an agenda to have go at the Board. If Bale really wants to join Cardiff then he will. If he’s still chasing something that we can’t give him then so be it.

Yep.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:09 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Some proper drama on here re Bale and obviously an agenda to have go at the Board. If Bale really wants to join Cardiff then he will. If he’s still chasing something that we can’t give him then so be it.

Great Post,

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:17 am

If Bale really wanted to join this club and supposedly the club he loves ( Which I doubt ) and money was not the issue he would have joined
I have no doubt he has many demands and money is part of the demands as well as other things I do not know what his demands are and i doubt anyone on this board does If they are reasonable I am sure the club would have no problem in agreeing If they are not then then i back the club fully

Cardiff City is a club with a long history and one player will never be bigger than the club I still hopes he signs but for the right reasons

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:19 am

Perhaps he just wants a holiday first. Think about it. If it was announced yesterday then the idiots amongst us would soon be moaning the fact that he should be in Scotland with the rest of the squad instead of laying on a beach somewhere or a golf course.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:19 am

Abergavenny wrote:If Bale really wanted to join this club and supposedly the club he loves ( Which I doubt ) and money was not the issue he would have joined
I have no doubt he has many demands and money is part of the demands as well as other things I do not know what his demands are and i doubt anyone on this board does If they are reasonable I am sure the club would have no problem in agreeing If they are not then then i back the club fully

Cardiff City is a club with a long history and one player will never be bigger than the club I still hopes he signs but for the right reasons

Fair points but he hasn’t made any decision yet so let’s just wait and see.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:21 am

JakeBluebird wrote:Still to this day, nobody has a scooby doo what’s going on. I won’t believe any story on Gareth Bale until a club for him is confirmed.

Fair play, great post.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:24 am

He was always going to MLS, wants to copy Becks
off to LA.. .. suits his family , lifestyle, money ..
can’t blame our board of Directors at all..
looks like we have been played yet again by Agent, player ..

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:26 am

Bonner wrote:He was always going to MLS, wants to copy Becks

Who’s your source on all that info mate?

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:28 am

There is no rush to sign from his point of view. He doesn’t need a full pre season. He needs games more than anything. All of this “he is coming, he isn’t coming but it’s the boards fault, he 100% isn’t coming now oh but there’s a 99% chance he still could”

Just have some patience. If it’s July 29th and he still hasn’t signed for anyone then I’d start to question things. It’s all good to have a laugh about it but we really should never have taken it so seriously.

What will be will be.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:29 am

Didn't tan used to have a stake in LA FC. Bet he wished he still did

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:32 am

Abergavenny wrote:If Bale really wanted to join this club and supposedly the club he loves ( Which I doubt ) and money was not the issue he would have joined

If? Supposedly? You doubt? Would have joined (by now)? No doubt he has demands? You don't know his demands? Club would have no problem? If they do, you'll back them? :?

Read your own (guesstimate) post back and then go to the bit where you contradict yourself by stating (quote) "I do not know what his demands are and I doubt anyone on this board does"

I think you've hedged your bets there...! ;) :laughing6:

None of us knows what is currently occurring and to speculate otherwise is purely that; speculation... :roll:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:59 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

can’t specify name.. but the text i had was from someone who had spoken to a family member..

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:06 am

Sven wrote:

If? Supposedly? You doubt? Would have joined (by now)? No doubt he has demands? You don't know his demands? Club would have no problem? If they do, you'll back them? :?

Read your own (guesstimate) post back and then go to the bit where you contradict yourself by stating (quote) "I do not know what his demands are and I doubt anyone on this board does"

None of us knows what is currently occurring and to speculate otherwise is purely that; speculation... :roll:

This is all speculation I agree As i said i doubt anyone knows what his demands are Football forums are in large built on speculation and people who believe they are in the know ( some do get snippets of information and pass it on ) This is part of their attraction
However I see nothing wrong with my post But you seem to feel there is some issue to just putting my thought down . On what is a forum which is part of the deal here
I have not hedged my bets at all I want Bale here if possible but if his demands are unreasonable ( whatever they may be ) then i will back the club What may seem reasonable to Bales agent may not be to the club

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:08 am

Bonner wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

can’t specify name.. but the text i had was from someone who had spoken to a family member..

Funnily enough I’ve had info from someone close to a family member that contradicts what you say. One of us must be right.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:10 am

Sven wrote:

His statement is right though, even if they are assumptions. If bales demands were acceptable and he was pushing to come here, he would be here already. If he was pushing to come here but his demands were too extreme then surely the club are correct not to bow to them.

Wherever he goes I hope it's confirmed soon as the situation is getting pretty ridiculous now.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:13 am

It's only getting ridiculous on this board.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:14 am

City slicker27 wrote:
Sven wrote:

His statement is right though, even if they are assumptions. If bales demands were acceptable and he was pushing to come here, he would be here already. If he was pushing to come here but his demands were too extreme then surely the club are correct not to bow to them.

Wherever he goes I hope it's confirmed soon as the situation is getting pretty ridiculous now.

But the truth is, despite speculation, we simply don't know, do we?

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:18 am

I spoke directly to a very close family member earlier this week and they wouldn't even hint towards who his next club will be.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:25 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bonner wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Funnily enough I’ve had info from someone close to a family member that contradicts what you say. One of us must be right.

we will soon find out which family member was correct

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:49 am

I WILL SAY ONCE AGAIN,WITHOUT A DOUBT GARETH BALE STILL WANTS TO SIGN FOR HIS HOMETOWN CARDIFF / THE DEAL IS DEPENDENT ON THE CLUB & THE AGENT GETTING THE BEST DEAL POSSIBLE THEY CAN FOR EACH PARTY.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:I WILL SAY ONCE AGAIN,WITHOUT A DOUBT GARETH BALE STILL WANTS TO SIGN FOR HIS HOMETOWN CARDIFF / THE DEAL IS DEPENDENT ON THE CLUB & THE AGENT GETTING THE BEST DEAL POSSIBLE THEY CAN FOR EACH PARTY.

Hopefully they can Annis as what a signature that would be but as you say it must be right for everyone.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:55 am

Bonner wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bonner wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

we will soon find out which family member was correct

Check your pms mate :thumbup: