Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

More Cardiff City players going out:

Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:39 pm

As reported on this forum last month, Kieron Evans is going out on loan to Non League Torquay United.

Kieron Evans 21 years old this year was expected to be one of the stars from the Cardiff Academy but after 5 first team appearances, faded badly and went out on loan to Linfield where he made 5 appearances in 5 months.

James Collins is another player City are trying to move out, City might have to still pay some of his wages and will probably go out to a League 1 club.
Collins 32 yrs old scored 3 goals for Cardiff in 29 appearances.

It’s expected this week and next week that up to 6 players will be going out.

Steve Morison sees Mark Harris as one of his main strikers next season, despite having only scoring 6 goals in 54 appearances for the Bluebirds under 5 different managers.
Harris is 24 years old this year , the positive side for Morison is Harris is one of the lowest paid players.

Morison also see’s Isaak Davies who is 21 years old September as another month of his main strikers despite only 2 goals in 28 appearances for the Bluebirds.
Davies is very fast and also cheap, personally I think Davies would be a great winger.

Max Watters aged 23 has scored 1 goal in 11 appearances for the Bluebirds and 5 on loan to MK Dons in 11 appearances.
Morison is prepared to give the striker more time this season.[list=][/list]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: More Cardiff City players going out:

Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As reported on this forum last month, Kieron Evans is going out on loan to Non League Torquay United.

Kieron Evans 21 years old this year was expected to be one of the stars from the Cardiff Academy but after 5 first team appearances, faded badly and went out on loan to Linfield where he made 5 appearances in 5 months.

James Collins is another player City are trying to move out, City might have to still pay some of his wages and will probably go out to a League 1 club.
Collins 32 yrs old scored 3 goals for Cardiff in 29 appearances.

It’s expected this week and next week that up to 6 players will be going out.

Steve Morison sees Mark Harris as one of his main strikers next season, despite having only scoring 6 goals in 54 appearances for the Bluebirds under 5 different managers.
Harris is 24 years old this year , the positive side for Morison is Harris is one of the lowest paid players.

Morison also see’s Isaak Davies who is 21 years old September as another month of his main strikers despite only 2 goals in 28 appearances for the Bluebirds.
Davies is very fast and also cheap, personally I think Davies would be a great winger.

Max Watters aged 23 has scored 1 goal in 11 appearances for the Bluebirds and 5 on loan to MK Dons in 11 appearances.
Morison is prepared to give the striker more time this season.[list=][/list]

I agree with giving Watters until January. Harris I’m not a fan. His record as a striker isn’t the best shall we say, so it’s a bit concerning if he sees him as one of his main strikers this season! Davies as you said should be out on the wing.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:01 pm

A lot of those appearances mentioned there are substitute appearances .

Ironically both looked better off the bench than starting. As did most of our strikers as we couldn’t score in the 1st half- particularly under Mick.
Also both Davies & Harris have both been played out wide and in teams that create little.

If we are to judge them then this needs to be taken into account.

Both had good games and poor games, but they’ve both got something to offer.

Make or break for Harris this season, maybe a bit longer for Davies, wouldn’t write either off yet though

Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:09 pm

I can see why SM wants to keep Harris and Davies. They both work hard and in a division of fake possession teams padding stats by tossing around at the back, they both will create turnovers.

I still think Watters has something about him, he is so uncoached he still looks raw, but he moves differently from anyone since McCormack or Chops. I just think he'll hit that vein of form and take off.

In a 4231 I think Harris can do something as the attacking wide AM, he has a turn of pace, will track back, and is well-coached, he plays the percentages well.

Issac Davies needs to be loaned and insisted he plays as an inside forward in a 433. I hope last year didn't hinder him too much, but he was not ready to be in a shit championship team in the wrong position. In our 532 he was sacrificed (IMO). And if we are playing with wingbacks then there'll take his space.

Collins was a strange one, a bit of a panic buy thinking that Moore would push for a transfer and he was the closest available replacement.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:40 pm

I've said it a few times, I like Watters. He has good movement and speed, his goalscoring record, although at a lower level, shows he knows where the net is. You often see him finding space and making good runs but unfortunately we lacked the service.

I do, however, find it hard to believe that Morrison sees Harris as his main striker. Fine as a sub, although, I would prefer us to strengthen there. I wouldn't consider Davies as a striker either, I think he could could come good as a winger.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:05 am

If we could add Murphy to the list of outgoing players than that would be great.
I see Sunderland are interested.

He's had way too many chances and "fresh starts" time to move on

Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:12 am

Lawnmower wrote:A lot of those appearances mentioned there are substitute appearances .

Ironically both looked better off the bench than starting. As did most of our strikers as we couldn’t score in the 1st half- particularly under Mick.
Also both Davies & Harris have both been played out wide and in teams that create little.

Make or break for Harris this season, maybe a bit longer for Davies, wouldn’t write either off yet though

Tim , Harris has been with us for many years and was also sent out to Wrexham Non League and Newport County League 2 and failed at both clubs.
Yes great pace for 15-20 mins but he’s 24 yrs old he would of made it by now after 5 different Cardiff managers have managed him. Harris is kept on because he is cheap.

James Collins, it’s a def NO from me as a Championship striker and I said that from day one.

Isaak Davies, he could shine this coming season, but could also be a great winger.

If you believe they can all do it for us, then for me it’s bottom 3 for us this season.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:A lot of those appearances mentioned there are substitute appearances .

Tim , Harris has been with us for many years and was also sent out to Wrexham Non League and Newport County League 2 and failed at both clubs.
Yes great pace for 15-20 mins but he’s 24 yrs old he would of made it by now after 5 different Cardiff managers have managed him. Harris is kept on because he is cheap.

James Collins, it’s a def NO from me as a Championship striker and I said that from day one.

Isaak Davies, he could shine this coming season, but could also be a great winger.

If you believe they can all do it for us, then for me it’s bottom 3 for us this season.

I think you’re right on Collins and Harris, although Harris isn’t a bad forward to bring on if we’re in front and just need to close people down. But as you say, at 24 you would have expected more from him.

Davies isn’t the finished article and deserves a bit more patience. He’s been unlucky with little injuries too. I’ve always said he’s a wide player but let’s see how he does this season.

Watters I’m still not convinced on but I will go with Morison’s decision on him.

We need a good striker, loan or full signing. We’ll see see what the window brings us but we need goals in this team.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:41 am

I should have added to the above that if Bale does come then I would expect him to be the main striker.

He isn’t going to be doing the tracking back out wide that we’ll need and we need to get him on the ball where he can do damage.

Big “if” though.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:10 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:If we could add Murphy to the list of outgoing players than that would be great.

I think Murphy has now been released. Signed a 4 yr deal in 2018 and did not renew at any point.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:33 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think you’re right on Collins and Harris, although Harris isn’t a bad forward to bring on if we’re in front and just need to close people down. But as you say, at 24 you would have expected more from him.

Davies isn’t the finished article and deserves a bit more patience. He’s been unlucky with little injuries too. I’ve always said he’s a wide player but let’s see how he does this season.

Watters I’m still not convinced on but I will go with Morison’s decision on him.

We need a good striker, loan or full signing. We’ll see see what the window brings us but we need goals in this team.

I agree with you on everything you’ve said, but I would move Harris and Collins out now.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree with you on everything you’ve said, but I would move Harris and Collins out now.

Annis as you know if City can get some money for them they will be gone, would not surprise me to see City allowing them to go for free nearer to when the window closes!

Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:00 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:If we could add Murphy to the list of outgoing players than that would be great.

:thumbup: