Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales only get 2,500 Tickets for World Cup “

Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:10 am

Wales to get around 2,500 tickets for their 3 World Cup games at the 50,000-capacity Ahmad bin Ali Stadium

@FAWales CEO Noel Mooney: “We only get 5 per cent of the stadium. It is not a lot, we have to work with FIFA and other angles to try and get as many tickets as we can.”

England officially as well have only received 2,500 tickets per match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Wales only get 2,500 Tickets for World Cup “

Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:32 am

Also no fan zones apparently they are giving ids to ticket holders only and with no tickets not allowed in country as they are worried there's not enough accommodation what a shambles

Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:42 am

Absolutely shocking by FIFA again, total disregard for football fans and just out to appease the rich and elite, back handers to football associations to suspend leagues while they all go off on a jolly for a month.

Fecking shambles and will not be surprised to see empty stadiums or more than likely stadiums filled with rich Arabs. These are the options so far:

1. Cannot book accom until you have ticket and accommodation address.
2. stay outside Qatar
3. Watch it in pub at home
4. Our option---Flight to Abu Dhabi, hotel in Abu Dhabi, fly in and out of Doha
5. Fly out to Lanzarote and watch the whole tournament for half the price!

:banghead:

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:04 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Absolutely shocking by FIFA again, total disregard for football fans and just out to appease the rich and elite, back handers to football associations to suspend leagues while they all go off on a jolly for a month.

Fecking shambles and will not be surprised to see empty stadiums or more than likely stadiums filled with rich Arabs. These are the options so far:

2. stay outside Qatar

Option 5 should be stay in a five star hotel in Lanzarote with drink and food included for half the price or less lol

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:54 am

Arrest found with drugs could be hanged - prison for drinking on streets - jail if found in company with anyone with drugs - no entry in to country without accommodation code : 60000 stadium only 2000 welsh fans wtf no interest for me now what so ever :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:20 pm

mallo wrote:Arrest found with drugs could be hanged - prison for drinking on streets - jail if found in company with anyone with drugs - no entry in to country without accommodation code : 60000 stadium only 2000 welsh fans wtf no interest for me now what so ever :bluescarf:

A mate of mine's mate got 14 months for being under influence of alcohol in public! so not the place to be wandering off pissed.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:29 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
mallo wrote:Arrest found with drugs could be hanged - prison for drinking on streets - jail if found in company with anyone with drugs - no entry in to country without accommodation code : 60000 stadium only 2000 welsh fans wtf no interest for me now what so ever :bluescarf:

A mate of mine's mate got 14 months for being under influence of alcohol in public! so not the place to be wandering off pissed.

That’s all the welsh extended stay then lol

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:44 pm

They the authoroties have already stated they want there relgion culture and ways of life respected ffs
Imagine any european or anywhere saying we want you here but with so many restrictions
Drinking culture goes along with football imo its a shocking place to hold the world cup france 2016 we drank in the street to all hours sang etc there will be none of that it will be confined to hotels only really not worth the trip and exspence.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:55 pm

montyblue wrote:They the authoroties have already stated they want there relgion culture and ways of life respected ffs
Imagine any european or anywhere saying we want you here but with so many restrictions
Drinking culture goes along with football imo its a shocking place to hold the world cup france 2016 we drank in the street to all hours sang etc there will be none of that it will be confined to hotels only really not worth the trip and exspence.

£17 a pint aswell

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:55 pm

Why don’t you all save your money and watch the Wales games on TV. You can then use the cash saving to follow your favourite club side, Cardiff City.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:30 pm

I hope they have the cardiff city stadium as a fan zone mark drakeford won' t even allow in the city he' s an egg

Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:10 pm

mallo wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

That’s all the welsh extended stay then lol

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'Don't take me home'. :o

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:05 pm

What a joke it is having it in Qatar, can hardly think of a worse place to be honest. Nice time of year to get away, might just go visit a mate who lives in Barcelona and watch a few games there…. :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:18 pm

Typical corrupt FIFA. Don't care about the fans. Only reason Qatar got it was by bribery, same as Russia. Thousands have died building the stadiums and their human rights record is shocking. I hope the FAW have fan zones around the country and the biggest at the CCS for those not traveling. Those ticket allocations are just ridiculous for a WC.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:32 pm

I doubt we’d get a fan zone at the CCS. Having 10k fans on the pitch along with all the kit for the screens would ruin the pitch and we won’t have time to fix it before the season starts up again at the end of December. Cooper’s field, the Millennium Stadium, Roald Dahl Plas, the Castle, etc would all suffice however.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:52 pm

That's a good point, I forgot it is a winter tournament this year. Plenty of places to have fan zones though, I hope FAW, Cardiff Council and the WG make it happen.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:03 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Absolutely shocking by FIFA again, total disregard for football fans and just out to appease the rich and elite, back handers to football associations to suspend leagues while they all go off on a jolly for a month.

2. stay outside Qatar

Cannot fly into Qatar from anywhere without ticket reference numbers.... stadium for wales 40k hence low number but must be worst decision in the whole history of the sorry corrupt organisation that is FIFA ..... most tickets goes to local people (rich ones) o the hangers on under the. guise of cooperate sponsors...... did see ocky white travel is offering package for 3 wales games going to Dubai for 11 nights B&B transfer to dohah for each game but find own way to match £4750 pp other packages available 1 or 2 wales games

Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:31 pm

Don’t forget the 17 years in prison for drinking/being drunk :)

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:00 am

montyblue wrote:They the authoroties have already stated they want there relgion culture and ways of life respected ffs

Welsh Drinking Lives Matter

Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:50 pm

A friend is living out there now and he said all they want is the eyes of the world in them to elevate their perceive place in the world, no legacy and certainly not for profit. He said they’re getting all hands on pumps with works even now, nationals are being pulled from their days jobs to help out! I asked about the 2,500 ticket allocation and he said, he got 14 tickets, every ticket he wanted no problem and could have got more! All stadiums are in a very close proximity to each other and they don’t have the infrastructure to support a huge influx of fans, not to mention security issues that would bring. Like it’s our problem that they are hosting the World Cup! It’s a disgrace and hopefully the last corrupt World Cup. Gutted our first tournament in 64 years is in a desert.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:18 pm

Can't see many going with the amount of tickets given : their rules : cost : booking of hotels etc etc ...

Making the "RED WALL " - Look more like RED Bricks over their :( :roll:

Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:04 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:A friend is living out there now and he said all they want is the eyes of the world in them to elevate their perceive place in the world, no legacy and certainly not for profit. He said they’re getting all hands on pumps with works even now, nationals are being pulled from their days jobs to help out! I asked about the 2,500 ticket allocation and he said, he got 14 tickets, every ticket he wanted no problem and could have got more! All stadiums are in a very close proximity to each other and they don’t have the infrastructure to support a huge influx of fans, not to mention security issues that would bring. Like it’s our problem that they are hosting the World Cup! It’s a disgrace and hopefully the last corrupt World Cup. Gutted our first tournament in 64 years is in a desert.

Spot on, its all about them

Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:04 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:A friend is living out there now and he said all they want is the eyes of the world in them to elevate their perceive place in the world, no legacy and certainly not for profit. He said they’re getting all hands on pumps with works even now, nationals are being pulled from their days jobs to help out! I asked about the 2,500 ticket allocation and he said, he got 14 tickets, every ticket he wanted no problem and could have got more! All stadiums are in a very close proximity to each other and they don’t have the infrastructure to support a huge influx of fans, not to mention security issues that would bring. Like it’s our problem that they are hosting the World Cup! It’s a disgrace and hopefully the last corrupt World Cup. Gutted our first tournament in 64 years is in a desert.

If live there getting tickets no problem but how do you get hands on them when there is no transfer of tickets and guessing there will be strict checks on the person getting into country or stadiums with tickets... sounds like all other pheories on going there getting ticket no problem so we'll book everything else in readiness to go hoping ticket problem will be ok. :shock:

Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:28 am

I’m gutted aswell mate, it’s bitter sweet for me. Never mind the thousands of slaves that have died in the process.

I wonder if they’ll be taking the knee, how tragically ironic that would be.

Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:01 pm

Unbelievable really ain’t it pal , all this waiting and when we finally qualify is in a country that makes nobody’s top 100 places to visit . The next one is a cracker , US, Canada snd Mexico .

I researched Qatar and it sounds grim / difficult on many levels . Going to do Dubai where accommodation is aplenty and drink less of a problem