So if their was civil unrest ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If civil unrest would you

1 Join in
29%
2 Would not join in
61%
3 agree with it but let other people do it for you ?
10%

Total votes : 31

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed May 25, 2022 1:19 pm

If their was civil unrest over the cost of living would you ?
Nuclearblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: So if their was civil unrest ?

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed May 25, 2022 1:24 pm

It ain't as bad as the 70's yet but it would achieve nothing and the law would respond in kind.It's not just us going through it.It's world wide.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed May 25, 2022 1:28 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:If their was civil unrest over the cost of living would you ?

I noticed you haven't voted yet.
Sneggyblubird

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:11 pm

The parasites have been taking the piss for too long now. We are supposed to trust them, yet they're destroying the economy and putting more and more people into poverty whilst stripping our rights at the same time. Things are going to get a lot worse and people need to come together, in some manner, to stop this.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed May 25, 2022 3:59 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:The parasites have been taking the piss for too long now. We are supposed to trust them, yet they're destroying the economy and putting more and more people into poverty whilst stripping our rights at the same time. Things are going to get a lot worse and people need to come together, in some manner, to stop this.

Cool. And how exactly are you going to fix the world economy?
Welshman in CA

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:08 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:The parasites have been taking the piss for too long now. We are supposed to trust them, yet they're destroying the economy and putting more and more people into poverty whilst stripping our rights at the same time. Things are going to get a lot worse and people need to come together, in some manner, to stop this.

It's not my job to fix the world economy. The central bankers, with their friends in politics, have destroyed it. They are the people we trust to protect it.

Here's a great documentary about money I'd suggest watching when you get the chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcGh1Dex4Yo

What I have done to protect myself, is move my assets out of things backed by fiat currency. Into Bitcoin and Gold. I'm not suggesting everybody does this, as there is risk involved and people may not understand what they are doing. But you might want to explore alternative methods to trusting central bankers to look after you.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed May 25, 2022 4:15 pm

Of course it's not your job, it never is with the people complaining. No need to read the rest once you said that you didn't have a solution.
Welshman in CA

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:16 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Of course it's not your job, it never is with the people complaining. No need to read the rest once you said that you didn't have a solution.

:lol:
JasonFowler1991

Postby Xenonbluebird » Thu May 26, 2022 6:14 am

It would not surprise me if the British public does not take part in any civil unrest.

If anything, somebody would outsource to the French, they are good at civil unrest.
Xenonbluebird

Postby Jock » Thu May 26, 2022 7:35 am

Too old for rioting but the game is rigged, irrespective of which party is in power. Watched a thing on Netflix by disillusioned Clinton economic adviser Robert Reich. The supposedly far right Tea Party and extreme left Occupy Wall Street both want the same thing, a fairer society. It’s time Amazon, Starbucks, Google, etc started paying their fair share. Every crash is caused by the greedy bassas in the financial sector, then we, the tax payers, bail them out and the super rich get even richer.
Jock

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 26, 2022 8:15 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

It's not my job to fix the world economy. The central bankers, with their friends in politics, have destroyed it. They are the people we trust to protect it.

Here's a great documentary about money I'd suggest watching when you get the chance:

What I have done to protect myself, is move my assets out of things backed by fiat currency. Into Bitcoin and Gold. I'm not suggesting everybody does this, as there is risk involved and people may not understand what they are doing. But you might want to explore alternative methods to trusting central bankers to look after you.

Hows your bitcoin going?

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/f ... istory.asp
Bluebina

Postby lordllanbradach@icloud.com » Thu May 26, 2022 9:43 am

Xenonbluebird wrote:It would not surprise me if the British public does not take part in any civil unrest.

If anything, somebody would outsource to the French, they are good at civil unrest.

Spot on there, not saying it is the correct thing to do, but if people choose that path, boy do they get results!
lordllanbradach@icloud.com

Postby bluebird04 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:38 am

genuine question here, what do you mean by civil unrest, is that a riot ?

i dont think there will/would be riots, i think protests are likely. but my mates wife works in green/renewable energies said this news although awful for the poor (the cost of energy) its great in terms of now, the government have to seriously invest in green energy which she said could create an employement boom within the country.
bluebird04

Postby Don Keydick » Thu May 26, 2022 10:44 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:It ain't as bad as the 70's yet but it would achieve nothing and the law would respond in kind.It's not just us going through it.It's world wide.

Our politicians are jack booting all over us. They are pushing this green agenda and forcing it on us without any thought as to how it's going to work properly, not only are E cars stupid money, they haven't thought out the network of charging points, people without off road parking are not going to able to charge them easily. Then we hear they are going to do away with boilers for these heat pumps that are nowhere near as efficient, and then there's the problem of siting them if you haven't got the room.
We all know that this pandemic had to be paid for by us, but what they're piling on us is beyond paying for that. We have 650 MP's in the house of commons, and I wonder how many of them are not thieves, robbers, scammers or perverts. Basically, they are taking the piss, bringing legislation in a bit at a time and thinking we'll just shrug our shoulders and get on with it. There comes a time when the people have to say enough is enough, and it's only when the people turn on them that they'll start to take notice.
Don Keydick

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Hows your bitcoin going?

It goes through cycles mate, this is nothing out of the norm and it happens every 4 years. I actually like these dumps, as I can accumulate more.

In comparing to many tech stocks, it's also doing better. I've been investing for over 8 years, so to answer your question its doing very well. I have a low time preference, meaning I dont care about day to day price swings. I have 5-10 year goals.

Im also focussed on it from a philosphical level, not just financial. When you understand how money is created, how endless wars and all the other bullshit we have to go through is funded, it changes your perspective and you see the true value in it.

Essentially, Bitcoin is short term volatility with a long term upwards trend. Fiat currency is short term stability with a longterm downward trend.
JasonFowler1991

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:17 pm

Don Keydick wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:It ain't as bad as the 70's yet but it would achieve nothing and the law would respond in kind.It's not just us going through it.It's world wide.

Our politicians are jack booting all over us. They are pushing this green agenda and forcing it on us without any thought as to how it's going to work properly, not only are E cars stupid money, they haven't thought out the network of charging points, people without off road parking are not going to able to charge them easily. Then we hear they are going to do away with boilers for these heat pumps that are nowhere near as efficient, and then there's the problem of siting them if you haven't got the room.
We all know that this pandemic had to be paid for by us, but what they're piling on us is beyond paying for that. We have 650 MP's in the house of commons, and I wonder how many of them are not thieves, robbers, scammers or perverts. Basically, they are taking the piss, bringing legislation in a bit at a time and thinking we'll just shrug our shoulders and get on with it. There comes a time when the people have to say enough is enough, and it's only when the people turn on them that they'll start to take notice.

Wait until the carbon footprint calculator is introduced (Mastercard already testing it), along with a CBDC. The government will be telling what you can and cannot spend your money on in the near future.

ESG is essentially a cover up for a social credit system.
JasonFowler1991

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Thu May 26, 2022 1:23 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Hows your bitcoin going?

It goes through cycles mate, this is nothing out of the norm and it happens every 4 years. I actually like these dumps, as I can accumulate more.

In comparing to many tech stocks, it's also doing better. I've been investing for over 8 years, so to answer your question its doing very well. I have a low time preference, meaning I dont care about day to day price swings. I have 5-10 year goals.

Im also focussed on it from a philosphical level, not just financial. When you understand how money is created, how endless wars and all the other bullshit we have to go through is funded, it changes your perspective and you see the true value in it.

Essentially, Bitcoin is short term volatility with a long term upwards trend. Fiat currency is short term stability with a longterm downward trend.

Do you think bitcoin is at the bottom yet?
ElyBoy1984

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 26, 2022 3:11 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

Wait until the carbon footprint calculator is introduced (Mastercard already testing it), along with a CBDC. The government will be telling what you can and cannot spend your money on in the near future.

ESG is essentially a cover up for a social credit system.

The great reset theory!
Bluebina

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu May 26, 2022 4:04 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Hows your bitcoin going?

So you're close to if not a millionaire then I presume as Bitcoin was less than $200 over eight years ago and you've been investing all this time, 10 years ago it was even less. Even if you bought it 8 years ago it was less than $1,000 so well done. It is now well over half of its price high but that's just numbers on a page to a savvy investor like yourself.
Welshman in CA

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu May 26, 2022 6:11 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Hows your bitcoin going?

It's very speculative, but I personally think it will bottom out around December time, move sideways for a year, and then in 2024 we will start seeing explosive moves upwards again. So I am currently dollar cost averaging and will continue to accumulate until then.

What are your thoughts?
JasonFowler1991

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu May 26, 2022 6:13 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Hows your bitcoin going?

So you're close to if not a millionaire then I presume as Bitcoin was less than $200 over eight years ago and you've been investing all this time, 10 years ago it was even less. Even if you bought it 8 years ago it was less than $1,000 so well done. It is now well over half of its price high but that's just numbers on a page to a savvy investor like yourself.

I've no interest in having salty conversations with people on the internet, so I will leave it at that :ayatollah:
JasonFowler1991

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu May 26, 2022 6:56 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Hows your bitcoin going?

I've no interest in having salty conversations with people on the internet, so I will leave it at that :ayatollah:

How do you turn well done into a salty conversation? But yeah I guess being fact checked is never a good look.
Welshman in CA

Postby goats » Thu May 26, 2022 7:02 pm

I don’t think there will be any serious social unrest in the uk, not on the scale of the 80’s riots, the poll tax riots of the 90’s etc…there just isn’t that type of youth to do it anymore. A couple of chavs with blades aren’t really going to change the world are they?
goats

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:38 pm

Is it really that bad in the UK? Yes things have gone up but personally I've just not spent as much or changed my products I've bought ,shop in lidi instead of marks and sparks,also turned off lights and gas termosat so I can heat my swimming pool .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:Is it really that bad in the UK? Yes things have gone up but personally I've just not spent as much or changed my products I've bought ,shop in lidi instead of marks and sparks,also turned off lights and gas termosat so I can heat my swimming pool .

I think its relative, the impacts will vary from person to person, depending on your financial means. Many will have found themselves out of work, and prices for food, petrol and utilities is increasing. I suspect it will get worse as time progresses. That said, it's not as bad as it is in places like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, where there is actual chaos.

With wheat production grinding to a halt due to the conflict in Ukraine and Russia, lockdowns in China, as well as increased production costs in Europe, I think food shortages are not an unrealistic thing in the short to near term future.

Wish i had a swimming pool :( haha.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Bluebina » Fri May 27, 2022 1:31 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Hows your bitcoin going?

I've bought some cryptos, i'm going to treat them as a high risk gamble as it's too volatile. I'm just going to map them and buy at around all time lows and sell in phases on the way up, not be too greedy and try and try to guess the top, then do it again when they crash. I did that with technollogy funds and sold at the first drops in November, it almost looks like to time to buy back in many funds are way lower. Then I have more sensible funds mostly global for the mojority of the money invest and hold and let time do it's job over 10 years plus.

Good luck with your strategy :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Fri May 27, 2022 1:58 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Hows your bitcoin going?

It's very speculative, but I personally think it will bottom out around December time, move sideways for a year, and then in 2024 we will start seeing explosive moves upwards again. So I am currently dollar cost averaging and will continue to accumulate until then.

What are your thoughts?

I'm pretty new to BTC so can't really say. Good to hear your thoughts though. I've been watching the price daily for a few weeks. It seems to be stuck at around 23k give or take a few hundred. Maybe this is the bottom of this cycle, i've seen commentators say it still has some way to go down though
ElyBoy1984

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:47 pm

Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Hows your bitcoin going?

I've bought some cryptos, i'm going to treat them as a high risk gamble as it's too volatile. I'm just going to map them and buy at around all time lows and sell in phases on the way up, not be too greedy and try and try to guess the top, then do it again when they crash. I did that with technollogy funds and sold at the first drops in November, it almost looks like to time to buy back in many funds are way lower. Then I have more sensible funds mostly global for the mojority of the money invest and hold and let time do it's job over 10 years plus.

Good luck with your strategy :thumbup:

This is the strategy that works best for me, too. I was trying to trade for a long time, and was getting rekt from time to time. Also chasing other tokens that were rallying. I find its best to find 5-7 tokens you like, with strong fundamentals, and just keep dollar cost averaging in and out.

But there could still be more downward price action to come, I see it as opportunity, more than anything, to accumulate more at lower costs.
JasonFowler1991

Postby pipster » Fri May 27, 2022 8:59 pm

If things dont change pretty quick - yes there will be civil uunrest - but probably not in the way we think it may happen.
I think in very large numbers people will stop paying their bills - if you havent got it - then you cant pay it.

We are in a unique situation - we have inflation caused by a global problem rather than a home grown problem. So there is nothing we can do about global food prices / gas / oil / petrol / wheat etc - as it is all made abroad - and we dont set the price.

We have the post covid boom - that has also pushed up prices from anything like wood, to xboa's because shipping costs have gone up.

We have stagflation - and there is very little we can do about that. If the Govt take off fuel duty , and the taxes they put on other things - then this would lower the prices (perhaps) but then we would have to borrow more money to fulfil the lower tax take.

There will be passive agressive actions under taken by people - they cant take the whole country to court or disconnect large numbers of homes.

Of course if you work in the public - you'll be ok - or if you are in the RMT union on 60k a years plus your 25% pension you'll be ok. But a large part of this country wont be ok.
pipster

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri May 27, 2022 11:38 pm

Won't be mass civil unrest Nukes those days have moved on.

The mass populace has over the last few years been perfectly tested and proven to be compliant and those of us who can see what is coming have been pushed to the margins and denounced as conspiracy theorists and loons.

Even when they publish books and announce their plans to the world at Davos it's still just 'theories'.

We've been systematically programmed to buy into the constant self-loathing (BLM/Extinction Rebellion), mass fear and hysteria of those around us (COVID), and acceptance of obvious untruths (Trans Agenda). If you question any of it, even with solid data, evidence and a logic your a bigot, a racist, a transphobe, a climate denier etc etc.

The middle class has been systematically squeezed into oblivion, while the poor are reliant on food banks and most folks still just don't give a damn. We're constantly divided and distracted by pantomime politics when they truth is they are all the same, regardless of the colour of the tie they where. To quote the Richey Edwards 'Democracy is an empty lie'. Always has been, i reckon, just it's more obvious now than ever before.

Morality and individual responsibility have been slowly but carefully removed piece by piece across the last twenty or so years leaving two generations (Millennials and Gen Z) with no foundations. They are lost generations, taught to hate themselves and the world around them and they're walking in a self absorbed daydream off a nihilistic cliff.

Financially, millennials are nothing but modern day serfs, they'll own nothing and never be happier apparently.

In other words they have a life mapped out where they work just to live without ever having any hope of building something better for them or their children. As someone on the cusp of Gen X and Millennial I see it all too often in many of my millennial friends. Just a sad resignation to the fact that they will be renters forever. Generally they don't acknowledge it, not even to themselves, but it is there in their eyes all the same.

The 'Boomer generation, particularly the older ones, still hold on to the old ideas that if you work hard, you can make something of yourself. They don't see, or don't want to see that the game has been changed and the old rules don't apply, so they don't see that the danger we are facing. They too are sleep walking into oblivion, just for different reasons. They don't want to face the cognitive dissonance of having to accept that the institutions they've put faith in all their lives were nothing but theatre, that everything we were told to believe is built on empty lies and broken promises.

We have governments come in and out but it doesn't make any difference. Change the colour of the rosette, put a new face in there, but nothing really changes. The same puppet masters are pulling the strings and the same shite continues.

Without wanting to be bleak, i've got to the point where I honestly don't think there is much that we can do. What will be will be. My focus now is just on getting as much of a head start for me and the family as I can, before they pull the drawbridge up entirely. Getting us just about set before the opportunity to do so is lost for everyone else that follows.

There is a glimmer of hope that I still hold onto in that the whole woke agenda that seems to be the glue that binds it all together is and always be a Mexican firing squad, because no one can be pure enough to meet the ever tightening demands of this neo-religious movement.

They will eat each other eventually. In fact, they already are, just take JK Rowling as the prime example she went from full Wokista to TERF enemy number one in a blink of an eye. So there is a chance they've pushed to hard too fast and enough people will wake up to the realisation that the world's not just gone mad by accident and realise the madness has been carefully constructed. But I doubt it.

The war in Ukraine is a yet another perfect distraction, another endless war to fill the coffers and keep us proles satisfied with our five minutes of hate. The Russians get to hate the West, we get to hate Russia and rich men get to play real-life risk while they send our children to war. By the time we get bored of that, there will be another manufactured crisis. Another martyr like George Floyd to push racial division, another poster child like Greta Thunberg to push climate alarmism, another virus to make us all afraid.

So i've given up paying attention to any of the bullshit that keeps buzzing about us like flies around shit. Just focusing on the important stuff. The wife, the kids, finding happiness in simple stuff like growing vegetables and kicking a ball about with the boy.

Look out for yourself, your family and those around you who you know you can trust, that's my sole focus now. The rest of the world is going to hell in a hand basket and I'm too tired of trying to convince those who refuse to see it.

Sorry for the long rant mate. Just my honest thoughts. Hope you and your misses are well and doing OK :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Next

Return to General Chat