The Yorkshire Post report the former Cardiff City loanee has

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 25, 2022 12:55 pm

The Yorkshire Post report the former Cardiff City loanee Cody Drameh has already met with boss Jesse Marsch to outline his ambitions to prove himself at first-team level at Elland Road next season, in a move that will likely come as a blow to any hope of bringing Drameh back to south Wales.

Wednesday 25th May 2022

Drameh is understood to have enjoyed his five months in the capital, where he made 22 league appearances for the club. His stint proved so successful he was even named Cardiff's Player of the Season.

But Cody Drameh wants to try and get in to the first team of Leeds next season and will be going he makes a good impression in Leeds pre-season friendlies.

There had previously been indications the full-back was open to a return, with boss Steve Morison making little secret of his own eagerness to bring the 20-year-old back to the club. However, Drameh's rich run of form in a blue shirt has attracted plenty of admirers, and the level of competition has sparked growing pessimism over Cardiff's chances of securing a return.

Another loan move would have likely been off the table completely had Leeds failed to secure their Premier League status, but even after confirming their place in the top flight on a dramatic final day, there's still a chance Cardiff, and indeed other admirers in the Championship, may yet miss out.

The prospect of another loan move has never been categorically ruled out, but it appears Drameh's current preference is to earn first-team minutes in the Premier League, and he may be well placed to fight his way into Marsch's first-team plans.

Stuart Dallas and Luke Ayling are currently on the treatment table, while alternative full-back Jamie Shackleton is seemingly out of favour, meaning Drameh's chances of an opportunity have arguably improved, with the new season just 10 weeks away.

That said, Morison would, in an ideal world, still like him back in a City shirt next term.

STEVE MORISON:

“Yeah, that’s common knowledge," he said when asked about wanting to sign Drameh once again.

"I don’t think anyone else in the league would mind having him. He has been top drawer. He is a great kid and he deserved all the awards he’s got. He is a top example to any of our young players, if they want to know how to get to the top and be as good as him - take a leaf out of his book.

"He credited his award to the sports psychologist coach that he has personally. He has a strict plan each match day. Coach journeys he is watching a video masterclass in 1v1s. If any of our young players want to know how to get to the top, that’s how he got to the top. He is investing in himself.

"He is already top drawer and he is trying to get to the top. He came out in Champions League football boots the other day and he said, ‘That’s where I want to get to’. He will get there. He has got that in him. If we had 11 Cody Dramehs we wouldn’t be far away."

However, it appears Drameh's preference at the moment is to have a crack at the breaking the Premier League.
Attachments
B1BD1F93-0D95-4A59-BB8A-DBEBDF95CD0F.jpeg
B1BD1F93-0D95-4A59-BB8A-DBEBDF95CD0F.jpeg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 7010 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The Yorkshire Post report the former Cardiff City loanee

Postby Igovernor » Wed May 25, 2022 1:28 pm

He is only doing what he did last season, if they cannot guarantee him playing time at right back then he will want to go out on loan again, whether that be with us or elswhere!
Igovernor

Postby Paul Keevil » Wed May 25, 2022 7:42 pm

I see that as positive for us.

He is essentially saying either include me as part of the squad or allow me to play elsewhere (e.g Cardiff)

Seems like he wants a quick decision and does not want to wait until last minute

Sounds like the lad has his head screwed on
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed May 25, 2022 11:01 pm

Igovernor wrote:He is only doing what he did last season, if they cannot guarantee him playing time at right back then he will want to go out on loan again, whether that be with us or elswhere!

Spot On .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu May 26, 2022 3:32 am

Here we go again.

Shame we never bought the like of Drameh or Ryan Giles. With both of them on board we could start believing again.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 26, 2022 8:01 am

Paul Keevil wrote:I see that as positive for us.

He is essentially saying either include me as part of the squad or allow me to play elsewhere (e.g Cardiff)

Seems like he wants a quick decision and does not want to wait until last minute

Sounds like the lad has his head screwed on

Agreed and whats also positive is that he and Morison seem to have a bit of respect for each other, hopefully if he does go out on loan that could be a positive for us.
Bluebina

Return to General Chat