Would you try and get rid of any of these & do we need stren

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 23, 2022 11:32 am

Would you try and get rid of any of these?

Would you strengthen!

Are these Championship goal scorers ??

Cardiff City forwards 2022-23 who are still under contract:

Forwards: Max Watters, Isaak Davies, Mark Harris, James Collins

My View:

If you rely on these 4 my view, we would be bottom 3 next season.

Max Watters age 23, league 1
Cardiff 11 / 1 goal MK Dons 11 / 5

Isaak Davies age 22 this year : 28 appearances/ 2 goals , fast maybe a winger not a striker ,give him another season

Mark Harris age 24 . 55 / 5 goals just not good enough, 5 Cardiff managers have all given him a chance m.
Went to Wrexham 24 / 3 goals went to Newport 16 / 2 goals.

James Collins age 32 this year, League 1
29 / 3 goals

Get rid of 3 out 4

Need two quality strikers in my view.
Attachments
4BE4601C-4643-4700-9BA9-D113F9B822FA.jpeg
4BE4601C-4643-4700-9BA9-D113F9B822FA.jpeg (91.32 KiB) Viewed 6498 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Would you try and get rid of any of these & do we need s

Postby philrogers » Mon May 23, 2022 11:37 am

I can't argue with that.
philrogers

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:49 am

I would keep Davies and maybe give Watters one more chance. Davies as a winger. Watters is a difficult one. He can play off the shoulder of the defenders and he gets in the right positions, just needs to finish his chances. I would give him until January to see if he can find his shooting boots!
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon May 23, 2022 11:58 am

Keep Davies and Harris. But both probably no more than squad players. As original poster suggests... we need better. Hopefully some proper strikers incoming.
jimmy_rat

Postby piledriver64 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:37 pm

Max Watters - let him go, not sure he's got enough to make it at Championship level and I don't think he can adapt to having to press from the front.

Isaak Davies - keep. I do think he has got something different, may have to play put wide but certainly not a lost cause yet.

Mark Harris - Let him go. At his age I would expect to see more from him by now so perhaps a change is needed. Certainly can't fault his effort though.

James Collins - let go. Move hasn't worked and unlikely to get much of a game next season.
piledriver64

Postby LaBamba » Mon May 23, 2022 1:07 pm

Change in style this season, one that could benefit Watters a lot. He's not had the best start but his skillset was never going to work in last season's big and small combo.

Davies contribution is much bigger than goals, he changes a game when on the pitch. I think he is a left winger rather than a striker and think he will be used that way going forward.

Harris and Collins think they'll go.
LaBamba

Postby AfricanBluebird » Mon May 23, 2022 1:17 pm

Like you, I see Davies more of a winger so I would keep and play him on the wing or on the right or left of a front 3.

Watters and Harris - apparently on low wages so keep around the squad and see if one takes their chance when it comes (if either do)... if one steps up, sell or loan the other, if none so, loan them out or sell next Jan/June.

You're right about Harris, my only reluctance to not get rid of him now is that he hasn't really been given a chance in a more attacking and stable side. But I have my doubts as to whether he is championship level. Bemused at his Welsh squad inclusuion to be honest.

Collins - I think he would score more than he did for us last season - in a more creative / less defensive side... but let's be honest, he is not going to score enough to help us push into the play offs. So yeah, let him go.

So we need two strikers which includes a proven goal-scorer at this level,
AfricanBluebird

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:48 pm

Keep Watters and give him one last opportunity. There's clearly a goalscorer in there, let's see if he can do it at this level with better players around him. Keep Davies and play him as a winger. Let Collins and Harris go.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 23, 2022 2:20 pm

I'd keep Davies and possibly Harris, we need two decent strikers in at least.
Bluebina

Postby ccfcblue1980 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Watters impressed me with his movement in last couple of games. Seems hooking him before half time may have helped. Give him a chance and agree with Davies.
Harris gives his all.
Collins too but to old lol
ccfcblue1980

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:39 pm

ccfcblue1980 wrote:Watters impressed me with his movement in last couple of games. Seems hooking him before half time may have helped. Give him a chance and agree with Davies.
Harris gives his all.
Collins too but to old lol

Agree with everything you've said.

I feel like Watters makes intelligent runs that weren't always picked out by our midfielders. Would have loved to have seen him play with Doyle more, or now a more creative central midfielder. His scoring record shows he knows where the net is. Whether a lower division or not, his goal to game ratio is impressive, and far better than any of our other strikers.

I'd like to see him given a solid run of games.
JasonFowler1991

Postby nubbsy » Mon May 23, 2022 2:44 pm

Keep Davies, he would have learnt alot from last year and deserves a place in the squad next season.

The other 3 aren't good enough and we should offload them asap.
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 23, 2022 3:28 pm

Norwich, Burnley & Watford now all Championships clubs

£40m in year one, £25m in year two and £15m in year three.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Llantwit bluebird » Mon May 23, 2022 3:34 pm

Collins & Harris need to move on clearly not good enough. Davies I believe will come good, jury still out on Watters.
Llantwit bluebird

Postby NIBluebird » Mon May 23, 2022 3:39 pm

Llantwit bluebird wrote:Collins & Harris need to move on clearly not good enough. Davies I believe will come good, jury still out on Watters.

Perfect response

You're right also Annis , we need a recognised striker or we'll be in serious trouble and Bale isnt the answer
NIBluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:21 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Max Watters - let him go, not sure he's got enough to make it at Championship level and I don't think he can adapt to having to press from the front.

Isaak Davies - keep. I do think he has got something different, may have to play put wide but certainly not a lost cause yet.

Mark Harris - Let him go. At his age I would expect to see more from him by now so perhaps a change is needed. Certainly can't fault his effort though.

James Collins - let go. Move hasn't worked and unlikely to get much of a game next season.

This
bluebirdoct1962

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 23, 2022 7:46 pm

Let's remember its not even June yet and the transfer window hasn't opened properly.

We've made four very early signings. There will be many more and I'd expect at least two strikers to be included in that.

Don't forget the best loans are not normally available until preseason tours have been done in July.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pipster » Tue May 24, 2022 9:20 am

Max Watters, Isaak Davies, Mark Harris, James Collins

Davies as winger , Mark Harris still hasnt shown he has it, Collins - back up at best, Watters not sure but not a main striker.

so none of the above really - Are any of them as good as Chopra / Bothroyd / McCormack ? - not in my opinion
pipster

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue May 24, 2022 10:40 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Let's remember its not even June yet and the transfer window hasn't opened properly.

We've made four very early signings. There will be many more and I'd expect at least two strikers to be included in that.

Don't forget the best loans are not normally available until preseason tours have been done in July.

I agree with you far to early yet to get what we want.

Collins and Harris will be sold if there is any interest and there is.
Davies needs this coming season to push on and as far as Watters is concerned I think he needs a good run in the team. Out of the 4 he certainly gets into the right positions and knows where the goals are. Whilst the other 3 are always looking to pass when they should shoot!

Hopefully 3 strikers will come in 2 permanent and 1 on loan (from PL).
Pulisnewport

Postby Sven » Tue May 24, 2022 5:03 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:I would keep Davies and maybe give Watters one more chance. Davies as a winger. Watters is a difficult one. He can play off the shoulder of the defenders and he gets in the right positions, just needs to finish his chances. I would give him until January to see if he can find his shooting boots!

Tend to agree with this... :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby llan bluebird » Tue May 24, 2022 5:12 pm

Harris appears well-coached but just isn't a natural striker in my view, he works hard and could play a wide forward role as he does come back a lot.

Davies is still raw and I haven't seen much of his U23 finisher reputation yet, but when that penny drops he could be a decent wide option in a more attacking way than Harris.

Watters movement is instinctive, if we bag a passer or two in midfield then i believe he could be decent. Whether he will press enough for SM is another story though, but he has a pre-season to get himself to the required level. I think he could be the joker in the pack.

If we are a passing into space, pace up top team will we keep Josh ???? As when on song is levels higher than these
llan bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 24, 2022 7:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Let's remember its not even June yet and the transfer window hasn't opened properly.

Ned,

What’s that got to do with the topic? The questions & the 4 strikers?

:lol:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 25, 2022 8:36 am

By Glen Williams

Cardiff's quartet of Max Watters, Mark Harris, James Collins and Isaak Davies have precious few goals in the bank in a blue shirt.

They have just 14 goals in a combined 128 appearances — the breakdown is as follows; Collins three in 30 games, Davies three in 30 games, Harris seven in 57 games and Watters one in 11 games — and everyone is in agreeance that ratio simply has to be better if Cardiff are going to make a better fist of it next term.

Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat