Marlon Pack

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marlon Pack

Postby bluebazooka » Sun May 22, 2022 8:59 pm

Alright lads, been a member for years and post now and again, as Cardiff is my 2nd team. Pompey and Cardiff similar fans. Respect from both sets of fans...
Anyway, rumour is pompey born Marlon pack wants a return, and is in talks to play for his home town club.
Will he do a job for us in league one lads?
bluebazooka

Marlon Pack

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Marlon Pack

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun May 22, 2022 9:12 pm

Definitely ,Been good on the whole for us but our current manager is going in a different direction and he appears surplus to our requirements.
Sneggyblubird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun May 22, 2022 9:21 pm

bluebazooka wrote:Alright lads, been a member for years and post now and again, as Cardiff is my 2nd team. Pompey and Cardiff similar fans. Respect from both sets of fans...
Anyway, rumour is pompey born Marlon pack wants a return, and is in talks to play for his home town club.
Will he do a job for us in league one lads?

Similarly, I look out for Pompey too. Particularly since the shenanigans at your place in 1982 (tick tock) :bluescarf:
Pack is a true pro. His legs have gone a bit but he’s still got the ability to dictate the pace of the game in league 1 imo. Good luck mate. Hope he goes to you guys.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun May 22, 2022 9:28 pm

He'd be a solid player in League One.

As said by people above, he's a true pro but Morison is taking our style in a different direction that Pack wouldn't really fit into.

But I think he'd do a good job for Pompey.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby boyo1927 » Sun May 22, 2022 10:06 pm

Do a cracking job league one for sure. Not fast but very fit think he was fittest on the bleep tests here. Best player as defence mid in front of 2 centre backs
boyo1927

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun May 22, 2022 10:51 pm

Personally not a fan. He can keep the ball, no doubt, and pick out a pass too.

But he's very slow, often passes sideways, and isn't the most mobile. I guess it depends whose next to him and how you play. Could be decent at League 1. That said he's a good professional.
JasonFowler1991

Postby NIBluebird » Mon May 23, 2022 8:43 am

He's totally defense minded but can't score the odd spectacular goal

He'll do well in your league but no longe a championship player
NIBluebird

Postby llan bluebird » Mon May 23, 2022 6:20 pm

Bristol did a great job moving him on to us and making us pay for him.

13 championship goals in 8 seasons tells you he is a defensive-minded central midfielder. He doesn't have a massive passing range, but good close control and rarely gives it away, but its simple passes.

Far too slow and is a counter-attacking team's dream as he offers no cover in any form of defensive cover.

I am surprised if he ends up in L1 and thought it would be a semi-coaching role in a L2 or conference team with loads of kids. Good pro but he was never quick and his legs have gone to compound it.
llan bluebird

Postby nubbsy » Tue May 24, 2022 11:50 am

llan bluebird wrote:Bristol did a great job moving him on to us and making us pay for him.

13 championship goals in 8 seasons tells you he is a defensive-minded central midfielder. He doesn't have a massive passing range, but good close control and rarely gives it away, but its simple passes.

Far too slow and is a counter-attacking team's dream as he offers no cover in any form of defensive cover.

I am surprised if he ends up in L1 and thought it would be a semi-coaching role in a L2 or conference team with loads of kids. Good pro but he was never quick and his legs have gone to compound it.

Although I agree with most I think your last sentence is a bit harsh!

I rekon he'd do a decent job in league one.
nubbsy

Postby pipster » Wed May 25, 2022 9:47 am

He'll be a good fit for any League1 team I reckon.
pipster

Return to General Chat