Updated Dillon Phillips??

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 21, 2022 12:19 pm

I’ve been told Phillips is one of the lowest paid players in the first team, but they are looking to bring some more money in to the club.

Dillon Phillips just sold his house, did hear a while back that City would sell him if they could get some money in for him?

Dillon Phillips, Morison wants money for him.

Alex Smithies was rated highly but his wages was to high.

George Ratcliffe, not renewing his contract.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Dillon Phillips??

Postby piledriver64 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dillon Phillips just sold his house, did hear a while back that City would sell him if they could get some money in for him?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes, I certainly don’t think he’s going to be first choice.

I think he’s a very good keeper but Alnwick’s strength is apparently playing the ball out on the floor and that’s the way Morison is setting up to play.

Morison seems very driven in wanting to change the whole philosophy so it no longer just about whether you’re good enough, it’s also about how you fit the style.

I wonder how long it will take some of the old timers in the Ninian Stand to scream “just boot it long” !!!!???

Interesting times.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 21, 2022 12:57 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Dillon Phillips just sold his house, did hear a while back that City would sell him if they could get some money in for him?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes, I certainly don’t think he’s going to be first choice.

I think he’s a very good keeper but Alnwick’s strength is apparently playing the ball out on the floor and that’s the way Morison is setting up to play.

Morison seems very driven in wanting to change the whole philosophy so it no longer just about whether you’re good enough, it’s also about how you fit the style.

I wonder how long it will take some of the old timers in the Ninian Stand to scream “just boot it long” !!!!???

Interesting times.

Correct Alnwick has come here to be first choice.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:58 pm

We are signing allsop from Derby too
Attachments
received_3096410377291130.jpeg
received_3096410377291130.jpeg (98.49 KiB) Viewed 10743 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Igovernor » Sat May 21, 2022 1:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Interesting times.

Correct Alnwick has come here to be first choice.

Annis I really think that Allsop will be our first choice! If Philips was staying then yes Alnwick’s first choice!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=227732
Igovernor

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 21, 2022 1:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:We are signing allsop from Derby too

Hmmmmm?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Sat May 21, 2022 3:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

Not sure this is a done deal, if I read correctly elsewhere

But I understand Dillon Phillips hqs played his last game, as Steve Morison is looking for bigger keepers (Alnwick is 6' 5"+ if I recall)

I'd expect George Ratcliffe to leave this summer on the same grounds (not tall enough at 6' 1" :shock: ) as well
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 21, 2022 3:32 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

But I understand Dillon Phillips hqs played his last game, as Steve Morison is looking for bigger keepers (Alnwick is 6' 5"+ if I recall)

I'd expect George Ratcliffe to leave this summer on the same grounds (not tall enough at 6' 1" :shock: ) as well

Yes exactly what I was told Chris.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: Updated Dillon Phillips??

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat May 21, 2022 3:39 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

Rohan Luthra has recently signed a new contract and he's 6" 5' too, so it certainly looks like Ratcliffe maybe moving on.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Nemo » Sat May 21, 2022 4:49 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

Wiki says that Alnwick is 6ft 2inches and Alsop is 6ft 2 1/2 inches
Nemo

Postby danielrees17 » Sat May 21, 2022 5:31 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

Rohan Luthra has recently signed a new contract and he's 6" 5' too, so it certainly looks like Ratcliffe maybe moving on.

Ratcliffe has been released
danielrees17

Postby nubbsy » Sat May 21, 2022 5:41 pm

Personally I don't think Phillip's is that good. Decent shot stopper but we can definitely do better!
nubbsy

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 21, 2022 11:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

Hmmmmm? - Indeed :shock:
TopCat CCFC

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat May 21, 2022 11:22 pm

danielrees17 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

Seems to be the case but nothing official yet. I hope the lad kicks on and continues his career, pro football is brutal and I wish him well.
GrangeEndStar

Postby Pulisnewport » Sun May 22, 2022 12:13 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

Seems to be the case but nothing official yet. I hope the lad kicks on and continues his career, pro football is brutal and I wish him well.

We are in and have been in talks with several players and I’d expect 2 more to be announced this week!
Pulisnewport

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun May 22, 2022 7:14 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

We are in and have been in talks with several players and I’d expect 2 more to be announced this week!

I've heard similar and your usually right so looking forward to getting two more over the line this week. I haven't read of any other clubs getting things done this early and it bodes well (I hope).
GrangeEndStar

Postby Wayne S » Sun May 22, 2022 7:57 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

I've heard similar and your usually right so looking forward to getting two more over the line this week. I haven't read of any other clubs getting things done this early and it bodes well (I hope).

I agree it is good to get things done early but it would seem we HAD to this year just to get our squad numbers to a level of that of other clubs just releasing a few players.
Wayne S

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun May 22, 2022 8:33 pm

Wayne S wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

I agree it is good to get things done early but it would seem we HAD to this year just to get our squad numbers to a level of that of other clubs just releasing a few players.

Completely agree and I should have highlighted that as a key driver. The miraculous recruitment in January was evidence that SM had been monitoring players for a long time when he was U23 manager. He and we all knew a complete rebuild would have to happen under difficult circumstances, January indicated he had a handle on that and would also want to recruit the right players to play in the style he wants as opposed to adapting to the players you have inherited. The last rebuild like this I can remember was Malky when we had only around 9 odd players left after loans and end of contracts expired. I'm genuinely exited by the new season, I've know idea how it will go but SM seems to be doing the things we've all wanted for a long time. Its typical Cardiff City in how he was appointed after a perfect storm by circumstance as opposed to design - maybe this time it will be in our favour.
GrangeEndStar

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun May 22, 2022 9:17 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmmm?

Completely agree and I should have highlighted that as a key driver. The miraculous recruitment in January was evidence that SM had been monitoring players for a long time when he was U23 manager. He and we all knew a complete rebuild would have to happen under difficult circumstances, January indicated he had a handle on that and would also want to recruit the right players to play in the style he wants as opposed to adapting to the players you have inherited. The last rebuild like this I can remember was Malky when we had only around 9 odd players left after loans and end of contracts expired. I'm genuinely exited by the new season, I've know idea how it will go but SM seems to be doing the things we've all wanted for a long time. Its typical Cardiff City in how he was appointed after a perfect storm by circumstance as opposed to design - maybe this time it will be in our favour.

Totally agree with all of this.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby JulesK » Mon May 23, 2022 6:56 am

Spot on post.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 23, 2022 11:09 am

I personally hope he stays as two good goalkeepers is good for us.

Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat