Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Flinty goes

Fri May 20, 2022 5:52 pm

https://twitter.com/threebluebirds_/sta ... yW-qkJM-xA

Good Luck Aden :ayatollah:

Re: Flinty goes

Fri May 20, 2022 6:10 pm

If we want to become a team that are comfortable passing it out from the back, then Flint was always going to be replaced.

That said, I really like him as a player and wish him well wherever he goes. Still think he can do a job in the championship and that he would smash it in league 1.

Fri May 20, 2022 6:14 pm

Good luck to him, he always gave his best and that's all we can ask.

Will always remember his goal against the Jacks.

"Who put the ball in the Swansea net, Aden f*cking Flint did" :bluebird:

Fri May 20, 2022 7:37 pm

Only 3 years but still a great servant to our club. That goal against the inbreds will always be remembered. Good luck to him in the future and thanks for his service. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Fri May 20, 2022 9:08 pm

I get that we want ball playing CB's but AF slotted right in when Morrison did his ACL and provided cover and also essential experienced leadership which the youngsters need. I'm guessing that Morrison will be retained and will recover to provide this role again which is a potential and significant void in our backline. Good luck Aden and thanks for that jacks goal and everything else you've done for the club.

Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 pm

Good Luck to Flinty .

Sat May 21, 2022 2:26 am

Good luck, very solid defender at this level and a threat at the other end too. Thanks for the memories :bluescarf:

Sat May 21, 2022 8:25 am

Really liked him. It it is time to move on Good luck and thanks for the memories :occasion5:

Sat May 21, 2022 9:12 am

theclaw wrote:Really liked him. It it is time to move on Good luck and thanks for the memories :occasion5:

Yes I did too. Good pro, as was Pack. Time to move on though.

Sat May 21, 2022 9:26 am

I know all Morisons talk of a change in style means players like Flint are superfluous.

But let's not forget that the reason for him leaving is probably more to do with a change in the wage budget.

I cannot believe that any manager would not want Flint's set of skills and experience in the squad or on the bench for certain situations.

Sat May 21, 2022 9:36 am

Have 100% every time.

All the best flinty. Shame he couldn’t have stayed. I think it’s more about salary budget than playing ability because even in a more “footballing” side his qualities would have added a lot to the team and squad.

Sun May 22, 2022 4:54 pm

he'll get a team in the championship - a very effective player at this level. Lets just a Warnock type team will snap him up.

Sun May 22, 2022 6:30 pm

Apparently he's wanted by Wayne Rooney at Derby, if they can get their financial situation sorted in the next week.

Sun May 22, 2022 8:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Apparently he's wanted by Wayne Rooney at Derby, if they can get their financial situation sorted in the next week.

He’d do well there I reckon.

Mon May 23, 2022 6:58 pm

A good Championship defender but never worth the £4m and wages Warnock paid for him and won’t fit into our new style under Morison. Far too similar to Sean Morrison and they were never going to be a good blend!

Mon May 23, 2022 11:10 pm

Liked Flint old skool