5th signing needs to be Bale

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Fri May 20, 2022 5:37 pm

If the rumours are true and there's absolutely any chance of GB coming to us the club should push for this before the Wales game.

Just imagine the pulling power he would have?

If Josh Laurent is a top target and we've offered a contract would he honestly turn down playing with GB? Or any other player for that matter.

My point is let's not miss out on any of our targets (money aside) just for the sake of a few weeks when we know players will surely want to get onboard with one of the best Welsh players playing beside them :ayatollah:
Pantmawr Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 5th signing needs to be Bale

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:54 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:If the rumours are true and there's absolutely any chance of GB coming to us the club should push for this before the Wales game.

If Josh Laurent is a top target and we've offered a contract would he honestly turn down playing with GB? Or any other player for that matter.

My point is let's not miss out on any of our targets (money aside) just for the sake of a few weeks when we know players will surely want to get onboard with one of the best Welsh players playing beside them :ayatollah:

I imagine he would have been the first signing announced if it was in place. This is why I think it's dependent on the Wales game.

I also expect we won't see anything about our new kit until this is settled either. Imagine a Bale + new kit launch combination :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

The second week of June could be one to go down in history!
JasonFowler1991

Postby Wayne S » Fri May 20, 2022 6:23 pm

Obviously won't be anything until after the Wales game against Scotland or Ukraine.

Remember he is still playing under contract for another few weeks.

As if there is not enough on the Wales game already for us city fans without having this potential signing also hanging on the result.
Wayne S

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:26 pm

Wayne S wrote:Obviously won't be anything until after the Wales game against Scotland or Ukraine.

As if there is not enough on the Wales game already for us city fans without having this potential signing also hanging on the result.

Here’s a completely hypothetical question -
Wales quality and Bale doesn’t come
Wales miss out and bale comes

Second choice for me
bluebirdoct1962

Postby paulh_85 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:35 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Obviously won't be anything until after the Wales game against Scotland or Ukraine.

Second choice for me

Touch wood ive got another 40 years of watching Cardiff. I might never see Wales at the world cup again so first option for me
paulh_85

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:39 pm

I'm expecting an announcement after Madrid finish their season. Still got champions league final.
bluebird7291

Postby BLUEBIRD » Fri May 20, 2022 6:45 pm

He’s not in squad tonight
BLUEBIRD

Postby Wayne S » Fri May 20, 2022 6:50 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Second choice for me

I thought it was Wales qualify and he comes?

Either double fantastic or double awful.
Wayne S

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:29 pm

Wayne S wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Second choice for me

I thought it was Wales qualify and he comes?

Either double fantastic or double awful.

I’m not saying it isn’t mate but hypothetical question
bluebirdoct1962

Postby piledriver64 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:31 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:If the rumours are true and there's absolutely any chance of GB coming to us the club should push for this before the Wales game.

Don’t forget he’s still under contract and Madrid still have a couple of big games left, then it’s straight onto the Wales camp.

They just won’t want any distractions until after that.
piledriver64

Postby Sven » Sat May 21, 2022 11:33 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Don’t forget he’s still under contract and Madrid still have a couple of big games left, then it’s straight onto the Wales camp.

They just won’t want any distractions until after that.

Correct; and nice to see a 'thinling' comment on a subject that will sort itself out one way or t'other

Personally, I don't give a fig what signing order Gareth might come here in; just so long as he did :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Sat May 21, 2022 5:45 pm

What a daft post. If only things were that simple!

Bale is the A side in that negotiation. He'll decide IF and when he comes!
nubbsy

Postby brynleybridle » Sat May 21, 2022 6:33 pm

The daily paper is saying GB has agreed to sign for Spurs.
brynleybridle

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat May 21, 2022 7:14 pm

brynleybridle wrote:The daily paper is saying GB has agreed to sign for Spurs.

The daily paper???????? It's been said many times that no decision will be made until after the Wales world cup play off is done so any paper talk is just tomorrows chippie paper.
Welshman in CA

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 21, 2022 8:07 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
brynleybridle wrote:The daily paper is saying GB has agreed to sign for Spurs.

The daily paper???????? It's been said many times that no decision will be made until after the Wales world cup play off is done so any paper talk is just tomorrows chippie paper.

Strange latest betting odds make city 1/4 favourites ? :o
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat