Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City are still awaiting on a decision '

Thu May 19, 2022 9:05 am

Cardiff City are still awaiting on a decision from Bristol City's Callum O'Dowda.

O'Dowda, age 27, was named on the Robins' released list this week and have held talks, the midfielder has held talks with two other clubs, Morison is waiting on O'Dowda's decision.

The midfielder made just 16 Championship starts this season as he struggled with form and injuries.

Bristol City did not trigger their option to keep O'Dowda on for another season, so he is available on a free.

BRISTOL CITY HAVE confirmed that Ireland international Callum O’Dowda has left the club, ending a six-year spell with the Robins.

O’Dowda, 27, joined Bristol from Oxford United in 2016 and made over 150 appearances for the club.

However the midfielder made just 16 Championship starts this season as he struggled with form and injuries. Bristol had the option of triggering a year extension to O’Dowda’s contract but have decided against keeping him on their books.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City are still awaiting on a decision '

Thu May 19, 2022 9:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City are still awaiting on a decision from Bristol City's Callum O'Dowda.

O'Dowda, age 27, was named on the Robins' released list this week and have held talks, the midfielder has held talks with two other clubs, Morison is waiting on O'Dowda's decision.

The midfielder made just 16 Championship starts this season as he struggled with form and injuries.

Bristol City did not trigger their option to keep O'Dowda on for another season, so he is available on a free.

If he’s taking to long, leave him or offer him less if he comes back to us cap in hand.

Thu May 19, 2022 9:28 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City are still awaiting on a decision from Bristol City's Callum O'Dowda.

If he’s taking to long, leave him or offer him less if he comes back to us cap in hand.

And injury prone, Not for us in my opinion.

Thu May 19, 2022 9:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Annis, totally agree. We've had enough sick notes thank you :roll: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu May 19, 2022 9:39 am

Fair enough - give him a day to think it over - if he hasnt made his mind uop by then - he is clearly waiting on another offer and not interested in being here

Thu May 19, 2022 9:39 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Annis, totally agree. We've had enough sick notes thank you :roll: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Andrew, hopefully we have learnt our lesson.

Thu May 19, 2022 9:42 am

I'd be happy to have him.I wouldn't call him injury prone but he did have a season of in and out due to niggles,haqppens that way sometimes.The type of winger that would be very popular here IMO and would command a decent fee if he had a year to run on a contract.

Thu May 19, 2022 9:51 am

SM bangs on about bringing players who WANT to be here. If he’s on the fence about joining then surly he’s not the player that SM really wants? Pull the plug I say.

Thu May 19, 2022 9:55 am

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:SM bangs on about bringing players who WANT to be here. If he’s on the fence about joining then surly he’s not the player that SM really wants? Pull the plug I say.

In this absolutely spot on, We should move on from him and Morison should stand by what he keeps saying.

Thu May 19, 2022 9:57 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I'd be happy to have him.I wouldn't call him injury prone but he did have a season of in and out due to niggles,haqppens that way sometimes.The type of winger that would be very popular here IMO and would command a decent fee if he had a year to run on a contract.

Not for me Martin,

I know many Worzels and they say his best days behind him, def injury prone.

I was told the same about James Collins and quite a few including yourself said the opposite, we wasted a lot of money on him once again.
We can’t keep having other clubs rejects.

Thu May 19, 2022 10:11 am

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 19, 2022 11:07 am

Reply FB:

Thu May 19, 2022 11:20 am

Morison, stick to your word, he can’t make a decision so it’s a no from you

Thu May 19, 2022 11:21 am

sure SM said in an interview, i want players who want to be here, i don't want someone who will say, oh give me time to decide to see if someone else comes in and offers more money, because by then we will have moved on. injure hit season, not for me sorry

Thu May 19, 2022 11:24 am

bluebird04 wrote:sure SM said in an interview, i want players who want to be here, i don't want someone who will say, oh give me time to decide to see if someone else comes in and offers more money, because by then we will have moved on. injure hit season, not for me sorry

Nor me and Morison has stated that, so it should be a no.

Thu May 19, 2022 11:25 am

Replies Fb:

Thu May 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Reply FB:

Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm

Not so keen on this one. Recent injury record is poor and their fans seem pretty happy he is going.

Fri May 20, 2022 12:51 pm

Apparently will give his decision on Monday.

It’s a NO from me, wrong attitude and Morison should stand by his words and now say No.

Fri May 20, 2022 2:07 pm

I don't like this waiting game for players. Always bites us on the backside

Fri May 20, 2022 2:41 pm

Why the hell is SM waiting on this guy? It's not like he is any special is it ? Also, if he wanted to be here he would have signed by know!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 4:25 pm

JulesK wrote:Why the hell is SM waiting on this guy? It's not like he is any special is it ? Also, if he wanted to be here he would have signed by know!!!

Maybe morison is edging his bets who's to say he'll bypass him by Monday? Or morison is being fair on players and given him time to think over move afterall he may been offered lower wages than he wants? Sighning players is never that simple otherwise have GB all done dusted by now :laughing6:

Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 pm

If this was a guy from abroad I'd understand because of family etc but Bristol isn't exactly a long way from Cardiff, I'd retract the contract offer now and move on

Fri May 20, 2022 5:37 pm

danielrees17 wrote:If this was a guy from abroad I'd understand because of family etc but Bristol isn't exactly a long way from Cardiff, I'd retract the contract offer now and move on

Definitely

Fri May 20, 2022 5:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
JulesK wrote:Why the hell is SM waiting on this guy? It's not like he is any special is it ? Also, if he wanted to be here he would have signed by know!!!

Maybe morison is edging his bets who's to say he'll bypass him by Monday? Or morison is being fair on players and given him time to think over move afterall he may been offered lower wages than he wants? Sighning players is never that simple otherwise have GB all done dusted by now :laughing6:

Exactly Al, it's not simple. Ita easy for us to say do it now or f**k off but maybe hes getting offered 10k a week less than now.

Fri May 20, 2022 5:50 pm

Why would you expect somebody to make a career decision immediately if they have multiple offers?

Put yourself in their position, you would take time to evaluate the pros and cons. I would prefer that, whether he decides to come or not. At least then you know it's the right decision.

I know they are miles apart in quality, but look how long the Mbappe saga has gone on, same for Haaland.

And if he does say no, Im sure we have a plan B, C...

Fri May 20, 2022 6:00 pm

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Exactly Al, it's not simple. Ita easy for us to say do it now or f**k off but maybe hes getting offered 10k a week less than now.

It's also probably his last move and suspect he's not been offered what he wants? not sure if any so called journeyman players will get what they want anyway.... because hes weighing up options is no reason to bash him....besides morison has given him the time which you would expect any decent manager would do.. if says no hopefully morison got other plans

Fri May 20, 2022 6:08 pm

Would prefer Laurent to O'Dowda.

Fri May 20, 2022 6:09 pm

nubbsy wrote:..... but maybe hes getting offered 10k a week less than now.

Poor b*stard. :lol:

Fri May 20, 2022 7:48 pm

Wait a minute here SM told the world he has done his homework prior to getting people in who want to be here, obviously this boy has other offers, fair play to him.
Opinions aye.