Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TITLE CONTENDERS

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:44 am

Do you honestly believe after the last 2 performances that we are REAL title contenders SAME OLD SAME OLD judging by the performances Glad that we have developed a plan B style of play ?Real contenders have injuries and overcome them a lot better than we do by playing slightly different or whatever to suit the players they have Stop looking for continuous excuses foe BAD performances At least another 3 players (minimum) more are required to be taken as SERIOUS title contenders.

Re: TITLE CONTENDERS

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:58 pm

I still think we are , how many other teams in this division have had 5 1st team players out all at once, I believe the reason we have lost the last 2 games is that the players coming in are not match fit , if you notice the 1st halves of leicester and ipswich we were not losing, come the second half we fell to pieces. ( we need reserve league , or at least regular friendlies)I believe this squad is good enough but the fringe players need games to be match fit.
Once team is back to full strength I believe we will rise right up the table and I think we will finish in the top 2 . :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Depends.

Dave Jones stubborness is going to cost us if he doesnt approach future games with a different mindset. Also, the backroom staff need to get everything in order fast to keep key players fit and in good shape for the majority of the seasons remaining games.

I think we need to tighten up in front of defence to stop route one football getting through. Jones has already admitted himself that the fitness staff at Cardiff City need to work harder with the players to key them fit and get them ready for games. We all know that Bellamys knee requires constant management and the sooner a routine is sorted for that the better.

We can't just keep going 2 weeks with full team. Bellamy and Jay get a knock, then 2 weeks without them all season, as the players will be lost on the field because the system is constantly changing and they are not learning to play with each other as well.

I'd also play Bellamy in the hole where he can also track back but spread play and link up play, maybe then going out left if we need to revert to a plan B.

This is the team i would play, once players are fit.

Marshall

Naylor
Hudson
Gyepes
McNaughton

Oli (DM)
Drinkwater (DM)
Whitts (LW)
Bellamy (CAM - in the hole to play off Jay)
Burke (RW)

Bothroyd (ST)

With this system we have 3 very technically gifted players who can get in the box to help Jay. Also, if this system doesnt work its easy enough to stick Bellamy LW, take off whittingham and put Koumas in CAM, where Bellamy started.

At the current time however, I cant decide which way its going to go, as its really down on the players themselves to proove how much they want to get promoted. All this niggling injury nonsense needs to be stopped otherwise the money being spent to pay these loan players is being wasted. The team need to get their act together on and off the field and they may just get rewarded with promotion if they do so.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:54 pm

We were missing alot of key playes.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:45 am

I still think it is wide open and upto 6 teams could win it.
I would like to think we could, but we are never consistant enough over a season.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:31 am

But are we hiding behind the fact that we have players injured ?Of course it is going to make a big difference when you have such good players missing.But real title contenders seem to have a plan B to as to how to play certain teams a different way to the norm.Otherwise everytime we have a couple of players missing we would be making the same excuses/what are we as a side going to learn if we just keep doing the same things wrong?What have we learnt about playing a certain way from the play off final?Certain managers have got DJ worked out completely(keane being one of them).They know exactly how a DJ side is going to play The only time DJ changes his tactics is when he is FORCED to do it.