Latest on Derby County:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Latest on Derby County:

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:38 am

Derby County's administrators have been given an extra month to provide proof of how the Championship club will be funded for the rest of the season.

The English Football League originally asked administrators Quantuma to provide details by 1 February.

But that date has now been pushed back until the beginning of March to allow further talks with potential buyers.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Latest on Derby County:

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Latest on Derby Cointy:

Postby Abergavenny » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:37 am

The league will give Derby as much time as they require and would not surprise if they push it back to end of season I am surprised Derby have not shipped out players in transfer window that have value to have sufficient funds to fund until end of season
Abergavenny

Re: Latest on Derby County:

Postby avondaleblue » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:08 am

I wonder if the EFL would have done the same thing for US?
avondaleblue

Postby NIBluebird » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:16 am

Seems derby have preferential treatment with EFL
NIBluebird

Postby darran1927 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:27 am

Don’t want to see any club go bust but I don’t think EFL gave the same treatment to Bury . Derby are in a mess big time, they had a reprieve last season also
darran1927

Postby todder76 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:43 pm

I thought Mike Ashley was buying them what’s the holdup
todder76

Postby CF11 Rondo » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:43 pm

todder76 wrote:I thought Mike Ashley was buying them what’s the holdup

No one wants to buy them with the legal cases from Wycombe and Middlesbrough being made against Derby. DCFC need to resolve those issues first before they can be bought.
CF11 Rondo

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:25 pm

darran1927 wrote:Don’t want to see any club go bust but I don’t think EFL gave the same treatment to Bury . Derby are in a mess big time, they had a reprieve last season also

Not saying it's right but maybe the EFL has considered their history / size of club.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:04 pm

Abergavenny wrote:..... I am surprised Derby have not shipped out players in transfer window that have value to have sufficient funds to fund until end of season

I think that is what is annoying many people.

Player sales gets them the cash until the end of the season but near enough guarantees them relegation.

Derby are trying to maintain their squad in an attempt to avoid relegation and keep them partly attractive to buyers. They are wriggling and getting deadline extensions.

No one wants a club to go under but they not doing what others have had to and liquidate some assets.
Wayne S

Postby darran1927 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:..... I am surprised Derby have not shipped out players in transfer window that have value to have sufficient funds to fund until end of season

Player sales gets them the cash until the end of the season but near enough guarantees them relegation.

Derby are trying to maintain their squad in an attempt to avoid relegation and keep them partly attractive to buyers. They are wriggling and getting deadline extensions.

No one wants a club to go under but they not doing what others have had to and liquidate some assets.

This
darran1927

Postby bluebird04 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:40 am

darran1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

This

you can see they are selling, i believe they just lost 4 players, including Graeme Shinnie to Wigan for £30k. its not that they aren't selling, its that no one is buying their top players due to the high wages those players are already on.
bluebird04

Return to General Chat