STEVE MORISON: ‘ RUBIN COLWILL ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:59 pm

Rubin Colwill is expected to start v Forest or at least be in the match day squad.

Thursday 27th January 2022

Morison left Colwill totally out of the match day squad v Bristol City

The ten youngsters one of the main pilot schemes by Vincent Tan at the beginning of the season, but after the novelty wore off, and Cardiff slid alarmingly down the table, it became clear there was far too much onus on these Championship rookies to shine.

The ten, it’s now apparent many will not be want Tan demanded, make Championship players and also could see Cardiff relegated through lack of investment last summer which left less quality in the squad from previous seasons and a squad full of players never properly played before in the Championship.

Colwill, though, looked the most likely to stand up to the rigours of such a demanding league.

It quickly became obvious that, with no type of player like Harry Wilson, Colwill was the only player in the squad who had the tools to unlock opposition defences. He showed flashes of promise and excitement, but consistency alluded him and Morison said about all these youngsters, “it’s a big step up for them and many to big a step.”

But he has made just three cameo appearances off the bench in the last four matches. His inconsistency and a tendency to drift in and out of games were the reasons behind taking him out of the limelight. There are 12 players who have featured more then him this season in terms of minutes played.

He has bags of potential, there are few who dispute that. In fact, he is arguably the player with the highest ceiling from this crop of youngsters sprouting through.

But Cardiff want more from him and they need more from him as they hurtle towards the business end of the campaign. Perhaps another fruitful day against Forest can be the catalyst for him once again.
Attachments
6E13872F-6D0F-4461-A075-B8B4A5DA1477.jpeg
6E13872F-6D0F-4461-A075-B8B4A5DA1477.jpeg (36.69 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: STEVE MORISON: ‘ RUBIN COLWILL ‘

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:47 pm

All pressure cooker stuff. All we can ask is that he tries his best as its not his fault we are neck deep in the brown stuff.
Sneggyblubird

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:49 pm

Got the potential to be a great player but he seems lazy without the ball and needs to up his game on that front .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bellamys barmy army » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:18 pm

Not sure where this says he will start or be in the match day squad?
Bellamys barmy army

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:26 pm

He is still a great prospect, to me he stood out in the under 23's and his first few games in the first team, but like many youngsters seemed to lose a bit of confidence, the pressure must have got to him and he started to look a different player, unsure and giving the ball away.

I think Morison will be good with him, but it's a tricky time to be throwing too many youngsters in at once, we need the old pros like Morrison and Ralls to step up and talk them through these remaining games, if he can regain his confidence he could still play a big part in pulling away from the relegation zone and keeping us up.
Bluebina

Postby GrangeEndStar » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:11 pm

I believe he scored the two when we beat them at the City Ground. I'd like to see him start.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Return to General Chat