UPDATED: ‘ ITS OFF ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:12 pm

UPDATED:

Cardiff's pursuit of Uche Ikpeazu is off

“They only wanted to sell him or if a loan we pay all his wages, so we move on.”

Boro confirmed about Uche?

Steve Morison:

Yeah he is a player who did well against us previously.

We have looked at loads of options, we need help.

It’s not something we are going to be able to do. They want a permanent deal and we are not in that market, we cant buy, only loan at this moment,

Middlesbrough boss Chris Wilder has confirmed Cardiff City are interested in signing Uche Ikpeazu on loan.

"We are looking at around offers of £500,000 for striker Uche Ikpeazu, Cardiff I understand want him on loan and an agreement on his wages, it will be put to my board."

"Millwall, West Brom and Hull have also shown interest."

Friday 28th January 2022

This Forum reported this week that Cardiff had made contact with Boro on Wednesday morning regarding taking the out-of-favour striker on loan until the end of the season.

The Bluebirds are keen to add to their forward ranks before the closing of the transfer window on Monday and the 26-year-old is a player they are particularly interest in.

Cardiff were keen on Ikpeazu last summer, too, but eventually opted to sign free agent James Collins following the end of his contract at Luton Town.

But Cardiff may well get their man this time around. The Bluebirds are understood to be keen on signing the player on a temporary basis, while Boro are keen to offload him permanently and would prefer a sale.

We understand, though, a deal will only be struck with Cardiff if Boro allow him to leave on loan. Millwall, West Brom and Hull City are the other clubs thought to be interested.

CHRIS WILDER:

“There’s been interest from Cardiff,” said Wilder this morning. “In fact, there’s been interest from a few Championship clubs.

“It’s for the best for the boy to go and play football, 100 per cent. He’s not involved with us, I’ve made it perfectly clear, so that decision now rests with the boy and his agent.”

"We are looking at around offers of £500,000 for striker Uche Ikpeazu, Cardiff I understand want him on loan and an agreement on his wages, it will be put to my board."

UPDATED: Thursday 27th January 2022

Steve Morison contracted Chris Wilder yesterday and was told yes he is available due to their new sign.

Morison was told Boro want around £500,000.

Morison asked if we could do a deal on having on loan and wages arrangements.

Wilder said he is for sale, no offer was put in from Cardiff.

Meanwhile Millwall and Hull have since shown interest.

Updated:

Middlesbrough boss Chris Wilder has confirmed that Ikpeazu is available to leave this to leave permanently for a small fee, Wilder has confirmed to Cardiff he’s available for around £500.000.

Boro Striker

Cardiff have today contacted Boro over Uche Ikpeazu.

Boro preference is to sell (for ~ £500- £750k), which is a big stumbling block.

As Cardiff say they can only loan him.

Steve Morison wants him and has asked City board for backing, he is experienced and Morison is a big fan of him.

Come on the board back your manager.
Attachments
0_Blackpool-v-Middlesbrough-Sky-Bet-Championship-Bloomfield-Road.jpg
0_Blackpool-v-Middlesbrough-Sky-Bet-Championship-Bloomfield-Road.jpg (55.56 KiB) Viewed 11520 times
542EF003-CBBC-4330-B2DF-A06C4BABD8F6.jpeg
542EF003-CBBC-4330-B2DF-A06C4BABD8F6.jpeg (79.6 KiB) Viewed 21483 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City go after / BUT

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:39 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
443014E0-7E17-4C25-984D-42614CF93EE8.jpeg
443014E0-7E17-4C25-984D-42614CF93EE8.jpeg (203.69 KiB) Viewed 20831 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:42 pm

Unless Boro agree to a loan it looks like it won’t happen

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:53 pm

Updated:

Middlesbrough boss Chris Wilder has confirmed that Ikpeazu is available to leave this to leave permanently for a small fee, Wilder has confirmed to Cardiff he’s available for around £500.000.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Hmmmmm, they tried that at a few clubs, without much success, my concern is, this has been the agenda for some, since the rebrand debacle, answer me this please:

TAN OUT, WHO IN? genuine question, although my spidey senses tell me already.
There are no queues forming to buy us, so for me, ill stick for now.

What if this protest happened, and we were sold to someone like the yanks down the road? Would these protesters be happy, as they got rid of the man they hate so much? Even if we were in deeper shit than we are? Would their moral victory taste as sweet? If the answer is yes, then I dismay, as it means tan out, was their only aim, without real concerns of where we could end up!!
bluesince62

Re: Updated: Cardiff City go after / BUT

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:10 pm

I mean, it makes sense from a business point of view.

Sell Moore for a few million and also save on his wages.

Use the money to get this guy in - I can't see him being on higher wages than Moore.

If Moore has got his head turned already and as some people have guessed is sulking around then get rid
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:33 pm

If wsign him I will give him my full support ,some of the comments I've seen online have been laughable ,people will only be happy if we sign Bale or messi
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:44 pm

wez1927 wrote:If wsign him I will give him my full support ,some of the comments I've seen online have been laughable ,people will only be happy if we sign Bale or messi

They still wouldn't score in this team & then get called donkeys & past it by the same people.
Welshman in CA

Postby Crayfish » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:55 pm

My concern about signing him and paying money for him ,minor thing really, is that he a bit crap. His last two clubs have been Hearts and Middlesbrough. He scored 5 goals in 40 games for them and has 2 in 20 for Middlesbrough. He is basically a hard working lower division donkey who is pretty useless at this level. My guess is he was one of Warnocks more idiotic signings for Middlesbrough and they are trying to get their money back.

If we sign him I expect him to be almost wholly useless for us and given our fianancial situation we may have to sign one or two players like that but to pay money for him would be crazy.
Crayfish

Postby nojac » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:00 pm

What about , loan him and pay his full wages . If we stay up pay them £500k
nojac

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:03 pm

So we sell for, what £3M, maybe more, and we refuse to back a manager with just £0.5M of it? Lower salary to one would have thought.

And some criticise my absolute dismay at the way the club is run.

We must be even further in the mire than I thought. Laughable that Tan says he is backing and supporting the manager in January.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:27 pm

Im guessing the club is being in accordance with what is in the budget to spend based on ticket sales, sponsorship and other income streams.
I dont blame Tan for not wanting to spend over and above this. His other businesses must have been hammered in the pandemic.
The problems on spending and stupid decisions in the past have made the current situation a reality unfortunately.

We need to either increase our income stream some how or get players on big wages off the books. Dalman and Choo Choo really need to take a look at themselves here.

We could go into administration if it's looking likely we would go down. The Sala case going the wrong way - we are down the river without a paddle and half a boat.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Crayfish » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:03 pm

nojac wrote:What about , loan him and pay his full wages . If we stay up pay them £500k

The problem is I suspect that Middlesbrough know full well that he is not championship standard and at the end of the season we would send him back to them unless we were forced to buy him. Think it was only Warnock who thought he was any good so not sure if we are really interested.

It would be funny if having avoided another Warnock dud by sacking him we take the dud he signed for Middlesbrough off their hands.
Crayfish

Postby maccydee » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:15 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:If wsign him I will give him my full support ,some of the comments I've seen online have been laughable ,people will only be happy if we sign Bale or messi

They still wouldn't score in this team & then get called donkeys & past it by the same people.

Then with benefit of hindsight get the ‘why did the so called transfer committee sign him?’
maccydee

Postby pontlliwblue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:05 pm

Seem to remember this guy giving mozza a really hardtime last season. Not saying he's a world beater but you don't get them for 500k. If we end up with him and maybe Giles and another on loan I'd say they would be more than an adequate replacement for an unmotivated keiffer.
pontlliwblue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:13 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Seem to remember this guy giving mozza a really hardtime last season. Not saying he's a world beater but you don't get them for 500k. If we end up with him and maybe Giles and another on loan I'd say they would be more than an adequate replacement for an unmotivated keiffer.

Yes he played hell with Mozxa that night - a right handful.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Pulisnewport » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:14 pm

Barclay1 wrote:So we sell for, what £3M, maybe more, and we refuse to back a manager with just £0.5M of it? Lower salary to one would have thought.

We must be even further in the mire than I thought. Laughable that Tan says he is backing and supporting the manager in January.

Trying your hardest to nail down a mod position you’ve done quite well with your numerous replies on most threads.

I for one wouldn’t be happy if Annis gave you a position.
Pulisnewport

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:21 pm

Please not another journeyman, i'd rather go to a premier league club plead for their next big thing, pay the wages and promise to play them
llan bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:28 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:So we sell for, what £3M, maybe more, and we refuse to back a manager with just £0.5M of it? Lower salary to one would have thought.

Trying your hardest to nail down a mod position you’ve done quite well with your numerous replies on most threads.

Not looking for, and wouldn't want a mod position at the moment. I'll let those who do a great job carry on their task.

If you hadn't noticed, I comment on a lot of posts and have done for a while. I don't post for support, I post where I feel a point or opinion should be put over, or to challenge and debate opinion.

If you wouldn't want me as a mod in the future, then by all means let those in charge know. It's your choice and your entitled to your opinion.
Barclay1

Postby Pulisnewport » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:34 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Not looking for, and wouldn't want a mod position at the moment. I'll let those who do a great job carry on their task.

If you hadn't noticed, I comment on a lot of posts and have done for a while. I don't post for support, I post where I feel a point or opinion should be put over, or to challenge and debate opinion.

If you wouldn't want me as a mod in the future, then by all means let those in charge know. It's your choice and your entitled to your opinion.

Nothing personal to you just comes across that you are looking for it especially with the amount of traffic you’ve posted since it was opened up.

I’m sure Annis will pick the ones he wants why should he change!
Pulisnewport

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:15 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Nothing personal to you just comes across that you are looking for it especially with the amount of traffic you’ve posted since it was opened up.

I’m sure Annis will pick the ones he wants why should he change!

I don't take anything personally on here, so it's not a problem. There's a lot who wouldn't want me as Mod, which is fine by me, so your not on your own!
Barclay1

Postby Einstein » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:24 pm

In the last few years scores at a rate of 1 in 10 games... We might get two goals out of him by the end of the season... Exactly what we need, please nooooooo
Einstein

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:49 pm

What’s really funny is that the people now taking the p£ss are the same ones who were saying Moore was unproven and the transfer committee had got it wrong !!

They are now moaning about us selling him off three times what we paid for him 18 months ago !!

Unbelievable!!
piledriver64

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:07 pm

maccydee wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Then with benefit of hindsight get the ‘why did the so called transfer committee sign him?’

Because Morison wants him.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:13 pm

Had a look on Boro message board. They have only good things to say about him it is just that he doesn’t fit their style of play now apparently. They say he will be perfect for a team that want to play with a target man. They all wish him well. There is a quote that Wilder has said he can be sold or loaned. They think he will go to Trading ad that was were he started his career.
He sounds like he is worth a go.
Bridgwater Blue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 pm

Bridgwater Blue wrote:Had a look on Boro message board. They have only good things to say about him it is just that he doesn’t fit their style of play now apparently. They say he will be perfect for a team that want to play with a target man. They all wish him well. There is a quote that Wilder has said he can be sold or loaned. They think he will go to Trading ad that was were he started his career.
He sounds like he is worth a go.

If you mean Reading, I’d say that was unlikely as they haven’t a pot to pi$$ in.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:05 pm

I did mean Reading, bloody autocorrect!!!
I thought that but I was quoting from their message board.
I think he could be a good signing especially if Giles comes back.
Bridgwater Blue

Postby biglad6 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:20 pm

Another cheap waste of time 6 in 60 and 2/3rds of that in Scotland. Boro want to let him go as well, absolute desperation !
biglad6

Postby Daicwmbran » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:21 pm

I’ve got to agree with the board on this one. More yellow cards than goals this season. No better than Collins. Loan or no thanks
Daicwmbran

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:11 am

I normally gloss over your posts Barclay as I try to stay positive about our team and situation. That said, at this point, I cannot argue with any of your post quoted.......a sad reflection of where we are. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Next

Return to General Chat