Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bournemouth

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:17 pm

Isnt it sad that a club like Bournemouth with a ground of 11,000 capacity can spend money on players whilst we lie in a relegation battle, shows how poorly we have been run

Re: Bournemouth

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:56 pm

Many years in the premiership and still getting payments These days crowds for clubs especially in the premiership are a muncher lower % of takings They have also done well over the years in the transfer market
But yes it does annoy me
Not sure what the wealth of their board is thou but when you see Barnsley board are worth over $9 billion i suppose it can mean nothing

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:03 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Many years in the premiership and still getting payments These days crowds for clubs especially in the premiership are a muncher lower % of takings They have also done well over the years in the transfer market
But yes it does annoy me
Not sure what the wealth of their board is thou but when you see Barnsley board are worth over $9 billion i suppose it can mean nothing

They also have made a net profit transfers over the last 3 years of around £100 million Just more money in their club

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:04 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Many years in the premiership and still getting payments These days crowds for clubs especially in the premiership are a muncher lower % of takings They have also done well over the years in the transfer market
But yes it does annoy me

Yes they have had 5 years of their whole history in top flight football, but they are a very very small club.

No need to make their ground bigger as they can’t fill 11,500 and only get 8,000 when they are near the top of the Championship.

Yes your right still got parachute payments and spending them sensible, remember we had them for years and messed up big time.

It’s very sad to see them way above us.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
But yes it does annoy me

Yes they have had 5 years of their whole history in top flight football, but they are a very very small club.

No need to make their ground bigger as they can’t fill 11,500 and only get 8,000 when they are near the top of the Championship.

Yes your right still got parachute payments and spending them sensible, remember we had them for years and messed up big time.

Agree Bournemouth are now a very well run club When you look back from where they were you have to applaud them really

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:28 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
But yes it does annoy me

Agree Bournemouth are now a very well run club When you look back from where they were you have to applaud them really

I take my hat off to them.

Exactly what we were promised 12 yrs ago.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:20 pm

Bluebird 67 wrote:Isnt it sad that a club like Bournemouth with a ground of 11,000 capacity can spend money on players whilst we lie in a relegation battle, shows how poorly we have been run

Exactly that !

And don't forget they have come back as well from being Bournemouth AFC to being rebirthed as AFC Bournemouth some time ago.

Makes it even more of a mystery for us Bluebirds eh ? :shock:

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:59 am

It's not the size of the club it's the ability of the Manager, if we keep picking the wrong ones it doesn't matter how much money we spend they will not make the most of it!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:29 am

Bluebina wrote:It's not the size of the club it's the ability of the Manager, if we keep picking the wrong ones it doesn't matter how much money we spend they will not make the most of it!

Malky and Neil Warnock wrong choices? :o :shock:

Both took us to the Premier League under Tan and brought in over £200m

Respectfully, I'm baffled with your comment, to be honest :|

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:21 am

Sven wrote:
Bluebina wrote:It's not the size of the club it's the ability of the Manager, if we keep picking the wrong ones it doesn't matter how much money we spend they will not make the most of it!

Your baffled? I baffled that your baffled to be honest.

Two good Managers that did a great short term job, a shame about Malky he still wasn't finished, but Warnock did a great job but didn't really spend well and left us in a bit of a mess.

How about Ole Gunner and the job he did here including the money he spent?

Then how about Slade, Trollope, Harris, McCarthy and Morison, are they better than say Swansea's Managers, Brentford's, or Bournmouth's all smaller clubs than us?

How many have gone on to bigger and better things, apart from Ole ?

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:33 am

Bluebina wrote:
Sven wrote:

Your baffled? I baffled that your baffled to be honest.

Two good Managers that did a great short term job, a shame about Malky he still wasn't finished, but Warnock did a great job but didn't really spend well and left us in a bit of a mess.

How about Ole Gunner and the job he did here including the money he spent?

Then how about Slade, Trollope, Harris, McCarthy and Morison, are they better than say Swansea's Managers, Brentford's, or Bournmouth's all smaller clubs than us?

How many have gone on to bigger and better things, apart from Ole ?

Before that Dave Jones was great and had us playing really good football and his buys were fantastic, then back 10 managers to Eddie May 1995.

The point was you can spend £10's of millions on players, but if the manager doesn't get them playing it's money down the drain as we have seen, that's why despite 2 promotions we are where we are. The Manager is the most important person at the club and that's what any owner needs to get right.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:04 pm

They've made an absolute fortune buying good players on the cheap or bringing them through then selling them on. Something the cardiff board have absolutely no clue how to do.

Yes they have a small stadium and only 8k with probably a fraction of the running costs that we do. We have a 35k seater that's almost always less than half full which is hemorrhaging money.