Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could Cardiff to go into liquidation?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:22 am

Have you heard if we go down we will go into liquidation?

Re: Cardiff to go into liquidation

Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:35 am

Cant see that being true at all !!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:48 am

Ninian27 wrote:Have you heard if we go down we will go into liquidation?

For all our faults at the moment I really can't see that happening.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:08 am

If this were to ever happen, then what of the shallow Tan promise that he will leave us 'in better shape'.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:31 am

Will never happen that as someone will buy us out of administration. Tan wouldn't go down that route anyway ,majority of debt,is owed to him he would have no control over the way the administrators would go he could end up getting a penny in the pound for his debt .he will either sell the club or stay, our situation is totally different to other clubs like Derby.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:38 am

Absolute Rubbish, we will not go into liquidation :thumbup:

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:52 am

No way , Vincent Tan woldnt allow that. It would tarnish his name , which is more important to him than money .

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:10 pm

Out of curiosity, where did you hear it OP?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Will never happen that as someone will buy us out of administration. Tan wouldn't go down that route anyway ,majority of debt,is owed to him he would have no control over the way the administrators would go he could end up getting a penny in the pound for his debt .he will either sell the club or stay, our situation is totally different to other clubs like Derby.

Aye.

Only the taxman would put us into Liquidation. Can't see that happening.

We could go into admin ourselves but that would mean Tan would only get a fraction of what is owed to him. As for others putting us into admin who do we owe money too. This Isaac fellow possible but only if he win the court case. Then there is Sam who would use any court win to get the club back.

Overall its not going to happen.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Aye.

Only the taxman would put us into Liquidation. Can't see that happening.

We could go into admin ourselves but that would mean Tan would only get a fraction of what is owed to him. As for others putting us into admin who do we owe money too. This Isaac fellow possible but only if he win the court case. Then there is Sam who would use any court win to get the club back.

Overall its not going to happen.

Exactly we are totally in a different position to other clubs ,the options are either tan sells all or part of the club or invests more money.

Re: Could Cardiff to go into liquidation?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:54 pm

As reported by the EFL at the November meeting 9 or more clubs are within a pound of breaking financial fair play rules and we aren't one of them. Yes things are tough on the pitch but off it we are managing to keep our heads above water unlike many others.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:14 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:As reported by the EFL at the November meeting 9 or more clubs are within a pound of breaking financial fair play rules and we aren't one of them. Yes things are tough on the pitch but off it we are managing to keep our heads above water unlike many others.

Exactly, many teams are within touching distance of ffp rules, I said as much many times, yet still some as the op for instance? Want to try and put us in as bad a light as possibe, something I find annoying.
Rather than admit we are better off than nearly half the division, they try and create another stick to beat tan with, it gets monotonous after a while.its like some are deliberately trying to split the fans,by always bringing up negative posts, true or NOT!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:27 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:As reported by the EFL at the November meeting 9 or more clubs are within a pound of breaking financial fair play rules and we aren't one of them. Yes things are tough on the pitch but off it we are managing to keep our heads above water unlike many others.

Exactly, many teams are within touching distance of ffp rules, I said as much many times, yet still some as the op for instance? Want to try and put us in as bad a light as possibe, something I find annoying.
Rather than admit we are better off than nearly half the division, they try and create another stick to beat tan with, it gets monotonous after a while.its like some are deliberately trying to split the fans,by always bringing up negative posts, true or NOT!

Well according to Tans brigade he is supporting us by putting in £3m a month to keep us at break even. From what I understand about FFP we can go £39m loss in 3 seasons. If this is all correct we will be hitting FFP rules very soon and could join those 9 other clubs.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:33 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Well according to Tans brigade he is supporting us by putting in £3m a month to keep us at break even. From what I understand about FFP we can go £39m loss in 3 seasons. If this is all correct we will be hitting FFP rules very soon and could join those 9 other clubs.

Didn't our chairman say that tan was putting 3 million into the club during covid ? Also the league suspended fair play during the season of lockdown .so i doubt we are breaking ffp now

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:15 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I mean we have pretty robust accounts that get filed.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Didn't our chairman say that tan was putting 3 million into the club during covid ? Also the league suspended fair play during the season of lockdown .so i doubt we are breaking ffp now

This season is half way through where the lockdown rules don't apply. We have no parachute payments to help us so if these claims of £3m are right then come the end of the season we will be very close to breaking them.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:17 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I mean we have pretty robust accounts that get filed.

So did Derby until they did an investigation.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Yet you castigate the club for not spending more money on players?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:03 pm

The cost cutting to prevent us potentially going in to liquidation is whats resulted in where we are this season. I don't think we are running well as a club on the pitch, but as a business away from the pitch I do think we are doing alright following a few years of wasted money on bad signings and high wages for below average players. Had the players been successful and the team done well we would be ok, but they didnt so we are wasting millions a year on wages for people like Bacuna, Vassell, Tomlin (assuming his contract was paid up in full) etc and on top of that paying off unsuccessful managers too.
We won't go into liquidation I think the accounts are going to look a lot better in terms of losses next summer, going down won't be good but it won't liquidate us I think Tan has learned his lesson with the spending though so it's going to be a few years until we are challenging again I feel.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:42 pm

Important to distinguish between liquidation, administration and falling foul of FFP regs.

Liquidation won’t happen. Tan would lose all his money and have no chance of getting it back and the club would cease to exist.

Administration is unlikely because Tan would lose financial control and may be forced to sell at a price that won’t cover his losses.

FFP is the issue. With Tan continuing to subsidise the club we may exceed the amount he’s technically able to put in without incurring penalties. It’s the lesser of the three evils but still not ideal and one that will ensure we still have a club although under embargo and maybe point deductions. From what I understand we will be far from the only Championship club at risk of this next season unless FFP is eased to help clubs get on their feet.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:51 pm

Blue78 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Yet you castigate the club for not spending more money on players?

Right Mr I work at CCFC.

Where have I castigate the club for not spending? I have not so take that back to your boss and tell him it not me. Personally I don't give a damn if he spends or not, he can keep his money the Smiling Assassin.

However, if he wants to save our championship status he will need to spend. That is if he can within the FFP.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:52 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Important to distinguish between liquidation, administration and falling foul of FFP regs.

Liquidation won’t happen. Tan would lose all his money and have no chance of getting it back and the club would cease to exist.

Administration is unlikely because Tan would lose financial control and may be forced to sell at a price that won’t cover his losses.

FFP is the issue. With Tan continuing to subsidise the club we may exceed the amount he’s technically able to put in without incurring penalties. It’s the lesser of the three evils but still not ideal and one that will ensure we still have a club although under embargo and maybe point deductions. From what I understand we will be far from the only Championship club at risk of this next season unless FFP is eased to help clubs get on their feet.

Aye

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:52 pm

Why does this £3m figure pop up any time folk want a dig at Mr Tan? Who actually said it officially? Or is it yet more drip feed poison of the hate brigade?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:54 pm

JulesK wrote:Why does this £3m figure pop up any time folk want a dig at Mr Tan? Who actually said it officially? Or is it yet more drip feed poison of the hate brigade?

Actually its the Tan lovers that keep bringing this up. I mean they have got to have something to praise him for.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
JulesK wrote:Why does this £3m figure pop up any time folk want a dig at Mr Tan? Who actually said it officially? Or is it yet more drip feed poison of the hate brigade?

Actually its the Tan lovers that keep bringing this up. I mean they have got to have something to praise him for.

2 promotions to the top flight for the first time in ~60 years, biggest crowds since the 1940’s, spent more money on the club than anyone ever. We’re in the shit at the moment but to act as if there’s nothing of note in the past decade under Tan is silly.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:23 pm

As you can see from post above, its done imho as a way of trying to garner support for their "tan out" agenda, and its poor form imho, deliberately calling anyone who doesnt back their ideal "tan lovers" trying to split the fans is also poor form, and thats what is happening imho! We could do the treble, and in blue, but some would still hate the man!! Who paid wages in full, no furlough last year? We used the bulk of the last parachute payment, thats who, people forget, we had some pretty high earners on the books! But hey, the results are poor, lets try and make things sound worse, then the "tan lovers" may change their minds?? Its obvious we cannot spend,as it could cost us dearly, we are in a catch 22 situation, and we are FAR from being alone.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:55 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

As you can see from post above, its done imho as a way of trying to garner support for their "tan out" agenda, and its poor form imho, deliberately calling anyone who doesnt back their ideal "tan lovers" trying to split the fans is also poor form, and thats what is happening imho! We could do the treble, and in blue, but some would still hate the man!! Who paid wages in full, no furlough last year? We used the bulk of the last parachute payment, thats who, people forget, we had some pretty high earners on the books! But hey, the results are poor, lets try and make things sound worse, then the "tan lovers" may change their minds?? Its obvious we cannot spend,as it could cost us dearly, we are in a catch 22 situation, and we are FAR from being alone.

Great post.

Used to be red brigade now Tan lovers or Tan brigade.

Joke.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:14 pm

CF11 Rondo wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

2 promotions to the top flight for the first time in ~60 years, biggest crowds since the 1940’s, spent more money on the club than anyone ever. We’re in the shit at the moment but to act as if there’s nothing of note in the past decade under Tan is silly.

Bang on

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:42 pm

Out of curiosity. Does anyone know if we’re closer to liquidation now or 15 years ago at the end of Sam’s ownership?

Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:44 pm

CF11 Rondo wrote:Out of curiosity. Does anyone know if we’re closer to liquidation now or 15 years ago at the end of Sam’s ownership?

Definitely 15 years ago the assets didn't cover the debt .