‘ virtually done?? ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ virtually done?? ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:53 am

Kieffer Moore virtually a done deal , Cardiff just want all the money upfront of Bournemouth.

When Cardiff were selling Moore to Wolves and it was then £5mill - £7mill, the deal fell through at the last hour as City wanted all the money Wolves wanted to Pay over 3yrs.

Kieffer Moore is fully fit, was left out last weekend in case he got injured.

Cardiff looking to them urgently bring in a striker on loan,from either Stole or?

City still hopeful of Giles returning on losn.
Attachments
F9B9CA7A-519C-44A0-BAF2-7B05C324C18D.jpeg
F9B9CA7A-519C-44A0-BAF2-7B05C324C18D.jpeg (48.5 KiB) Viewed 14756 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

‘ virtually done?? ‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Deal virtually done ‘

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:Kieffer Moore virtually a done deal , Cardiff just want all the money upfront of Bournemouth.

When Cardiff were selling Moore to Wolves and it was then £5mill - £7mill, the deal fell through at the last hour as City wanted all the money Wolves wanted to Pay over 3yrs.

Cardiff looking to them urgently bring in a striker on loan,from either Stole or?

Hes been sulking around the club since the summer ,get rid and replace ASAP
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:59 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Kieffer Moore virtually a done deal , Cardiff just want all the money upfront of Bournemouth.

Wez,

I do know Moore was very unhappy after it fell through as he was told he was sold and then it all went wrong.
Moore has never been the same player.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I do know Moore was very unhappy after it fell through as he was told he was sold and then it all went wrong.
Moore has never been the same player.

When he's actually played he doesn't seem committed, needs to go ,hopefully we get the players we are after .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Mike Strinati » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:06 am

Big blow that so I hope there’s a decent replacement being made or were seriously in the shit. Moore hasn’t been the same player true, but you can’t deny he’s still our biggest threat upfront.
Mike Strinati

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:17 am

Look forward to a loan player coming in or a lower league freebie more or less if he goes. People forget players play for money these days and to win things nothing more despite the club badge on the shirt. Why would he not want to better himself as he's in a team who would struggle in div 1 at the moment but that's down to the squad we got to go with and we all know why unless you've been locked up for the last few years. Ups and downs is what makes us fans not who's on the pitch or how much we are spending on a big name. It is for me anyway :bluescarf:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby theDelaney88 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:18 am

Regardless of his mood, Kieffer was still our best player by a mile on his day.

The fact we're staring relegation in the face and selling our star player speaks volumes.
theDelaney88

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:19 am

theDelaney88 wrote:Regardless of his mood, Kieffer was still our best player by a mile on his day.

The fact we're staring relegation in the face and selling our star player speaks volumes.

Yep but we all know what the situation is money wise sadly that's football.
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby montyblue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:19 am

Well we defenitly need spirits lifting after this another thump to the stomach its like vultures picking whats left of a relegation team
i know he has not shown for cardiff this season but its still a sickner to loose and we know he can score if he gets the service
montyblue

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:25 am

All I will say is when your in a relegation battle, you keep your best players.

I will get shot down by Tans followers, but for me we need a striker and Collins and Harris are 100% not the right ones.

30 appearances / 3 goals and 40 appearances / 5 appearances Awful rate

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:30 am

Some of these modern players attitudes stink, when the going gets tough, the players get going to another club and another payday!!!!

I'd make him play, he's got a contract we are in a relegation battle and need him, what's the cost of relegation compared to a few quid for him now?
Bluebina

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:36 am

Heading for the 3rd on a decent wage - or Prem for a good few grand a week more. He'll probably never have a better opportunity in life.
rumpo kid

Postby CantonStandBob » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:53 am

Bluebina wrote:Some of these modern players attitudes stink, when the going gets tough, the players get going to another club and another payday!!!!

I'd make him play, he's got a contract we are in a relegation battle and need him, what's the cost of relegation compared to a few quid for him now?

The sad thing is we can't do that, although I 100% agree with you. We would be affecting his "mental health" no doubt which is always the trump card these days. If he doesn't go he will end up sulking for the rest of the season. It's poor by him and really unprofessional, no better than what that Paterson clown is doing to Swansea. Players make the rules these days and are protected when they do, imagine trying to stop wages for players not playing.... it doesn't happen because it would never be supported by a court despite the fact if I went to work and sulked because I didn't get a promotion and refused to work anymore I would be out on my ear. Footballers are too protected and its a kick in the teeth to the fans who support these players and the kids who idolise them and buy their shirts.
CantonStandBob

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:54 am

Kieffer Moore is in full training at Cardiff this morning

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:03 am

It's disappointing to say the least on many fronts.

Let's get this out of the way first, Keiffer has been a different player this year to last. He is though, a goalscoring international striker and the best we have.

Any new player that might come in needs to be our new 'best player' if we are to stand a chance of getting ourselves put of this mess.

Why has his form dipped? Easy really, a big striker, who's strength is his aerial prowess had three good wingers to play off last year. This year he has no wingers (let alone good ones).

He had 'some'decent players around him last year, this year he looks aroubd and he sees mediocrity.

It could be said the club have not looked after his development. Give a worker tools to work with i.e. wingers and he'll get a better job done. Take them away, and your asking him to learn a different skill set as a striker.

I'm not defending poor performances, but I really wonder what its like to be a player at the club right now? If I had a chance to get out, I'd jump at it.

As for a replacement. The only way to 'strengthen' after such a huge loss of player, is to spend a decent amount of the money. Bringing in a loan to replace Moore, will speak volumes about the willingness of the regime to put Cardiff City in some form of decent shape, and how next year will look.

It will also give the fans something shout about, something they have not done for the last 18 months.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby CantonStandBob » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:Kieffer Moore is in full training at Cardiff this morning

Maybe the reports are off the mark then? Or is that wishful thinking?
CantonStandBob

Postby montyblue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:11 am

CantonStandBob

Just getting himself in tip top for bournmouth been sulking uptil now and 3 alleged episodes of covid and a bad foot
montyblue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:15 am

CantonStandBob wrote:

If he's still here by Sunday I'd like to see him start up front on Sunday with Watters :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby theclaw » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:16 am

What’s the fee ?
theclaw

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:16 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:

If he's still here by Sunday I'd like to see him start up front on Sunday with Watters :bluescarf:

This....
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:18 am

theclaw wrote:What’s the fee ?

I'd take a complete guess and say £3.5m with another £1.5 - 2m if promoted & goals etc. Possibly a total of £5.5m at most.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:28 am

Mike Strinati wrote:Big blow that so I hope there’s a decent replacement being made or were seriously in the shit. Moore hasn’t been the same player true, but you can’t deny he’s still our biggest threat upfront.

Precisely.
Need a decent no 9 to take advantage of the hopeful return of Giles.
But I’m confident Watters will come good but not confident we’ll get enough goals without Moore being replaced.
Danny Says

Postby Abergavenny » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:30 am

If he does not want to be here get him out At least we won’t lose money on the transfer for once I like him to stay but only with the attitude he had last season
Abergavenny

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:30 am

Danny Says wrote:
Mike Strinati wrote:Big blow that so I hope there’s a decent replacement being made or were seriously in the shit. Moore hasn’t been the same player true, but you can’t deny he’s still our biggest threat upfront.

Precisely.
Need a decent no 9 to take advantage of the hopeful return of Giles.
But I’m confident Watters will come good but not confident we’ll get enough goals without Moore being replaced.

Agree.
I watched Jonson Clarke-Harris in action last night and he looked a handful.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby BargoedBluebird25 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:35 am

You lot having a go saying he looks disinterested etc, what do you expect from a team playing him as a lone striker with absolute rubbish around him and no service at all? Our midfield is one of the worst I have ever seen, he gets absolute zero service. Got to be the most frustrating thing as a striker, I don’t blame him at all for leaving.
BargoedBluebird25

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:36 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I'd take a complete guess and say £3.5m with another £1.5 - 2m if promoted & goals etc. Possibly a total of £5.5m at most.

Andrew I would guess at £7.5m plus addons!
Igovernor

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:39 am

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew I would guess at £7.5m plus addons!

Roger, I hope you’re right. My theory is that we may be getting a bit ‘twitchy’ knowing he can go for free next year along with the fact we need ££££
bluebirdoct1962

Postby darran1927 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 am

BargoedBluebird25 wrote:You lot having a go saying he looks disinterested etc, what do you expect from a team playing him as a lone striker with absolute rubbish around him and no service at all? Our midfield is one of the worst I have ever seen, he gets absolute zero service. Got to be the most frustrating thing as a striker, I don’t blame him at all for leaving.

Agree our midfield is one of the worst I’ve seen in along time with us . Our strikers have been starved of decent service from our midfield for a good few seasons now
darran1927

Postby castleblue » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:56 am

If this helps the club OFF the field then so be it but for me it absolutely will not help us on the field. Keiffer has had a difficult season but in fairness last season he had Harry Wilson, Sheyi Ojo, Josh Murphy, Junior Hoilett and Robert Glatzel to support him and boy did he deliver.

When you consider our attacking players supporting him this season it's little wonder he has struggled and although I hope he stays if he goes it's a big thanks and good luck from me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Crayfish » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:15 am

Don’t think any striker from the lower divisions would score many for this Cardiff team. We are set up to defend but bizarrely are pretty useless at defending. Collins has proved he can score at this level he did for Luton and I suspect he would score plenty if he went to one of our rivals. It maybe that Harris and Davies are much better strikers than they have shown because they are playing for us. Waters was dismissed as useless by many and scored 7 in no time at all for Milton Keynes.

To be honest if I was a decent striker I would want out of Cardiff sharpish. I suspect if we avoid relegation this season it is merely postponing it for one season.
Crayfish

Next

Return to General Chat